Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:Ace I'm impressed, you're only here on a wind up yet you've posted over 1000 times, that is true deidcation.  :D

Just kidding you are one of the few sane people in this crazy asylum.

I find it fecking hillarious how some people keep harping on about the old Liverpool way of keeping things behind closed doors yet have nothing but support for Rafa constantly washing his dirty linen in public and running everthing via the press conferences. The guy is an embarssment and I actually hope he does feck off at the end of the season, I am so sick of this sh1t now, apart from a few rare occassions I would say our football this season has actually been of a worse standard than last year. Yes I know we are first and I can't quite figure that out either but I have this horrible feeling that it will all begin to crumble now and we'll end up fighting for 4th come the end of the season.
I so hope I'm wrong but it's a feling which keeps groing day by day and match by match, if we don't get a win on Monday then I think the strom clouds will well and truly start to descend.

So who do you want to replace him then? ???

Throw the names out?

Maureen would be my first choice, also Hiddink would be a good choice. Not sure who else would be available, not necessarily even saying that those two would be, anyway why don't you try responding to one of my posts with an answer instead of a question. Do you like the way Rafa washes his dirty linen in public and makes the club constantly look like a joke to the press and general public.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Simari wrote:The point Rafa is making is that when he targets his PRIMARY targets, he wants the club to land them for money he feels is reasonable to pay for them.

This is where we have come unstuck in the transfer markets.

When Wenger or Fergie says they absolutely want someone at the price being suggested by the seller (or close thereabouts), the club's hireachy backs them to bill.

There is always a place for someone like Parry (maybe not him), to finalise details of contracts, ensure there are no hidden clauses etc etc etc... That sort of stuff I'm sure Rafa does not want to be in control of.

That satement would be so much truer if Rafa hadn't been able to buy Torres, Mascha, Keane etc. Al very expensive signings, in what way were the board not behind him in those signings?
No manager ever gets all the players he wants, if you think they do, you are in cloud cookoo land.
heimdall

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:51 pm

heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:Ace I'm impressed, you're only here on a wind up yet you've posted over 1000 times, that is true deidcation.  :D

I find it fecking hillarious how some people keep harping on about the old Liverpool way of keeping things behind closed doors yet have nothing but support for Rafa constantly washing his dirty linen in public and running everthing via the press conferences. The guy is an embarssment and I actually hope he does feck off at the end of the season, I am so sick of this sh1t now, apart from a few rare occassions I would say our football this season has actually been of a worse standard than last year. Yes I know we are first and I can't quite figure that out either but I have this horrible feeling that it will all begin to crumble now and we'll end up fighting for 4th come the end of the season.
I so hope I'm wrong but it's a feling which keeps groing day by day and match by match, if we don't get a win on Monday then I think the strom clouds will well and truly start to descend.

Throw the names out?

Maureen would be my first choice, also Hiddink would be a good choice. Not sure who else would be available, not necessarily even saying that those two would be, anyway why don't you try responding to one of my posts with an answer instead of a question. Do you like the way Rafa washes his dirty linen in public and makes the club constantly look like a joke to the press and general public.

What do you mean washes his dirty linen in public?..tell me when and where and about what situation and then I will be able to try and answer!

Sorry that was another question! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Throw the names out?

What do you mean washes his dirty linen in public?..tell me when and where and about what situation and then I will be able to try and answer!

erm how many references has he made to his personal contract negotiations, he even mentioned it when he was having his rant at Fergie ffs!
You have to admit that Rafa has been way more "open" to the press about these issues than any other Liverpool manager but I guess its ok for him to do it becuase he's our manager and we must blindly follow him, all I can say to you is baaahhhh.
heimdall

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 pm

heimdall wrote:
Alex G. wrote:Who is Parry to refuse the manager one signing in sportive terms? Why he thought we didn´t need Gareth Barry?
Does he know more about football than the manager? Does he know more about the needs of the team than the manager?.

Parry only wants to keep his quota of power in the club.

and he does this by blocking the Barry transfer, please explain that one to me. I suppose he tried to block Torres and Mascha as well did he. I certainly wish he'd blocked Dossena.

Seriously I can't quite believe that Parry is sitting there and actively bocking what Rafa wants, that would be too stupid and what would be the point? I mean everyone associated with the club want success it's just that some people want to be dictators, there isn't perhaps some family tree link between Rafa and Franco is there?  :D

Yes, I would have liked to block Dossena´s transfer too, but I´m not the manager and I am NOBODY to say "No" to the manager in sportive terms (not economical terms), because Benitez Knows 100 more times about football than I do (and Parry).

Parry blocked not only the signing of Barry but many more as Vidic, Malouda, etc..

Benitez doesn´t want to be a dictator, just wanna have the total control in sportive terms.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:57 pm

heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Throw the names out?

erm how many references has he made to his personal contract negotiations, he even mentioned it when he was having his rant at Fergie ffs!
You have to admit that Rafa has been way more "open" to the press about these issues than any other Liverpool manager but I guess its ok for him to do it becuase he's our manager and we must blindly follow him, all I can say to you is baaahhhh.

But thats where we differ..I dont see that as "washing his dirty linen in public"

I see that as a manager talking to the fans and understanding that they want to,and have a right to know whats going on at a club they care about passionately!

What other examples have we?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 pm

heimdall wrote:
Simari wrote:The point Rafa is making is that when he targets his PRIMARY targets, he wants the club to land them for money he feels is reasonable to pay for them.

When Wenger or Fergie says they absolutely want someone at the price being suggested by the seller (or close thereabouts), the club's hireachy backs them to bill.

There is always a place for someone like Parry (maybe not him), to finalise details of contracts, ensure there are no hidden clauses etc etc etc... That sort of stuff I'm sure Rafa does not want to be in control of.

That satement would be so much truer if Rafa hadn't been able to buy Torres, Mascha, Keane etc. Al very expensive signings, in what way were the board not behind him in those signings?
No manager ever gets all the players he wants, if you think they do, you are in cloud cookoo land.

When was the last time that Fergie was refused his PRIMARY target?
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Throw the names out?

But thats where we differ..I dont see that as "washing his dirty linen in public"

I see that as a manager talking to the fans and understanding that they want to,and have a right to know whats going on at a club they care about passionately!

What other examples have we?

"washing his dirty linen in public"? The journalist ask about the contract negotiations and he just answers.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Simari wrote:
heimdall wrote:

Fergie has the ABSOLUT TOTAL control in sportive terms and if anyone in the club dares to argue him...
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Simari » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:07 pm

[Arggh double post, forum ate the first]

heimdall wrote:

The reason top teams are where they are is because of the transfer policies when it comes to backing their manager around key players.

And please don't mis-interpret this as saying that we would have been far better off if we signed Barry. That is not the point of this conversation.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:10 pm

Simari wrote:[Arggh double post, forum ate the first]

heimdall wrote:

The reason top teams are where they are is because of the transfer policies when it comes to backing their manager around key players.

And please don't mis-interpret this as saying that we would have been far better off if we signed Barry. That is not the point of this conversation.

when was the last time? dunno, they keep in house.

Yet again we are 100% behind Benitez but his timing is as awful as it could be but it's been blown out of all proportion. Let's just wait and see what happens. He still has 18 months left so just some london trash reporters trying to cause unrest
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:21 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:good... hope he doesnt sign jack sht until the end of the season...
if we end up winning the league then okay... give him a new contract under his conditions..etc etc
if not, he can fck right off to madrid or mancity or whatever where he'll be nowhere near the transfer dealings imo.. anyone with half a brain wouldnt trust him with 10pounds never mind a multimillion transfer budget... im with the owners on this one for now

:no

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

yea im an everton fan and im only here for the wind up

:kungfu:

Ya dont say!

99% of fans want Rafa to get a contract on his terms
99% want Pennant out rather than milk the club

ace does'nt!

I believe you! :nod

I honestly don't believe that giving Rafa "what he wants" would be to the benefit of the club Barry. Ferguson and Wenger both have to live with the same restrictions Rafa does, the only difference being they have a WORKING RELATIONSHIP while Rafa doesn't.

As I said before we need to either move Parry sideways or move him out, bring in someone like Dalglish who knows football, knows players and knows how to get things done.

The big problem with moving Parry out is it would give Hicks control of the boardroom. Hicks knows this, as does Rafa which is why they are doing this NOW. This is not a "quest for power" by Rafa, imo this is so that Hicks can gain control of the club.

No manager, or none that I am aware of doesn't have to answer to a boardroom or owner or President or CEO before spending multi-millions of pounds. Why should Rafa need to be different? The answer is that he isn't getting the required level of support from Parry.

The real question is WHY is he not getting the required level of support.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:46 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:good... hope he doesnt sign jack sht until the end of the season...
if we end up winning the league then okay... give him a new contract under his conditions..etc etc
if not, he can fck right off to madrid or mancity or whatever where he'll be nowhere near the transfer dealings imo.. anyone with half a brain wouldnt trust him with 10pounds never mind a multimillion transfer budget... im with the owners on this one for now

:no

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

yea im an everton fan and im only here for the wind up

:kungfu:

Ya dont say!

99% of fans want Rafa to get a contract on his terms
99% want Pennant out rather than milk the club

ace does'nt!

I believe you! :nod

I honestly don't believe that giving Rafa "what he wants" would be to the benefit of the club Barry. Ferguson and Wenger both have to live with the same restrictions Rafa does, the only difference being they have a WORKING RELATIONSHIP while Rafa doesn't.

As I said before we need to either move Parry sideways or move him out, bring in someone like Dalglish who knows football, knows players and knows how to get things done.

The big problem with moving Parry out is it would give Hicks control of the boardroom. Hicks knows this, as does Rafa which is why they are doing this NOW. This is not a "quest for power" by Rafa, imo this is so that Hicks can gain control of the club.

No manager, or none that I am aware of doesn't have to answer to a boardroom or owner or President or CEO before spending multi-millions of pounds. Why should Rafa need to be different? The answer is that he isn't getting the required level of support from Parry.

The real question is WHY is he not getting the required level of support.

Saint I would'nt have a problem if a legend and a football man like Kenny Dalglish had a say in transfers!
But the way it is at the minute we are stuck with Parry and he's an idiot.
While Parry is at the club I would prefer the manager to have total control of who he signs and does'nt!

I'd LOVE to see Dalglish in a powerful position at LFC.I read a lot of what he writes and agree with everything he says.He's red to the bone.To have him at LFC could only benefit the club IMO!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:57 pm

Simari wrote:Unless the owners sell the club to the Arabs.

That ship has sailed.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Simari wrote:Unless the owners sell the club to the Arabs.

That ship has sailed.

More like sank Bav  :D
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion