Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:25 pm

bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Mick you keep putting in every thread about players bought not being picked ie keane yet hasnt he played a lot of matches for us and in fact only 5 more players have played more minutes than him ? So he has been picked plenty of times.

He has played a lot of matches for us yes. I think though that most people would probably conclude that if we were playing our best team, he wouldn't get in it. He doesn't even get in it when our star striker is injured as we'd rather move our best right midfielder out of position and stick him up front rather than play Keane. He doesn't get in the team when he's scored, and he doesn't complete a game when he starts one.

Some people may feel that Keane has been given enough chances and has made his bed and therefore should lie in it. I don't necessarily agree with that, but surely few would put him in their very best eleven, and nobody I shouldn't think would put him in Rafa's best eleven.

I only stick up for him because a) I think he's a good player and by a distance our best option up top when Torres is injured. b) after playing sh!t for months he's actually scored three goals in his last three league games and you never know, he might just score in the next one he plays in as well. c) We paid 20 million quid for him six months ago and it would be nice to think we hadn't completely spunked the cash.

What about hte games that KEane played in and did nothing ?

People forget these and only remember games he never played in and we never got the desired result.

LAndo's point in anotehr thread about only five or six players getting more league minutes than him is pertinent, especially as those players included Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Alonso.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:25 pm

Ciggy wrote:I bet this comes down to  if City offer over £100million for Torres they could just go over Rafas head and sell him, and Rafa could do feck all about it.

There is noway on earth Rafa would be selling Agger for 7 million not a chance, if we wanted to buy Agger from a top club we would be talking 20 million +.

If they offered £100 million for Torres we should snap their hand off in accepting it, sorry but no player is worth that much money especially not now when a lot of clubs are about to go t1ts up or at least into big financial trouble with the global recession and we should be able to buy excellent players on the cheap.
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:27 pm

heimdall wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I bet this comes down to  if City offer over £100million for Torres they could just go over Rafas head and sell him, and Rafa could do feck all about it.

There is noway on earth Rafa would be selling Agger for 7 million not a chance, if we wanted to buy Agger from a top club we would be talking 20 million +.

If they offered £100 million for Torres we should snap their hand off in accepting it, sorry but no player is worth that much money especially not now when a lot of clubs are about to go t1ts up or at least into big financial trouble with the global recession and we should be able to buy excellent players on the cheap.

This epitomises why you are without a clue.

Who do you get to replace him ?

you bemaons Rafa's signings and then say we sell the best and replace him with players of a sub standard.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:28 pm

heimdall wrote:
metalhead wrote:
“The only person who can decide the value of a player to his squad is the manager because he knows what elements are needed to improve the squad.”

Exactly! :nod

So Dossena, was he a good signing, wasn't he rafa's signing?
How about Degan?

or N'Gog

or that dodgy keeper?

or a £20 million striker who doesn't get a game recently?

All super signings, but yes rafa needs to be the dictator at Liverpool and control everything, some of you people are in cloud cuckoo land you really are.

Now thats a different topic, its whether you rate the manager or not.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm

heimdall wrote:

Oh please fuck off do you think that 100 million would go back into the team, that would be used to pay off loans and line the fat yanks back pockets.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:
GYBS wrote:Mick you keep putting in every thread about players bought not being picked ie keane yet hasnt he played a lot of matches for us and in fact only 5 more players have played more minutes than him ? So he has been picked plenty of times.

He has played a lot of matches for us yes. I think though that most people would probably conclude that if we were playing our best team, he wouldn't get in it. He doesn't even get in it when our star striker is injured as we'd rather move our best right midfielder out of position and stick him up front rather than play Keane. He doesn't get in the team when he's scored, and he doesn't complete a game when he starts one.

Some people may feel that Keane has been given enough chances and has made his bed and therefore should lie in it. I don't necessarily agree with that, but surely few would put him in their very best eleven, and nobody I shouldn't think would put him in Rafa's best eleven.

I only stick up for him because a) I think he's a good player and by a distance our best option up top when Torres is injured. b) after playing sh!t for months he's actually scored three goals in his last three league games and you never know, he might just score in the next one he plays in as well. c) We paid 20 million quid for him six months ago and it would be nice to think we hadn't completely spunked the cash.

People forget these and only remember games he never played in and we never got the desired result.

LAndo's point in anotehr thread about only five or six players getting more league minutes than him is pertinent, especially as those players included Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Alonso.

So do you really rate Kuyt, who has scored how many goals as lone striker (answer very very close to zero), to Keane ?? If that really is the case then it must go down as the one of the worst signings rafa has ever made and £20 million striaght down the toilet, and yet he shoud be given more power  :help
heimdall

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:30 pm

heimdall wrote:
metalhead wrote:
“The only person who can decide the value of a player to his squad is the manager because he knows what elements are needed to improve the squad.”

Exactly! :nod

So Dossena, was he a good signing, wasn't he rafa's signing?
How about Degan?

or N'Gog

or that dodgy keeper?

or a £20 million striker who doesn't get a game recently?

All super signings, but yes rafa needs to be the dictator at Liverpool and control everything, some of you people are in cloud cuckoo land you really are.

hiemdall

firstly -Dossena was outstanding for udinese and his country which is probably why rafa bought him. you cannot predict that a player may not adapt to the english game from abroad

secondly - N'gog is young

thirdly - cavalieri is not as bad as you think. i mean reina had a couple of scares against stoke, but we dont slate him

forthly - as for keane. we should play him more
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBen » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Not all of Rafa's signings were a success, but would you rather have Parry and 2 Americans to decide who we buy and sell or Rafa?
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:31 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

you bemaons Rafa's signings and then say we sell the best and replace him with players of a sub standard.

Since when are excellent players = sub standard. You need a new dictionary mate!!

And Ciggy you really need to wash your mouth out and maybe also get a dictionary, no need for vulgarity as long as you have a good vocabulary.
heimdall

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:32 pm

heimdall wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:

So do you really rate Kuyt, who has scored how many goals as lone striker (answer very very close to zero), to Keane ?? If that really is the case then it must go down as the one of the worst signings rafa has ever made and £20 million striaght down the toilet, and yet he shoud be given more power  :help

:bowdown
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:What about hte games that KEane played in and did nothing ?

There were many of them Leon. He was terrible at the start of the season, and lets be honest he hasn't improved that much either. he has though scored the odd goal, and he is IMHO a better bet than Kuyt up front.

My opinion though is obviously completely worthless. The manager picks the team, same as it's the manager bought him for 20 million quid. I'm not saying his signing has worked out, far from it it has been an absolute disaster, but I would have played him when he was showing signs of getting going.

Ultimately though, if his form doesn't improve (and it won't while he's sitting on his erse) we have wasted the money. That's partly Keane's fault, but surely it's partly the managers fault as well for buying him in the first place?
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 pm

heimdall wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Since when are excellent players = sub standard. You need a new dictionary mate!!

And Ciggy you really need to wash your mouth out and maybe also get a dictionary, no need for vulgarity as long as you have a good vocabulary.

Who do you buy who will replace Torres ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:34 pm

RedBen wrote:Not all of Rafa's signings were a success, but would you rather have Parry and 2 Americans to decide who we buy and sell or Rafa?

Bloody hell , this is not the issue. I am fairly certain that the new contract does not say that Rafa will have less say on transfers rather he is being arrogant and insisting on more control than any other manager in the Premiership. Of course there should be checks and balances, that exists in all walks of life from government to companies, without that you end up like communist Russia or Nazi Germany or most African countries at present, i.e dictatorships and that is never ever good.
heimdall

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 pm

I'd be interested to see whether Hicks will be interested in this development.

In the early struggle between Gillett and Hicks, Parry made the quick move to align himself with Gillett and not Hicks - this provided Gillett with a strengthened position on the board. If Rafa's new contract demands regarding the accountability to a CEO is met, this would effectively negate any power Parry has and subsequently provide Hick with fire-power to mount a challenge for complete control of the board.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm

bigmick wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:What about hte games that KEane played in and did nothing ?

There were many of them Leon. He was terrible at the start of the season, and lets be honest he hasn't improved that much either. he has though scored the odd goal, and he is IMHO a better bet than Kuyt up front.

My opinion though is obviously completely worthless. The manager picks the team, same as it's the manager bought him for 20 million quid. I'm not saying his signing has worked out, far from it it has been an absolute disaster, but I would have played him when he was showing signs of getting going.

Ultimately though, if his form doesn't improve (and it won't while he's sitting on his erse) we have wasted the money. That's partly Keane's fault, but surely it's partly the managers fault as well for buying him in the first place?

Opinions are like ar.se holes - eveyone has one.  :D

However, strikers are measured on goals, and the return this season is thus, seven each. So your guess is as good as mine mate.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion