Rafa?jose! - Thoughts?!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bpm1976 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:57 pm

Hey all this is probably slightly off topic from alot of the banter at the moment but here goes, myself being a Liverpool fan close workmate Chelsea fan, who has followed them for some time, you can imagine his smirk!
When talking about our respective clubs, me giving him the usual S++T! money spent blah blah!
He put it to me that switch the scenario, if Jose had come to us and Rafa had gone to Chelsea would things be much different?!
For example would Rafa have assembled the type of squad that Jose has if he was given the transfer funds? or would he of installed the altogetherness Chelsea have? ( I say biting lip)
Im still not 100 percent sure, if Jose had of come here Im not saying we would of won the Cup, I was lucky enough to of been there, for me that game changed so much in our favour when Kewell came off, 100 percent changed, if the starting line up stayed on for 90, I doubt we would of won.
This is not a snide in any way towards Rafa, as I think he will learn and adapt more to the Prem, but some of the errors in team selection and formation is quite plain to see. IMO.
Would we of been a better team of Jose had of come? I guess is the ultimate question?
bpm1976

Postby mighty mo » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:09 pm

WTF!!!!!!!!
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:18 pm

i think its to hard to say what would of happened if the respective managers had gone the other way. i gues every manager has his own ideas involving personel and formations. its interesting to see though that the 2 managers have not often been linked with the same player. make of that what you will. or just waste a post with WTF ???
destro

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:34 pm

bpm1976 wrote:Hey all this is probably slightly off topic from alot of the banter at the moment but here goes, myself being a Liverpool fan close workmate Chelsea fan, who has followed them for some time, you can imagine his smirk!
When talking about our respective clubs, me giving him the usual S++T! money spent blah blah!
He put it to me that switch the scenario, if Jose had come to us and Rafa had gone to Chelsea would things be much different?!
For example would Rafa have assembled the type of squad that Jose has if he was given the transfer funds? or would he of installed the altogetherness Chelsea have? ( I say biting lip)
Im still not 100 percent sure, if Jose had of come here Im not saying we would of won the Cup, I was lucky enough to of been there, for me that game changed so much in our favour when Kewell came off, 100 percent changed, if the starting line up stayed on for 90, I doubt we would of won.
This is not a snide in any way towards Rafa, as I think he will learn and adapt more to the Prem, but some of the errors in team selection and formation is quite plain to see. IMO.
Would we of been a better team of Jose had of come? I guess is the ultimate question?

turn your question around, would mourinho have led us to the champions league?

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:45 pm

Moris would have been a failure here. He can only succeed in a domestic league where his team is far superior to the opposition. CL games (as we saw to our benefit last season) can throw up big suprises. Lyon beating Real 3-0 for instance. Houllier is no tactical genius, but he got his team to batter a star-studded (if somewhat show-boating) team.

Moris is limited as a manager beyond his ability to motivate players in my opinion.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:02 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:Moris is limited as a manager beyond his ability to motivate players in my opinion.

Let's not forget what Maureen achieved prior to him coming to Chelsea. It is easy to say that he is not as good and only won the league because of Roman's millions. This guy won the champions league with Porto - not a rich club and not full of superstars. It takes a good manager to do that.

As for the original post - pretty pointless really. We won the Champions League last year, Rafa is our manager, Mourinho isn't - End of!
We could waste hours on here talking about "what ifs". What if Kenny Dalglish would of stayed as manager, what if Souness was given more time to mould his young guns (Fowler Macca Redknapp Jones Matteo) into a title challengin team, what if Houllier hadn't of had a heart attack, what if GH had of died of heart attack, what if Morrientes could score goals etc etc.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion