Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:48 pm

They will be over for the Chelsea game  :angry:  Hicks not worried rafa will be here for the next 5 years, couldnt understand a word of it really.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Ciggy wrote:They will be over for the Chelsea game  :angry:  Hicks not worried rafa will be here for the next 5 years, couldnt understand a word of it really.

yep, same here mate, sounds like he did not know what he was talking about to tell you the truth.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

like we believe owt that yankie cnt says anyway
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 pm

They need to sack Parry asap. If Rafa had got the signings he wanted im sure we would be further ahead by now.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:03 pm

lakes10 wrote:Hicks "Rafa will be here for the next 5 years".............longer than you then?

Where did you read that mate?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:06 pm

From the Official....

Liverpool's co-chairmen remain committed to finding a solution in their ongoing discussions with Rafael Benitez on a new contract.
The Reds boss had revealed in the Liverpool Echo that he has rejected the offer of a new deal.

A spokesperson for the owners said today: "As Rafa says he enjoys a strong working relationship with Tom and George and they are united behind the team.

"They understand Rafa's frustrations and are committed to working with him and his advisers to find a solution. They will keep talking, and in the meantime all focus is on the pitch and the next game."

Speaking earlier today, Benitez had said: "The talks between my agent and the advisers of the owners have been very positive and friendly and our differences are about my responsibilities," said Rafa.

"This is solely about being allowed to manage Liverpool Football Club to the best of my abilities as I see them.

"I believe that this club has the potential to improve and I just want to be able to help this to happen.

"I will continue to do my job as manager and concentrate on the thing that our fans want me to focus on – winning trophies for them."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 pm

From Setanta Sports....

Liverpool owner Tom Hicks has assured Reds fans that Rafa Benitez will remain as manager for the next five years.

Benitez rejected a new contract on Friday after both parties could not agree on the scale of control the Spaniard has over transfers and youth affairs.

However, far from being worried, Hicks insists both he and George Gillett will continue with their plans to meet Benitez after the Chelsea match at the end of the month, where he is confident an agreement will be thrashed out.

“We have a strong working relationship, we’re united behind the team and we understand Rafa’s frustration," Hicks told Sky Sports News. "We’re working with him to find a solution here.

“We’re coming over for the Chelsea match, we’ll clear up anything then.

“I’m absolutely comfortable with the situation, Rafa loves it at Liverpool, he wants to be the manager and he will be the manager.

“George and I will work with the lawyers to get it resolved, but I’m just not worried about it at all.

“Everybody can relax. Rafa’s gonna be the coach of Liverpool for the next five years and we’ll sort all these little issues.”

http://www.setanta.com/....d-35738
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:22 pm

With the Madrid board resigning because of a corruption scandal, and with a new board full of promises incoming in the next week, Hicks, make sure you're not too comfortable with the situation.

You know, others will knock Rafa's door while you're very comfortable.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Sabre wrote:With the Madrid board resigning because of a corruption scandal, and with a new board full of promises incoming in the next week, Hicks, make sure you're not too comfortable with the situation.

If he wont sign a new contract with us because he wants full control over transfers then there is no chance he will ever go to Madrid.

They wouldn't even let him decide what to have for tea  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 pm

True enough Dundalk :D But the incoming guys will be promising a lot of things, and Rafa might be tempted, despite we all know Real Madrid will be a brothel anyway.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

:D

True Sabre, true
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:38 pm

It was a quiet day before this news hit the forum !
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Sabre wrote:With the Madrid board resigning because of a corruption scandal, and with a new board full of promises incoming in the next week, Hicks, make sure you're not too comfortable with the situation.

Yes that is a worrying development and is of concern. Rafa leaving now would mean we could effectivly write off this season as we'd be lumbered with Sammy Lee probably until the summer.  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

heimdall wrote:

Yes that is a worrying development and is of concern. Rafa leaving now would mean we could effectivly write off this season as we'd be lumbered with Sammy Lee probably until the summer.  :sniffle

Hes not going anywhere
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion