Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Madmax » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:38 pm

pepe seems the likely candidate
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:Saint Dave Usher isnt to fond of Rafa, on the question of a mass exodus when Mourhino left there wasnt one simply because they where all different nationalities, but with the spine of our team being mostly spanish I reckon they would head off back home if rafa left.

However I could be wrong.

I know TLW isn't exactly a stronghold of Rafa lovers Ciggy...... I recommended it to peewee   :D

Dave is usually pretty good at getting things right though. He talks to a lot of people at the club. I just thought it might add a little balance to what Balague has been saying.

Hopefully it wont come to the test anyway Ciggy, but if it does I don't think there will be a mass exit, players are more concerned with their careers.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:45 pm

s@int wrote:Hopefully it wont come to the test anyway Ciggy, but if it does I don't think there will be a mass exit, players are more concerned with their careers.

Lets hope them pair of :censored: :censored: off before rafa and any of our players.

I feel the writting on the wall now they have 6 months left.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 am

Am I alone in not giving a flying feck about Rafa's contract at this stage of the proceedings?

Just to recap, we are trying to win the league. We have just spunked umpteen chances to pull clear of the chasing pack, who have now swallowed us up. We have drawn what is it five out of our last six Home games or something. We have spent 40 million quid in the Summer, and of the players we bought only Albert Riera would get into our first choice eleven (He's worth about 1/5 of that total).

We have our first choice right full back injured, unfortunately we don't have a second choice so we have had to move our best defender out to right back to compensate. Our star striker is just coming back from injury, but if he breaks down again we have the choice of a bloke we paid 20 million quid for who looks like his confidence is shattered, a bloke we paid 11 million quid for who looks like he'd rather be playing at the Ministry of Sound than at Anfield, a bloke who runs around a lot but who looks about as likely to score as me at an 18th birthday party, and a bloke whose nickname resembles a sweetened but ultimately quite sickly dairy based beverage, more than he resembles a striker who's likely to be up to it anytime soon.

We have also improved to such an extent this season, and made such massive strides that at this point we are three points ahead of Aston Villa.

I think we've got more pressing issues at the moment than contracts which have 18 months to run. As for players leaving because of a change of manager, it b0ll0cks. If it isn't b0ll0cks, then those players don't desereve to be at the club anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:36 am

bigmick wrote:a bloke we paid 11 million quid for who looks like he'd rather be playing at the Ministry of Sound than at Anfield, a bloke who runs around a lot but who looks about as likely to score as me at an 18th birthday party, and a bloke whose nickname resembles a sweetened but ultimately quite sickly dairy based beverage,

Very funny Michael  :D  :D  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

Hats off to that post  :D

Mick says that talks about Rafa's contract are not important, but he spends 80% of the post doing the more devastating post against Rafa's signings that anyone could do around here.

I have to admit I laughed a lot with the Ministry of Sound line.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:51 am

bigmick wrote:Am I alone in not giving a flying feck about Rafa's contract at this stage of the proceedings?

Just to recap, we are trying to win the league. We have just spunked umpteen chances to pull clear of the chasing pack, who have now swallowed us up. We have drawn what is it five out of our last six Home games or something. We have spent 40 million quid in the Summer, and of the players we bought only Albert Riera would get into our first choice eleven (He's worth about 1/5 of that total).

We have our first choice right full back injured, unfortunately we don't have a second choice so we have had to move our best defender out to right back to compensate. Our star striker is just coming back from injury, but if he breaks down again we have the choice of a bloke we paid 20 million quid for who looks like his confidence is shattered, a bloke we paid 11 million quid for who looks like he'd rather be playing at the Ministry of Sound than at Anfield, a bloke who runs around a lot but who looks about as likely to score as me at an 18th birthday party, and a bloke whose nickname resembles a sweetened but ultimately quite sickly dairy based beverage, more than he resembles a striker who's likely to be up to it anytime soon.

We have also improved to such an extent this season, and made such massive strides that at this point we are three points ahead of Aston Villa.

I think we've got more pressing issues at the moment than contracts which have 18 months to run. As for players leaving because of a change of manager, it b0ll0cks. If it isn't b0ll0cks, then those players don't desereve to be at the club anyway.

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

good stuff right there...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:07 am

bigmick wrote:Am I alone in not giving a flying feck about Rafa's contract at this stage of the proceedings?

Nope. Id rather wait until the end of the season. If we win sod all, then i'll be honest and admit, my patience would be spent with rafa and would welcome a change. For now though, there are trophies to play for.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:07 am

Is Guillem Balague benitez's b1tch or something ? why does he keep writing exclusives on benitez .....

Guillem Balague should shut his mouth and stick to spanish football..........
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:29 am

Balague wrote a piece for a Spanish publication today and touched on the same subject. He talks about Samuel Martin's exclusive interview with the Liverpool striker that was published earlier this week and makes reference to something that was 'off-the-record' where it is suggested that Daniel Agger, Javier Mascherano, Pepe Reina, Dirk Kuyt, Alvaro Arbeloa and Torres himself will all follow Benitez out of the door if he was to leave.

With posts like this, he is trying to create unstability in our club ...... 

Its clear the Balague only "cares" about benitez and he will stoop to any level to unstablize this club so that benitez gets his "golden" deal....

Maybe benitez should understand the current world climate.... Jobs are getting cut...pays are getting cut....  Asking for the sky in these times....isn't reasonable.

If benitez really cares about this club...he should stop going public (or getting his b1tches to do it)..and just concentrate on coaching the team (like he said 756 times last year.... :p)

We can still win the league if everyone (players and manager gives their 100%).

If benitez leaves.....and the some players do join him....then all i can say is good ridence.. We want players to give 100% for the club ... Its the club that pays their million dollar salary not benitez. So if they are so petty about the manager leaving..i say close the door on your way out.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:01 am

The dangers of giving managers long contracts :-

Magpies reveal Allardyce pay-out 

Allardyce lost his job with the Magpies last January
Newcastle United had to pay out £4.6m to manager Sam Allardyce and his staff after dispensing with their services in January last year.

The club's financial report for the period to 30 June 2008 revealed the club handed over a total of £4,597,000 after parting with Allardyce.

A £20m loss was made - the figures did not include five signings or the sales of James Milner and Abdoulaye Faye.

The results also confirmed owner Mike Ashley has poured £100m into the club.

It was also revealed that Ashley has injected an extra £10m into the business since the end of the reporting period.

Newcastle United Football Company Limited, part of the St James Holdings Limited group set up by Ashley to acquire the club, reported increased turnover of £98.8m, up from £87.1m the previous year.  Much of the increase comes as a result of the new television deal for Premier League clubs.

Wages and salaries amounted to £62.3m, up from £52.1m.

The report also highlights the club received compensation of £6.7m for the knee injury striker Michael Owen suffered at the 2006 World Cup finals and his subsequent treatment and rehabilitation.

bbc online

Big Sam yeah!  :buttrock

:D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Owzat » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 am

S@int - that's why I think Rafa' VERY lucky to be getting offered a contract at this precise moment. His aim is to win the league, if we don't even sustain our title challenge this season and fade badly then that's five seasons and no true (sustained) title challenge.

I know football goes back beyond the Premiership, but we would be the first team since Leeds in 1991/92 to win the league having finished fourth the previous season. Football does go back further, but that's a long time and money has changed the face of football to make a sudden improvement in one season require a lot more than it may have previously.

As for fat sam's dream bung pay-off - ridiculous. He was sacked for incompetency and gets paid millions for not doing the rest of his job and he isn't even prohibited from managing anyone else. He was so useless he was out of work until Blackburn took him in out of the wildernesss based on his reputation built at Bolton. Anyone else sacked in any other job (type outside of football) would be leaving with no pay-off and no reference either (or a poor one)

Rafa doesn't deserve the sack, but he does need to show his team can sustain a run and not just get off to a good start in a marathon and drop dead at the halfway mark. The mancs are unlikely to let us off easy, we can't afford to let up as we have. Will what's happened this season so far count for anything next season? If we win the league maybe, if not then next season we might get off to a bad start and be playing catch up which hasn't exactly worked out well for us in the past. Buck your ideas up Rafa, no good looking to use Parry interference etc as an excuse for your £155m squad not to do better against much less expensive ones. The blue side of manchester is catching us up rapidly, their boss looks incompetent when managing millions of pounds worth of players, Arsenal on the other hand have a squad cost roughly half what our's did.
Last edited by Owzat on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:34 pm

it makes me laugh that every time rafa has a dispute with the owners he drags the fans into it, just using the fans. he needs to realise that not all fans just back him blindly.

there should be no contract talks until the end of the season, in fact he is lucky that our owners are a bit green about football as i am sure a more knowledgeable owner would be questioning his tactics.

once again he spouts to the press to put pressure on the owners, seems he doesn't learn about many things. best way to get his contract is to concentrate on why we keep drawing games and why we never took advantage in the league, maybe when he shows he has the ability to keep a lead he will get his way with his contract, but lets be honest he has wasted too much money on garbage to be given a free reign
112-1077774096

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 pm

peewee seen on the right negotiates with a moderator to have his card removed :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:43 pm

Judge wrote:Image

peewee seen on the right negotiates with a moderator to have his card removed :D

:wwww  will be hard to notice him now. how did he shrink?
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion