Rafa quoted today in the daily star..

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:14 pm

He says if he signs benayoun then that will be it for the summer spending

worrying stuff, not that i believe The Star.....but still

we need a world class wide man who can play both sides, eg robben, chris ronaldo, simao etc

and we need to replace gonzalez rafa  :no , kewell will not stay fit and we will be fakked on the left for options
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:18 pm

LittleHobo wrote:He says if he signs benayoun then that will be it for the summer spending

worrying stuff, not that i believe the star.....but still

we need to replace gonzalez rafa  :no , kewell will not stay fit and we will be fakked on the left for options

I really hope not.  The squad is not strong enough to challenge on all fronts.  I thought we had some serious money to spend now.  If u take into account the money brought in from sales we aint spent much this summer.

Has Gonzales defiantly gone?
puroresu

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:21 pm

i think gonz has defo gone, maybe someone can confirm it.

with the sales of bellamy (8mill), cisse(6 mill), pongo (2.5 mill) and gonz (2.5 mill) we will barely have spent 10 million all summer overall

which would be rubbish
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:26 pm

LittleHobo wrote:i think gonz has defo gone, maybe someone can confirm it.

with the sales of bellamy (8mill), cisse(6 mill), pongo (2.5 mill) and gonz (2.5 mill) we will barely have spent 10 million all summer overall

which would be rubbish

Thats what im saying.  Without the money generated through sales what is the budget for bringing players in. Doesnt seem to different to what we had in previous summers.
puroresu

Postby EddieC » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:50 pm

LittleHobo wrote:He says if he signs benayoun then that will be it for the summer spending

worrying stuff, not that i believe The Star.....but still

we need a world class wide man who can play both sides, eg robben, chris ronaldo, simao etc

and we need to replace gonzalez rafa  :no , kewell will not stay fit and we will be fakked on the left for options

That's not really what the article says though, is it?

I've just been out & bought The Star, Rafa actually says we need at least two new faces, and that he'd be happy for Benayoun to be one of them.

This same article couldn't even get Voronin's nationality right, they've got him down as Russian, so I wouldn't read too much into it.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:55 pm

What I read was that there will be 2 more additions one of which might be Benayoun. So im sure a winger is on his way aswell.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:56 pm

I still wonder how much money is really avaliable to spend on players? I think we need more than 2 players.  LB and RB needs more quality.
puroresu

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:00 pm

which would be rubbish

So we could end up with :

Torres
Voronin
benayoun

...and we've only spent £10 million? that to me seems like a good summer spend spree. You not happy until we've offloaded at least £50 million are you?

wind your fking neck in and stop moaning.  :angry:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:05 pm

Im sure Rafa has enough to quench his thirst as he would have made it known if he were unhappy by now.

Also if he thinks only 2 more players are needed then let him be the judge of that. Apparantly Levia iscapable of challanging for the first team so lets wait and see.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:11 pm

the problem is Man utd have gone utd and added great depth to their squad, spent big and have defo improved, so they have took it on an extra level, making it harder to catch them up

I think it will be hard for rafa this year if he honestly thinks we can win it.

Unless we spend at least another 40 million on 2 quality players

i would like dani alves and simoa or quasimodo
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Lee J wrote:

which would be rubbish

So we could end up with :

Torres
Voronin
benayoun

...and we've only spent £10 million? that to me seems like a good summer spend spree. You not happy until we've offloaded at least £50 million are you?

wind your fking neck in and stop moaning.  :angry:

The numbers look real good but is it enough to win the title? We was already behind Utd and they have no doubt improved there squad.
puroresu

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:19 pm

the Star? ??? well in that case then i bet we see a flood of new players in the next few days lol.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:47 pm

lakes10 wrote:the Star? ??? well in that case then i bet we see a flood of new players in the next few days lol.

I was thinking the same.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:54 pm

Rafa isn't stupid and he wants to have a complete squad for sure. The toughest part, bringing a big name upfront that was captain of his former team is done, and I'm sure he'll now reinforce the wings with no troubles. I wouldn't be worried.

For the left back the best signing I can think of is the recovery of Fabio Aurelio, I really rate the man. In the defence I feel safe with Carra and Agger, as long as Hyypia is still there for cover. In the RB we have the solid Finnan, and Arbeloa is a multiuse back-up.

The middle is very strong now with midfielders of all kind and colours. So actually I don't think we have the utter need of bringing more than 2 men, and those men must be for the wings.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:56 pm

Sabre wrote:Rafa isn't stupid and he wants to have a complete squad for sure. The toughest part, bringing a big name upfront that was captain of his former team is done, and I'm sure he'll now reinforce the wings with no troubles. I wouldn't be worried.

For the left back the best signing I can think of is the recovery of Fabio Aurelio, I really rate the man. In the defence I feel safe with Carra and Agger, as long as Hyypia is still there for cover. In the RB we have the solid Finnan, and Arbeloa is a multiuse back-up.

The middle is very strong now with midfielders of all kind and colours. So actually I don't think we have the utter need of bringing more than 2 men, and those men must be for the wings.

Finnan and Arbeola aint great going forward.
puroresu

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion