Rafa rejects new contract offer - BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:01 pm

sgs wrote:What makes you think it would've been a mistake to sell Alonso?

Had we sold Alonso to Arsenal the score would have not of been 1-1.  I'd say it would be a 2-0.
SupitsJonF

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right? Managers at those clubs have carte blanch over football matters, as does Ferguson at OT. A top class manager should NEVER have to listen to a chairman who knows sweet d*ck all about footballing matters ever. All they have to do is nod their heads and cough up the coin and let the man get on with what he was employed to do.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:14 pm

john craig wrote: Clearly Hicks is a wan.ker, but if he'd not done that then the press would have been all over Benitez for rejecting the contract, piling yet more pressure on him in the build up to the derby.  He actually did us a big favour.  I was half expecting him to come on air and declare WW3 on Benitez and have us back to square one in terms of a power struggle, so I was pleasantly surprised. 

(Disclaimer:  I am still of the opinion that Hicks along with his partner are complete crooks that we need shot of ASAP)

Agree with all of that, I thought we were going to end up with a big stand-off on our hands but Hick's comments have pretty much difused the situation as far as i am concerned.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:17 pm

lakes10 wrote:well the echos report is better than what has just been said on Radio 5 live, they said he has told the club he will quite the club in Weeks if the contract is not to his and the fans needs.

Is that all you do?
Listen to fecking radio 5 live lakes??
Nearly every post ya mention radio 5 live! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:49 pm

GYBS wrote:lumbered with sammy lee ? ! You will have to explain that , the guy is a legend for ours and whenever he has been involved in the coaching staff or management team we have been successful .

Oh good lord, firstly a good player doesn't make a good manager but secondly look at what happened at Bolton when he was in charge.
heimdall

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Im 100% behind Rafa on this.Theres no way Parry should have a say in transfers or the Yanks!
All they are there for is to say you have X amount of pounds available and sign the cheque..thats it!

I worry though that Rafa's stubborness may make this drag on for longer than it should!What happens if the kunts turn around and say thats the way it is..take it or leave it?
Personally I think Rafa would walk!
The one thing on his side i feel is that he is still very popular with the vast majority of fans.The Yanks know this and are well aware of the hatred towards them.They wont want to rock the boat too much,they want the fans on their side(although that will never happen).
Rafa is a smart man,I think he will get what he wants and rightly so.

I just hope its all sorted out sooner rather than later cause we can do without the distraction!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:51 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
heimdall wrote:So what the hell would be the point in having a Chief Executive officer then. Of course the manager has to answer to the CEO, that's how it works in the real world Rafa!!
If he goes due to this then good because if these reports are true then he's being a pr1ck. His transfers are very hit and miss so to give him 100% control could be a disaster!

BTW I hope this is being blown out of proportion, I want him to stay until the end of this season at least.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right? Managers at those clubs have carte blanch over football matters, as does Ferguson at OT. A top class manager should NEVER have to listen to a chairman who knows sweet d*ck all about footballing matters ever. All they have to do is nod their heads and cough up the coin and let the man get on with what he was employed to do.

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right?  :D

That's b0llocks mate, I havent worked as a top tier manager but I know that at both Milan and Barcelona that the managers (or COACHES AS THEY ARE KNOWN) do not have the control over transfers.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:52 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:lumbered with sammy lee ? ! You will have to explain that , the guy is a legend for ours and whenever he has been involved in the coaching staff or management team we have been successful .

Oh good lord, firstly a good player doesn't make a good manager but secondly look at what happened at Bolton when he was in charge.

Heimdall your dinner is ready! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby justyna » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:54 pm

so once again...Hicks is the good one and Gillet is the one who makes troubles all the time???
justyna

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:55 pm

I think the problem is Parry, not that the CEO has final say. Get rid of Parry, bring in someone to take care of the business side and bring in someone who knows the game inside out like Dalglish to oversee the club as director of football. Problem solved .
account deleted by request

Postby heimdall » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:57 pm

s@int wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

And you know this because you've worked as top tier manager for the likes of Barcalona and Ac Milan, right?  :D

That's b0llocks mate, I havent worked as a top tier manager but I know that at both Milan and Barcelona that the managers (or COACHES AS THEY ARE KNOWN) do not have the control over transfers.

:bowdown

Do pople think that managers just get given blank cheques or something, I will say it again a lot of people on this forum just have no fecking idea about real life.

For example if you were getting a house built would you just say to the builder ok mate here's the money do whatever you want, of course you bloody wouldn't, you would take his advice on board and back it as much as possible but at the end of the day it's your bloody money so you would want to analyse and have final say on each large purchase.

I just wish the owners had been a bit more critical this summer, we might not have ened up with the likes of Dossena.
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Hicks "Rafa will be here for the next 5 years".............longer than you then?

Where did you read that mate?

his interview on SSN
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Number 9 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:well the echos report is better than what has just been said on Radio 5 live, they said he has told the club he will quite the club in Weeks if the contract is not to his and the fans needs.

Is that all you do?
Listen to fecking radio 5 live lakes??
Nearly every post ya mention radio 5 live! :laugh:

lol i have it on my pc when i am doing my paperwork and SSN on the tv.......yep i am that sad.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:35 pm

I remember years ago Shanks saying

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques".

I am 100/% behind Rafa on this but an im absolutly terrified he will walk , Dont forget hed just won the league, an the Eufa cup with Valencia an he walked because of the same situation.

WTF does Parry know about players Rafa should not have to go cap in hand to him, dont forget he was one of the :censored: who :censored: brought these yanks here in the first place, cause it made good buissnes sense . Ha dont make me laugh if he cant spot a :censored: pair of shysters how the :censored: can he have a say on who we buy.

Stick to your guns Rafa lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:44 pm

lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
lakes10 wrote:Hicks "Rafa will be here for the next 5 years".............longer than you then?

Where did you read that mate?

his interview on SSN

Dont you mean Radio5Live?  :D

Im not worried at all, it'll all get sorted.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion