Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:39 am

s@int wrote:It amuses me how at the time we first missed out on Alves it was because Rafa didn't want to be seen to be taken for a ride and ...." Rafa is making a stand "...... "Rafa won't pay over the odds for a player ".

Now that Alves has become a big success it has subtly changed to being "that incompetant tw@t Parry's fault we didn't get Alves".

:D

BTW I was reading tonight Parry's version of the events over Alves by someone who actually talked to Parry :- Rafa instructed him to do a deal with Sevilla, but Del Nido was really playing hardball. Rafa had a valuation, and Sevilla's price was way above it and Del Nido wouldn't budge an inch.

Parry reckons in the end he just agreed to pay them what they wanted, but when he went back to Rafa and told him Rafa pulled the plug and said he didn't want to give in to Del Nido's demands, so we didn't do the deal.

Who's that, then?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:49 am

Well whoever it is, and whether or not it is total unadultarated horsesh!t, it just goes to demonstrate I think anyway how daft this whole transfer stuff is. Having been told for three years by all and sundry that "you're not at Melwood FFS how do you know?" and asked "what do you do for a living again?" it just seems odd to me that everyone has inside knowledge of the way each and every transfer works out.

None of us know, that's the simple truth of it. I do recall though some years ago Man Utd trying to sign Ronaldinho (hope that's how you spell it) from Paris St Germain. I think the fee was around 12 million quid, but they couldn't agree a fee, Barcelona stepped in and Ferguson went mad. It happens. As I've said a couple of times, all this "if it weren't for him we'd have signed this player and that player" would have a lot more credibility if players we tried to sign who turned out to be sh!t were included as well. We don't even include players we HAVE signed who turn out to be sh!t, we just blame the CEO instead :laugh:.

I remember us stealing Sissoko from under Everton's noses, it happens. Whether that was because Rafa had a relationship with the player or because Parry moved like lightening I've no idea (I must confess my money would be on the former though :D ) but it happens.

People are entitled to think Rafa should get his wishes written into his contract. People are entitled to think it's not a good idea. I don't get though the belief that all the bad signings were down to Parry, as were all the good players we missed out on. But the good signings were down to Rafa, and if you don't agree you're a fecking w@nker.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:52 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
s@int wrote:It amuses me how at the time we first missed out on Alves it was because Rafa didn't want to be seen to be taken for a ride and ...." Rafa is making a stand "...... "Rafa won't pay over the odds for a player ".

Now that Alves has become a big success it has subtly changed to being "that incompetant tw@t Parry's fault we didn't get Alves".

BTW I was reading tonight Parry's version of the events over Alves by someone who actually talked to Parry :- Rafa instructed him to do a deal with Sevilla, but Del Nido was really playing hardball. Rafa had a valuation, and Sevilla's price was way above it and Del Nido wouldn't budge an inch.

Parry reckons in the end he just agreed to pay them what they wanted, but when he went back to Rafa and told him Rafa pulled the plug and said he didn't want to give in to Del Nido's demands, so we didn't do the deal.

Who's that, then?

Who ? Do you mean who met Parry ? Dave Usher, owns the Liverpool Way website and appears on LFC tv.

Its about 4 posts off the bottom of the page
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:18 am

You mean this quote?:

"Parry often gets the blame for us not signing Alves, and it might be his fault for all I know. His version of events is that Rafa instructed him to do a deal with Sevilla, but Del Nido was really playing hardball. Rafa had a valuation, and Sevilla's price was way above it and Del Nido wouldn't budge an inch.

Whether that is true I don't know. Rafa probably has a different version of events, so who knows what happened."

So it's mere speculation, then...

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:You mean this quote?:

"Parry often gets the blame for us not signing Alves, and it might be his fault for all I know. His version of events is that Rafa instructed him to do a deal with Sevilla, but Del Nido was really playing hardball. Rafa had a valuation, and Sevilla's price was way above it and Del Nido wouldn't budge an inch.

Whether that is true I don't know. Rafa probably has a different version of events, so who knows what happened."

As Dave meets with Parry quite often, I think it has more weight than most of the speculation in this thread mate.

There is always two sides to any arguement. That is Parry's.

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:37 am

s@int wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:You mean this quote?:

As Dave meets with Parry quite often, I think it has more weight than most of the speculation in this thread mate.

There is always two sides to any arguement. That is Parry's.

I just wish this f*cking farce would get sorted sharpish.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:05 am

Rafa doesn't have control of the purse strings, thats the point.
Alves was just a demonstration of how Rafa had to miss out on a top target because of a couple mill, but hey ho we got Kuyt instead.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:43 am

bigmick wrote:Well whoever it is, and whether or not it is total unadultarated horsesh!t, it just goes to demonstrate I think anyway how daft this whole transfer stuff is. Having been told for three years by all and sundry that "you're not at Melwood FFS how do you know?" and asked "what do you do for a living again?" it just seems odd to me that everyone has inside knowledge of the way each and every transfer works out.

None of us know, that's the simple truth of it. I do recall though some years ago Man Utd trying to sign Ronaldinho (hope that's how you spell it) from Paris St Germain. I think the fee was around 12 million quid, but they couldn't agree a fee, Barcelona stepped in and Ferguson went mad. It happens. As I've said a couple of times, all this "if it weren't for him we'd have signed this player and that player" would have a lot more credibility if players we tried to sign who turned out to be sh!t were included as well. We don't even include players we HAVE signed who turn out to be sh!t, we just blame the CEO instead :laugh:.

I remember us stealing Sissoko from under Everton's noses, it happens. Whether that was because Rafa had a relationship with the player or because Parry moved like lightening I've no idea (I must confess my money would be on the former though :D ) but it happens.

People are entitled to think Rafa should get his wishes written into his contract. People are entitled to think it's not a good idea. I don't get though the belief that all the bad signings were down to Parry, as were all the good players we missed out on. But the good signings were down to Rafa, and if you don't agree you're a fecking w@nker.

But who  has ever said anything like your last paragraph?
There is no doubt whatsoever that Parry has dragged his feat over Rafas top targets, Barry most recently.
No one has ever said all ghe good signings are down to Rafa and the bad to Parry, thats just nonsence.
IMO Rafa should have the freedom to work within a buget to sign who ever he feels can take us forward instead of having to wait on Parry
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:46 am

Rush Job wrote:

Rafa doesn't have control of the purse strings, thats the point.
Alves was just a demonstration of how Rafa had to miss out on a top target because of a couple mill, but hey ho we got Kuyt instead.

I don't think any manager has hold of the purse strings mate, the only difference between Rafa and a very few managers is that he isn't given a budget and carte blanche to spend it.   

All Managers have to work within a budget, whether that be as it appears in Rafa's case where he asks the board, or whether they say you have £20million to spend..... spend it wisely my son.

I still believe the problem is the non-working relationship between Parry and Rafa, rather than any inherent problem with the system. I don't agree with a system where there are no checks and balances on the manager for all the reasons given in previous posts, but its obvious that the system is not and cannot work when the two people involved can't seem to work together.

Rafa says that only the manager can decide whether to spend £4 million on 5 players, or £20million on one player. I accept that, but surely it is possible for the manager to explain his needs to his CEO?  This is where the system is falling down imo, lack of communication between Parry and Rafa (for whatever reason or who ever is at fault)

Maybe Rafa's demands are excessive and Parry is not communicating the true problems Liverpool have over finance, or maybe Rafa is making reasonable demands and is not making it clear where his priorities lie. Whichever is the case its time it was sorted out, because no matter who is at fault , the club is suffering as we appear to be losing out on good players.

One other point I think should be mentioned is that transfers nowerdays arnt the simple I will give you £5million for that player that they once were. Notice has to be taken of image rights , how buying a player from a certain location or of a certain nationality might be beneficial for broadening the clubs commercial interests etc etc. While these are of absolutely no interest to us they obviously have a direct influence on how much a player is worth to LFC.

Ie buying Barry from Villa would not greatly increase our Commercial interests in the Midlands, buying Keane might give an added bonus with sales in Ireland. How much is that worth to the club, and would a manager really be interested? He just wants the best player he can get, while the CEO has to look at all aspects of a transfer before a true value of the players worth can be assessed. Maybe Keane who cost a couple of million more than Barry would have, actually costs much less when you take the comercial side into account.

The mancs bought Park, just before they started a big push on Asian markets..... coincidence or strategic planning?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:58 am

Here is where I sit with it firsty, I wanted us to keep the attacking great football we played earlier in the season, but for some reason or other Rafa retreated into his old ways of boring cautious tactics.

We where predictable once again there seemed like no plan B and with no target man available them draws where something we have seen far to much of over the years.

But I know that we are better than that because we have seen it, maybe Sammy Lee had a word, I dont know but we are not still in the title race for no reason, unfotunatly more draws will be our downfall but funny enough I dont think we will get beat again this season or maybe just once.

But I do not want Rafa to leave under no certain terms I do believe he is the right man for the job, he has brought us back out of the dulldrums, we are a force in Europe no one wants to face us in the CL and we aint doing to bad in the prem either we are still in with a shout as much as Chelsea are.

To lose him would be a massive step back, you would have another squad overhaul something that would kill our chances for another 5 years.

Now is our chance to dominate for the next ten years or so as it goes in cycles, ginsoaks on his last legs, Arsenal are not what they used to be, Chelsea well Romans looking to sell his train set.

Its now our turn the yanks need to sort this situation out a.s.a.p. Unless ofcourse Rafa wants out himself then there is nothing we can do about it.

In my eyes there is no better man than the one we have at the helm now and should he leave it will be a HUGE mistake HUGE.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 am

I agree with most of your post Ciggy, I just get sick of the threats of him leaving. It can't help the players, and after last seasons disruptions with the owners the last thing we needed was this starting the whole ball rolling again.

There is no need imo to play out every problem and argument in the media and if we do have a prolonged bliiip he will take the blame for distracting the players focus whether infact he has or hasn't.

I honestly can't see what the urgency to sort his contract out is. He has 18 months still to run, and its not like with a footballer in his last year either. The only reason I can see for trying to force the issue now rather than at the end of the season is that we were top of the league ....... and we might not be come the end of the season. 

Surely if he has confidence in the team he realises that IF we win the league he will get a much better contract...... ffs he will be able to write it himself if he brings home the league.

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 am

s@int wrote:I agree with most of your post Ciggy, I just get sick of the threats of him leaving. It can't help the players, and after last seasons disruptions with the owners the last thing we needed was this starting the whole ball rolling again.

There is no need imo to play out every problem and argument in the media and if we do have a prolonged bliiip he will take the blame for distracting the players focus whether infact he has or hasn't.

I honestly can't see what the urgency to sort his contract out is. He has 18 months still to run, and its not like with a footballer in his last year either. The only reason I can see for trying to force the issue now rather than at the end of the season is that we were top of the league ....... and we might not be come the end of the season. 

Surely if he has confidence in the team he realises that IF we win the league he will get a much better contract...... ffs he will be able to write it himself if he brings home the league.

There is one thing niggeling me, and it might just be me being paranoid but its a niggle all the same, its Real Madrid with Ramos only in the job till the summer and Calderon gone.
Is Rafa looking for a way out to go there?

You just dont know and anything can happen in football escpecially these days there is no loyalty anymore and it wouldnt even come as a shock if it did happen.

This is whats bothering me.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:52 am

Ciggy wrote:
s@int wrote:I agree with most of your post Ciggy, I just get sick of the threats of him leaving. It can't help the players, and after last seasons disruptions with the owners the last thing we needed was this starting the whole ball rolling again.

There is one thing niggeling me, and it might just be me being paranoid but its a niggle all the same, its Real Madrid with Ramos only in the job till the summer and Calderon gone.

You just dont know and anything can happen in football escpecially these days there is no loyalty anymore and it wouldnt even come as a shock if it did happen.

I would not be shocked if Rafa did not use the threat of Real Madrid in his contract talks.

If there one thing we know about Rafa is that he seems to like his blackmail, Things like if i go all the players will go with me. If you dont give me total control then i will leave.

Ciggy whats bothering me is yet again just before a big game Rafa is talking about somthing other than the game and taking the players minds off of it.

self destruct? not sure but i feel if all this was not done in front of the press.....not the first time its happend.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:57 am

Ciggy wrote:

I really don't think so Ciggy. I think he may use Real Madrid as a threat to get what he wants here, but I can't see him wanting to go there at the moment. Its like a circus, and the guarantees he would need before he would take on a job like that would be enormous.

and if you think we have problems ..... they are ten times worse at Madrid. I would think he would be more likely to go to Milan if Maureen takes the Citeh job than Madrid.

I don't think he would be asking for a new contract if he wanted to leave, that doesn't mean he won't leave if he doesn't get what he wants though.

Postby Judge » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:58 am

a bit strong lakes

rafa likes his blackmail?? thats total bollox mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion