Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mramo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I bet this comes down to  if City offer over £100million for Torres they could just go over Rafas head and sell him, and Rafa could do feck all about it.

There is noway on earth Rafa would be selling Agger for 7 million not a chance, if we wanted to buy Agger from a top club we would be talking 20 million +.

If they offered £100 million for Torres we should snap their hand off in accepting it, sorry but no player is worth that much money especially not now when a lot of clubs are about to go t1ts up or at least into big financial trouble with the global recession and we should be able to buy excellent players on the cheap.

Oh please fuck off do you think that 100 million would go back into the team, that would be used to pay off loans and line the fat yanks back pockets.

Ciggy is totally right! We'll never see approx 80% of that money again. That will go back to the Yanks who will fund for the new stadium project & repay back their outstanding loans.

Heimdall, You're not the sharpest knife in the cupboard, are ya?
mramo

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I bet this comes down to  if City offer over £100million for Torres they could just go over Rafas head and sell him, and Rafa could do feck all about it.

There is noway on earth Rafa would be selling Agger for 7 million not a chance, if we wanted to buy Agger from a top club we would be talking 20 million +.

If they offered £100 million for Torres we should snap their hand off in accepting it, sorry but no player is worth that much money especially not now when a lot of clubs are about to go t1ts up or at least into big financial trouble with the global recession and we should be able to buy excellent players on the cheap.

This epitomises why you are without a clue.

Who do you get to replace him ?

you bemaons Rafa's signings and then say we sell the best and replace him with players of a sub standard.

Since when are excellent players = sub standard. You need a new dictionary mate!!

And Ciggy you really need to wash your mouth out and maybe also get a dictionary, no need for vulgarity as long as you have a good vocabulary.

Who do you buy who will replace Torres ?

I have no idea, all I'm saying is that if someone offered that amount of money which could well be used to save the entire football club then we should take it, if £100 million is not enough then how about £200 million or £300 million or is there no price we would sell Torres for?? Come on people lets get realistic here please, I'm not saying we should sell Torres I think he is our second most important player after Stevie but £100 million is an insane amount of money.
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:38 pm

heimdall wrote:
RedBen wrote:Not all of Rafa's signings were a success, but would you rather have Parry and 2 Americans to decide who we buy and sell or Rafa?

Bloody hell , this is not the issue. I am fairly certain that the new contract does not say that Rafa will have less say on transfers rather he is being arrogant and insisting on more control than any other manager in the Premiership.

I assume you are on the board at all the Premier LEague clubs with this info ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
RedBen wrote:Not all of Rafa's signings were a success, but would you rather have Parry and 2 Americans to decide who we buy and sell or Rafa?

Bloody hell , this is not the issue. I am fairly certain that the new contract does not say that Rafa will have less say on transfers rather he is being arrogant and insisting on more control than any other manager in the Premiership.

I assume you are on the board at all the Premier LEague clubs with this info ?

Well ok obviously not the crappy ones like Stoke but.......  :D

in all seriousness I think you'll find that all managers are accountable to the CEO and owners, what Rafa is asking for is insane and not good for the club.
heimdall

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:42 pm

heimdall wrote:And Ciggy you really need to wash your mouth out and maybe also get a dictionary, no need for vulgarity as long as you have a good vocabulary.

There is need for the language your constant witch hunt on Rafa is pathetic, then you advocate selling the 3rd best player in the world to a sh!t club, not that the money would be ploughed back into the team anyway.

I dont always agree with rafas team selections and tactics but the constant battering he recieves from you and some others on here is sad.

Be careful what you wish for, if he walks.................
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm

mramo wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Oh please fuck off do you think that 100 million would go back into the team, that would be used to pay off loans and line the fat yanks back pockets.

Ciggy is totally right! We'll never see approx 80% of that money again. That will go back to the Yanks who will fund for the new stadium project & repay back their outstanding loans.

Heimdall, You're not the sharpest knife in the cupboard, are ya?

I'm a fast typist though, would be faster too if it wasn't for this pesky flood control  :D

Obviously I am assuming that the money would not go state side and I don't actually think they could do that, but if it was used to secure the club then that would also be good although I would of course prefer to see it spent on £100 million worth of quality signings.
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Taking aside all the stuff about "Rafa bashing" and the like, having read Rafa's interviews the crux of the matter seems to be this.

Rafa thinks that if he has 40 million quid to spend, if that's his budget, he should be able to spend it on who he likes. The "answer to the CEO" bit which irks him, is that if for instance he decided to buy Alan Shearer (and I'm being silly to demonstrate the point) for 40 million quid, the board reserve the right to refuse to allow him to do that. This is effectively what appeared to happen in the Barry scenario. Infact to develop the point further, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rafa would have taken Barry in preference to Keane if the stipulation was being made that we weren't going to sign two 28 year olds.

The reality is though, that he is extremely unlikely in my view to be given that sort of control. There is bound to be an element of self preservation and self interest in any managers dealings, and the club are probably justified in wishing to retain checks and balances. You could argue this is even more so in Rafa's case given his somewhat unusual selection methods and apparent desire to build two teams not one (not a dig, just an observation).

No, I think he'll end up signing the contract and forgetting about the whole idea of "control". I think he'll have to.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:43 pm

This is gonna destabalise our season watch.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:46 pm

It might help Rafa had dont also paid money out for some :censored: players during his time here. yes he should be given the money for good players but if its from players that have not done anything in a year then he needs to back up his ideas and make the owners understand why he needs to buy them.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 pm

bavlondon wrote:This is gonna destabalise our season watch.

Ah ever the optimist  :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Ciggy wrote:
heimdall wrote:And Ciggy you really need to wash your mouth out and maybe also get a dictionary, no need for vulgarity as long as you have a good vocabulary.

There is need for the language your constant witch hunt on Rafa is pathetic, then you advocate selling the 3rd best player in the world to a sh!t club, not that the money would be ploughed back into the team anyway.

I dont always agree with rafas team selections and tactics but the constant battering he recieves from you and some others on here is sad.

Be careful what you wish for, if he walks.................

When did I advocate selling Torres, you were the one who mentioned that, i was just saying that £100 million would be a great price and we should take it. if you actually bothered to read my posts you would see that I have been supportive of the manager up until the Stoke game and his rant to the press about Ferguson. This contract thing is the final straw for me and I guess I see it form the other angle from most of you guys.
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:This is gonna destabalise our season watch.

I don't think it is, it'll blow over. It's not the first time that the press have been used to spark up a debate, and it won't be the last. The manager though won't be walking over this, he won't get the "control" he is talking about anywhere else so what's the point?

He'll be signing the contract and he'll be staying. Bet anything you like on it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:50 pm

bigmick wrote:Taking aside all the stuff about "Rafa bashing" and the like, having read Rafa's interviews the crux of the matter seems to be this.

Rafa thinks that if he has 40 million quid to spend, if that's his budget, he should be able to spend it on who he likes. The "answer to the CEO" bit which irks him, is that if for instance he decided to buy Alan Shearer (and I'm being silly to demonstrate the point) for 40 million quid, the board reserve the right to refuse to allow him to do that. This is effectively what appeared to happen in the Barry scenario. Infact to develop the point further, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Rafa would have taken Barry in preference to Keane if the stipulation was being made that we weren't going to sign two 28 year olds.

The reality is though, that he is extremely unlikely in my view to be given that sort of control. There is bound to be an element of self preservation and self interest in any managers dealings, and the club are probably justified in wishing to retain checks and balances. You could argue this is even more so in Rafa's case given his somewhat unusual selection methods and apparent desire to build two teams not one (not a dig, just an observation).

No, I think he'll end up signing the contract and forgetting about the whole idea of "control". I think he'll have to.

And so he should.

The idea if giving Rafa complete control in transfers sends a shiver up me spine.

If he had that kind of control in the Summer, we may have Barry and have sold Alonso.

uuuggggghhhhh...

:no
tonyeh

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:57 pm

Calderon has resigned from Real Madrid.........................
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:58 pm

ok, some are saying rafa has made bad signings but then he refuses a contract cos he wants control in the transfer market so tell me...

...who the fk makes the signings?

You cant blame Rafa for all the bad signings then slate Parry for not finalising deals? it one or the other folks.

as for Hiemendall or whatever, sell Torres for £100 million then lose Rafa, closley followed by Alonso, Reina, Masch and Riera. then the new manager won't pick Kuyt, gerrard will fk of to chelsea cos we'll be around 5th from bottom of the league and hanging our hopes on League cup football every season. How does this 'save our club' then?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion