Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right? Managers at those clubs have carte blanch over football matters, as does Ferguson at OT. A top class manager should NEVER have to listen to a chairman who knows sweet d*ck all about footballing matters ever. All they have to do is nod their heads and cough up the coin and let the man get on with what he was employed to do.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right?  :D

That's b0llocks mate, I havent worked as a top tier manager but I know that at both Milan and Barcelona that the managers (or COACHES AS THEY ARE KNOWN) do not have the control over transfers.

No, but you know that they should have absolute control over the footballing matters rather than incompetent CEO's who haven't a clue. You've been supporting us long enough S@int to know Parry and co. have been f*cking us over for years when it comes to important transfer deals. You only need to look at Mourinho's case at Chelsea and the Shevshenko debacle. I know that in Spain it is mostly the fans that have the say, whereas Italian football has taken a slump due to corrupt boards. I think Rafa is right in what he wants, mate. Not bollox at all.

But thats not what you said is it mate  :D

I don't agree with you anyway Emerald, I think Parry should go, but I still believe it would be in LIVERPOOL's best interest to still have checks and balances over transfers with someone like Dalglish with the final say.

TBH I am getting sick and tired of Rafa threatening to take his ball home every time he has a problem (even when he gets "friends" to do it on his behalf) FFS could you ever imagine Paisley OR ANY of our previous managers disrupting the season like this, arguing over their personal contracts. Paisley had never even HAD a contract in all the years he had been at Liverpool until he had been the manager for a while. 

Rafa is in bed with Hicks in my opinion, they are trying to apply pressure to get Parry out, so Hicks can take over the board room and control of the club. While I want to see Parry out, I do NOT want to see Hicks in total control of the club.

Those are my thoughts on this LATEST distraction from our season.
account deleted by request

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Number 9 wrote:I dunno if we should be worried!
But I will say this.As much as Rafa loves LFC I think he'll walk if he does'nt get what he wants.
He's not exactly gonna be short of offers!

Barry this is his 3rd contract offer, and going public yesterday the way he done is to use the fans against them pair of pr!icks again, now even though I think a lot of the man its not fair for us to be brought into something we cant help him with.
We support the club because of the football we should not be worrying about boardroom struggles, I have never in my life known anything like it .

It really is p!ssing me off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:19 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Number 9 wrote:I dunno if we should be worried!
But I will say this.As much as Rafa loves LFC I think he'll walk if he does'nt get what he wants.
He's not exactly gonna be short of offers!

Barry this is his 3rd contract offer, and going public yesterday the way he done is to use the fans against them pair of pr!icks again, now even though I think a lot of the man its not fair for us to be brought into something we cant help him with.
We support the club because of the football we should not be worrying about boardroom struggles, I have never in my life known anything like it .

It really is p!ssing me off.

You reckon he should keep it all behind closed doors?
I dont agree mate if thats what you mean.
I think we deserve to know whats going on.While its Parry there I think Rafa is right in asking for what he wants because Parrys an eejit.

Im starting to think now though that the Yanks will use Rafas stubborness against him,knowing he very may well walk not getting what he wants as he done before.I really dont think they want him here,but they dont want to provoke anger in fans by showing it after the Klinsman debacle proved a rod for their backs from a fans perspective.
If they stick to their guns and he walks they dont look as bad as if they sack him as hes left of his own choice.
Whatever way ya look at it theres too much polotics at the club and has been since those two kunts have been here!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:21 pm

There's no real reason which I can see to bring the negotiations into the public eye in the first place. In all honesty it's all a total load of nonsense anyway. Even if we put into the contract that yes from now on Rafa can buy as many Dossena's as he wants, when it actually comes down to it next season if the board or CEO don't fancy a player, they'll just say we can't afford it. Total load of nonsense the whole thing. If the manager was to walk over such an issue, then to my mind feck him he can go.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Number 9 wrote:You reckon he should keep it all behind closed doors?

Yes for now, us fans cant do anything about his contract its impossible you know I hate twit & tw@t with a passion and want them gone a.s.a.p.

But they have kept their end of the bargain this season and stayed out of the media, and Rafa has had us the talk of the media with the Fergie rant and now this, I wish he would just get his health in order first and foremost he has a wife and two young girls to think about.

And secondly concentrate on the team.

I want to hear good things about Liverpool like them winning tropheys, playing great football not all this sh!te.

The derby is one of my favourite games and usually I cant wait to beat the bitters, but quite frankly at this momment in time I couldnt give a sh!t because once again the focus has gone from the football to the boardroom once again.

Its not fair on us or the players.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:34 pm

I'm leaning this way as well.  Two weeks in a row now Rafa's held a press conference that distracts from and potentially hinders our performances on the pitch.  It just gives the distinct impression that we don't have our eye on the ball.  Let's hope that's not the case with the lads on the pitch come Monday or we could find ourselves fading away sharpish.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 am

Bad Bob wrote:I'm leaning this way as well.  Two weeks in a row now Rafa's held a press conference that distracts from and potentially hinders our performances on the pitch.  It just gives the distinct impression that we don't have our eye on the ball.  Let's hope that's not the case with the lads on the pitch come Monday or we could find ourselves fading away sharpish.

And even the strong support rafa has fading with it. This should be left until the end of the season, meanwhile, concentrating on football matters.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:25 am

Well hopefully it won't affect the players on Monday night. Rafa was obviously trying to get some attention and it worked. Lets hope it doesn't backfire on him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:39 am

Alex G. wrote:I don´t think Rafa wants to be at City. He loves Liverpool and wants to win the league for us before going anywhere.

Whatever way you look at it you have a Man United crest in your sig - not good

Last edited by Dundalk on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:43 am

Dundalk wrote:
Alex G. wrote:I don´t think Rafa wants to be at City. He loves Liverpool and wants to win the league for us before going anywhere.

Whatever way you look at it you have a Man United crest in your sig - not good

And alex kunthooks ferguson! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:44 am

Dundalk wrote:Whatever way you look at it you have a Man United crest in your sig - not good

anno what a div.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 am

bigmick wrote:There's no real reason which I can see to bring the negotiations into the public eye in the first place. In all honesty it's all a total load of nonsense anyway. Even if we put into the contract that yes from now on Rafa can buy as many Dossena's as he wants, when it actually comes down to it next season if the board or CEO don't fancy a player, they'll just say we can't afford it. Total load of nonsense the whole thing. If the manager was to walk over such an issue, then to my mind feck him he can go.

Thats just one of the issues.

He also wants control over the Academy.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:03 am

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right? Managers at those clubs have carte blanch over football matters, as does Ferguson at OT. A top class manager should NEVER have to listen to a chairman who knows sweet d*ck all about footballing matters ever. All they have to do is nod their heads and cough up the coin and let the man get on with what he was employed to do.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right?  :D

That's b0llocks mate, I havent worked as a top tier manager but I know that at both Milan and Barcelona that the managers (or COACHES AS THEY ARE KNOWN) do not have the control over transfers.

No, but you know that they should have absolute control over the footballing matters rather than incompetent CEO's who haven't a clue. You've been supporting us long enough S@int to know Parry and co. have been f*cking us over for years when it comes to important transfer deals. You only need to look at Mourinho's case at Chelsea and the Shevshenko debacle. I know that in Spain it is mostly the fans that have the say, whereas Italian football has taken a slump due to corrupt boards. I think Rafa is right in what he wants, mate. Not bollox at all.

But thats not what you said is it mate  :D

I don't agree with you anyway Emerald, I think Parry should go, but I still believe it would be in LIVERPOOL's best interest to still have checks and balances over transfers with someone like Dalglish with the final say.

TBH I am getting sick and tired of Rafa threatening to take his ball home every time he has a problem (even when he gets "friends" to do it on his behalf) FFS could you ever imagine Paisley OR ANY of our previous managers disrupting the season like this, arguing over their personal contracts. Paisley had never even HAD a contract in all the years he had been at Liverpool until he had been the manager for a while. 

Rafa is in bed with Hicks in my opinion, they are trying to apply pressure to get Parry out, so Hicks can take over the board room and control of the club. While I want to see Parry out, I do NOT want to see Hicks in total control of the club.

Those are my thoughts on this LATEST distraction from our season.

Fair enough, S@int. But could you honestly see Mourinho coming in and being a 'yes' man also? It's one thing having someone like Dalglish, who has the club at heart, having the final word on signings. I'd have no qualms with that, and you're absolutely right. But to have Parry, Hicks and GG having the final word, well, that's a worry IMO. Always has been. I'd rather have Rafa get his way and see if he really can transform our club with more influence over footballing matters, than have Coco the clown and two American d*ckheads be in total control. I disagree with what you said about Rafa being in bed with Hicks at the moment. Hicks and GG simply don't have a clue about running a football club. I think if anything else, they are more worried about Rafa leaving, which would leave them two scrambling about to try and find a better replacement, which IMO at the moment, there is none. You could imagine a scenario where they'd have to replace Benitez with a second rate manager, watch the performances drop, our CL form dwindle, and have the value of the club dip as a result. I think Benitez knows he has Hicks under his thumb and he's playing on it. It is perhaps arrogance on his behalf and it could backfire in his face, but time will tell. I think Rafa will get what he wants. But people, especially certain fans, should be careful what they wish for. Benitez walking over something like this would be a disaster for this club IMO.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:04 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:There's no real reason which I can see to bring the negotiations into the public eye in the first place. In all honesty it's all a total load of nonsense anyway. Even if we put into the contract that yes from now on Rafa can buy as many Dossena's as he wants, when it actually comes down to it next season if the board or CEO don't fancy a player, they'll just say we can't afford it. Total load of nonsense the whole thing. If the manager was to walk over such an issue, then to my mind feck him he can go.

I don't agree with Rafa having control of the academy either mate, I don't think someone like Parry should be in charge, but neither do I think the manager should be either. Which again is where I see someone like Dalglish could play an important role.

Certainly something needs to be done as the present system with Rafa and the Academy at loggerheads can only be damaging.

I was reading about the top 50 "young prospects" the other day, not one from Liverpool made the list (2 from Everton).
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:08 am

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

I don't agree with Rafa having control of the accademy either mate, I don't think someone like Parry should be in charge, but neither do I think the manager should be either. Which again is where I see someone like Dalglish could play an important role.

Certainly something needs to be done as the present system with Rafa and the Accademy at loggerheads can only be damaging.

I was reading about the top 50 "young prospects" the other day, not one from Liverpool made the list (2 from Everton).

Get your head out of your @rse lad.

Dalglish IS NOT the answer to every conundrum at this club.

Time to get with the program.

PH wrote:Our Academy is not producing. Whether the talent is out there or not is another matter but what is clear is that the system needs to change and I would give Rafa the chance to do it.

He learnt his trade at Real Madrid as a coach and their youth system has produced numerous players over the years who have played in top flight and someone who is close to the situation recently told me over 140.

Our system has produced precious little approx 40 professionals over the years and most of them in the lower divisions. Our most recent appointment 2007 was Piet Hamberg who I am led to believe was a Parry appointment/recommendation. Since then most insiders feel it has gone from bad to worse, so why not let someone who knows a little bit about football sort it out rather than beauracrats and accountants.

What I keep on hearing is that the Academy always seems to have a very promising Under 14's and this goes on year after year but they never progress. Even the ones who do make it to Melwood are either injury prone due to their lack of fitness or lack that extra competitive edge to break through.

Real Madrid have several fitness coaches for their set up one for every two age groups and we only have one for the whole academy. Its no use people saying Rafa doesn't give the local youngsters a chance he just doesn't think they are good enough, but with UEFA quotas on the horizon don't you think he would welcome a Gerrard or a Carragher.

I remember being encouraged when Darby,Spearing and Kelly came on against PSV but whether they will become regulars only time will tell. I know from personal experience that two really promising lads moved from Liverpool to Everton a couple of years ago when they were Under 12's and are now outstanding prospects at Under 14 level.

Something is wrong and it needs sorting now and not by accountants!
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion