Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Fair play to Rafa for spelling out what he wants,  if he's gonna commit himself to a longer term with us he requires greater control, support and trust from those holding the purse strings in order to achieve his aims. Rafa wants to be the manager in the truest sense of the word and not just a glorified coach.

This whole situation echoes his famous statement (at Valencia) " I wanted a sofa and they gave me a lamp" , after which Rafa decided he couldn't take the club any further. Not suprisingly one of Europes most successful managers has now decided enough is enough and its "choose me or lose me" time. Personally thinking although he sometimes drives me nuts with his team selections and some of his signings have been less than impressive there's no doubt he's restored LFC on the world football stage and I believe there's a lot more to come with Rafa still at the helm, hopefully the board will agree.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Support Rafa. but as usual his timing could not be worse. Seems he enjoys the club being in a state of unrest before important games...
and should he hold all the cards when it comes to all finances? I dunno enough about football policies and money to answer, but fair play to him.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:54 pm

New contract at the end of the season , he hasn't earned anything , we've won nothing last season and this season could be the same . Rafa decisions baffle me at time , trust me if he was at chelsea or manure he would have been sacked long ago . He's a cracking manager but at times he's his own self destruct button . So if we challenge this season than yes give him a contract with his terms and conditions because than he would have earned it .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:good... hope he doesnt sign jack sht until the end of the season...
if we end up winning the league then okay... give him a new contract under his conditions..etc etc
if not, he can fck right off to madrid or mancity or whatever where he'll be nowhere near the transfer dealings imo.. anyone with half a brain wouldnt trust him with 10pounds never mind a multimillion transfer budget... im with the owners on this one for now

:no

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

yea im an everton fan and im only here for the wind up

:kungfu:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:09 pm

aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
if we end up winning the league then okay... give him a new contract under his conditions..etc etc
if not, he can fck right off to madrid or mancity or whatever where he'll be nowhere near the transfer dealings imo.. anyone with half a brain wouldnt trust him with 10pounds never mind a multimillion transfer budget... im with the owners on this one for now

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

Thought as much.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:11 pm

aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

Ya dont say!

99% of fans want Rafa to get a contract on his terms
99% want Pennant out rather than milk the club

ace does'nt!

I believe you! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:13 pm

these matters should be sorted during the close season :D  not during our biggest season for nearly twenty years, this is a distraction we could do without.

tell you one thing im getting sick and tired of all this bull$hit, we dont have to worry whether or not fergie will try his mind games on Rafa because where doing a better job of it ourselves, all parties need to shut the fook up and get on with winning the league
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:18 pm

john craig wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

Thought as much.

yea wouldnt be surprised...

wwait i know how to change ur mind:

- Rafa is the best manager in the world... support the manager FFS.. give him a 10 year contract, we'r improving and it took ferguson 27 years to win the title, lets give him time  !

- kuyt is underrated, support ur players ffs ! hes the best rihtwinger/striker in the league... kuyt=berbatov.. end of !

- carragher = carvalho, alonso>scholes, and agger is worth 15mill atleast !

take them off ffs !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

With the owners are we??

True colours showing now

Ya dont say!

99% of fans want Rafa to get a contract on his terms
99% want Pennant out rather than milk the club

ace does'nt!

I believe you! :nod

yea and i dont give a fck what u believe or dont...

i think benitez has fckd up yet and again in the transfer market, in team selections, subs, rotation, handling the media..etc etc and it has cost us dear yet and again.. hes a good coach.. if he can improve certain aspects he can prove to be a great one... id give him till the end of the season .. if he keeps making the same mistakes then theres not much point of sticking with him imo... its the same mistakes EVERY SEASON NOW... if hes not going to change his ways then we'll never win the league under him... we keep dropping points every season in the same fashion... and the manager is to blame in most cases..

check the pennant thread for pennant thread im not going there again...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:36 pm

Who is Parry to refuse the manager one signing in sportive terms? Why he thought we didn´t need Gareth Barry?
Does he know more about football than the manager? Does he know more about the needs of the team than the manager?.

Parry only wants to keep his quota of power in the club.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:38 pm

to give him 100% control of all monetary issues is al ot to ask tho.. more dirty washing methinks
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Ace I'm impressed, you're only here on a wind up yet you've posted over 1000 times, that is true deidcation.  :D

Just kidding you are one of the few sane people in this crazy asylum.

I find it fecking hillarious how some people keep harping on about the old Liverpool way of keeping things behind closed doors yet have nothing but support for Rafa constantly washing his dirty linen in public and running everthing via the press conferences. The guy is an embarssment and I actually hope he does feck off at the end of the season, I am so sick of this sh1t now, apart from a few rare occassions I would say our football this season has actually been of a worse standard than last year. Yes I know we are first and I can't quite figure that out either but I have this horrible feeling that it will all begin to crumble now and we'll end up fighting for 4th come the end of the season.
I so hope I'm wrong but it's a feling which keeps groing day by day and match by match, if we don't get a win on Monday then I think the strom clouds will well and truly start to descend.
heimdall

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:41 pm

heimdall wrote:Ace I'm impressed, you're only here on a wind up yet you've posted over 1000 times, that is true deidcation.  :D

Just kidding you are one of the few sane people in this crazy asylum.

I find it fecking hillarious how some people keep harping on about the old Liverpool way of keeping things behind closed doors yet have nothing but support for Rafa constantly washing his dirty linen in public and running everthing via the press conferences. The guy is an embarssment and I actually hope he does feck off at the end of the season, I am so sick of this sh1t now, apart from a few rare occassions I would say our football this season has actually been of a worse standard than last year. Yes I know we are first and I can't quite figure that out either but I have this horrible feeling that it will all begin to crumble now and we'll end up fighting for 4th come the end of the season.
I so hope I'm wrong but it's a feling which keeps groing day by day and match by match, if we don't get a win on Monday then I think the strom clouds will well and truly start to descend.

So who do you want to replace him then? ???

Throw the names out?
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:45 pm

Alex G. wrote:Who is Parry to refuse the manager one signing in sportive terms? Why he thought we didn´t need Gareth Barry?
Does he know more about football than the manager? Does he know more about the needs of the team than the manager?.

Parry only wants to keep his quota of power in the club.

and he does this by blocking the Barry transfer, please explain that one to me. I suppose he tried to block Torres and Mascha as well did he. I certainly wish he'd blocked Dossena.

Seriously I can't quite believe that Parry is sitting there and actively bocking what Rafa wants, that would be too stupid and what would be the point? I mean everyone associated with the club want success it's just that some people want to be dictators, there isn't perhaps some family tree link between Rafa and Franco is there?  :D
heimdall

Postby Simari » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:47 pm

The point Rafa is making is that when he targets his PRIMARY targets, he wants the club to land them for money he feels is reasonable to pay for them.

This is where we have come unstuck in the transfer markets.

When Wenger or Fergie says they absolutely want someone at the price being suggested by the seller (or close thereabouts), the club's hireachy backs them to bill.

There is always a place for someone like Parry (maybe not him), to finalise details of contracts, ensure there are no hidden clauses etc etc etc... That sort of stuff I'm sure Rafa does not want to be in control of.

It does seem to me though that Rafa won't be around in the near future. The problem is this - Hicks has no respect whatsoever for Parry, he's already made that clear in the saga from last year. However, Parry is STILL around (largely due to Gillett I think). And Parry has no intention of stepping down at any point.

With the split between Hicks, Gillett and Parry - there is no way that Rafa could get what he wants.

Unless the owners sell the club to the Arabs.
Simari
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion