Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:43 pm

heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

THE CEO IS IN CHARGE OF WRITING THE BLOODY CHECKS! AND NOT JUDGE PLAYERS!

THE MANAGER AND THE SCOUTS JUDGE WHICH PLAYERS THEY SHOULD GET, NOT THE CEO, AND FRANKLY PARRY IS DOING THE SCOUTING JOB FOR RAFA BY REJECTING THE IDEA OF BUYING BARRY LAST SUMMER.
Last edited by metalhead on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Here it continues begins....... :glare:

These two have next to no chance of coming out of all this at the end of the day with any credibility let alone a clear conscience. Lose a manager of Rafa Benitez' calibre over their own inflated f*ckin' egos?....we might as well acknowledge they've half killed the club already, the writings on the wall. Who knows how much damage is to be left in their selfless and incompetant wake when they finally walk away with a fat profit.

You could honestly f*ckin weep.

Stick in there Rafa - (though i wouldn't blame you for doing one)  :(

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 pm

metalhead wrote:
heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

THE MANAGER AND THE SCOUTS JUDGE WHICH PLAYERS THEY SHOULD GET, NOT THE CEO, AND FRANKLY PARRY IS DOING THE SCOUTING JOB FOR RAFA BY REJECTING THE IDEA OF BUYING BARRY LAST SUMMER.

Turn the caps lock off dude!!

Rafa spent £40 million this summer and has consistently been given a lot of money to spend on transfers so I don't see what the problem is? By and large he is given the funds to sign the players he wants. the Barry thing was never going to happen and Rafa was being made to look like an idiot by O'Neill.

Out of the £40 million spent in the summer only Riera looks like a good singing, in Rafa's mind, as he doesn't play any of the others! So you want to give him more power do you.  :no
heimdall

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Scottbot wrote:

What makes Rick Parry as qualified as judge whether a player is worth this or that amount of money?

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Parry knows nothing about transfers FFS. He allowed the signings of Dossena for 7 million quid and a striker for 20 million who doesn't get into the team so at the very least we should get somebody in to oversee Rafa who's got a clue. I'm not sure though that I'd necessarily go with the idea of giving the manager complete and total control over the whole thing given his recent record. Every other club it seems to me has a CEO, and every other clubs manager (with the possible exception of Mark Hughes) has to work within a budget, so I think it's probably best we do the same.

At the end of the day, we did spend 40 million quid in the Summer which is quite a lot by anyones standards.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Judge wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

What makes Rick Parry as qualified as judge whether a player is worth this or that amount of money?

:D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Judge » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

seriously though, i hope this rejection doesnt open the floodgates for foreign clubs to try and snatch rafa :(
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 pm

Coco decided not to let us have billionair owners DIC just so he could keep his job.
kaka could have been playing for us only greedy @rse Moores and Parry picked two clueless gobsh!tes to run the club instead.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:52 pm

sorry heimdall... :D

so why do you think the Barry thing didn't happen? is it because Parry said in a statement that he doesn't value Barry? so isn't he judging a player there? its not his job.

He was given funds yes, and we missed over 2 or 3 quality players over there because of Parry's stupidity and our slow movement in the transfer market. Vidic, Alves? ring any bells? now Barry?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 pm

heimdall wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Turn the caps lock off dude!!

Rafa spent £40 million this summer and has consistently been given a lot of money to spend on transfers so I don't see what the problem is? By and large he is given the funds to sign the players he wants. the Barry thing was never going to happen and Rafa was being made to look like an idiot by O'Neill.

Out of the £40 million spent in the summer only Riera looks like a good singing, in Rafa's mind, as he doesn't play any of the others! So you want to give him more power do you.  :no

And rafa has also been let down by his ceo when going for players he really wanted and not the second choices he has ended up with on a number of occasions . As MH said - parry shoould sign the cheques draw up the paperwork and thats it - leave everything else to rafa - if we loose rafa to this then there will be an outcry and at present the owners and parry are just getting worse . Rafa knows more about the players in his little finger than parry could ever dream of knowing , he should of full control over who he buys and what players come in .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 pm

bigmick wrote:Parry knows nothing about transfers FFS. He allowed the signings of Dossena for 7 million quid and a striker for 20 million who doesn't get into the team so at the very least we should get somebody in to oversee Rafa who's got a clue. I'm not sure though that I'd necessarily go with the idea of giving the manager complete and total control over the whole thing given his recent record. Every other club it seems to me has a CEO, and every other clubs manager (with the possible exception of Mark Hughes) has to work within a budget, so I think it's probably best we do the same.

We really need that sarcasm smilie.

bigmick wrote:At the end of the day, we did spend 40 million quid in the Summer which is quite a lot by anyones standards.

Not by Chelsea and United standards, the teams we are supposed to be competing with domestically.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:56 pm

No deal: Stunner as Rafa Benitez rejects Anfield contract offer - Liverpool FC latest
JAN 16 2009 BY TONY BARRETT, LIVERPOOL ECHO

RAFA Benitez has rejected Liverpool’s contract offer.

The Reds boss today told the ECHO it was “with great regret” that he has declined the proposal but feels he has no other option.

Benitez says he has no complaints with the financial terms of the deal on the table, nor the length of the proposed contract with these elements having been agreed by all parties last month.

The Spaniard is adamant he has no quarrel with Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, insisting recent talks have never been anything but amicable. But he feels the conditions of the contract would not allow him to manage football matters at the club to the best of his abilities.

As revealed in the ECHO on December 19, the sticking point throughout the negotiations has been what Benitez terms his “role and responsibilities”, with the Liverpool manager keen to have a bigger say in the running of the club’s academy and an increased influence over transfers. This request has been turned down by Hicks and Gillett, resulting in Benitez rejecting their offer.

“My relationship with the owners is better than people think,” he insisted. “I have regular contact with them and especially with Tom Hicks who has always been very supportive.

“The talks between my agent and the advisers of the owners have been very positive and friendly and our differences are about my responsibilities.

“The owners feel that the manager’s decisions need to be subject to the chief executive but I know that I am subject to results and to our fans and they are the best judges I will ever have.

“I have a lot of experience in football at different clubs and if you do not have a technical director and you are the manager you have to have control of the football decisions. But always within the confines of a budget which is controlled by the owners and the club.

“In this scenario the manager knows the amount money he has available to him and can decide how much he should spend on each player according to the needs of the team.
“The only person who can decide the value of a player to his squad is the manager because he knows what elements are needed to improve the squad.”

Benitez has long been frustrated about being contractually denied a greater influence over Liverpool’s youth academy and had sought to have the situation reversed in talks with Hicks and Gillett. The owners, though, have told him they are not ready to bow to his demands, leaving Benitez frustrated at what he sees as a missed opportunity to improve the Kirkby-based facility. He said: “I believe the academy is a very important part of the future of the club.

The length of the contract was already agreed and this showed my long term commitment to the club.“I know the academies of Ajax, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan and Valencia and they are producing players regularly.

“The way the system works there means the manager has an input into development and I think this could be the way forward here and we would hope that this would help us make better use of local talent.”
Benitez insists that money has nothing to do with his decision and has told the fans he will continue to give everything in a bid to bring more success to Anfield.

And says he now wants to put his contract situation behind him for the time being in order to concentrate on Monday night’s eagerly awaited Premier League clash with Everton.“I have to say again that this is not about financial gain. This is not a way to get more money,” he added. “This is solely about being allowed to manage Liverpool Football Club to the best of my abilities as I see them.

“I believe that this club has the potential to improve and I just want to be able to help this to happen.“I will continue to do my job as manager and concentrate on the thing that our fans want me to focus on – winning trophies for them.“From the first day I came to the club I have only ever given 100% and I will continue to do this.“We have a very important game coming up against Everton on Monday night and now I just want to be able to concentrate only on this.”
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
bigmick wrote:Parry knows nothing about transfers FFS. He allowed the signings of Dossena for 7 million quid and a striker for 20 million who doesn't get into the team so at the very least we should get somebody in to oversee Rafa who's got a clue. I'm not sure though that I'd necessarily go with the idea of giving the manager complete and total control over the whole thing given his recent record. Every other club it seems to me has a CEO, and every other clubs manager (with the possible exception of Mark Hughes) has to work within a budget, so I think it's probably best we do the same.

We really need that sarcasm smilie.

bigmick wrote:At the end of the day, we did spend 40 million quid in the Summer which is quite a lot by anyones standards.

Not by Chelsea and United standards, the teams we are supposed to be competing with domestically.

and they can spend that 40 mil on one player if they wanted too
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 pm

No matter which perspective you take on Rafa's decision, is there any possible scenario where this going to end well?  I can't see it.  FFS. :(
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby GYBS » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:59 pm

If they dont let him control all football matters and transfers then we loose Rafa - Very bad . :(
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion