Rafa is a god - New song for mr benitez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 pm

nobybob wrote:Maybe just maybe its because the bitters have not got on his case and have given him time to build a team capable of competing, If moyes had been managing us the last few years would our supporters have put up with his results?-don't think so he would have been long gone!

There for starters.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:30 pm

The fact that our name is so big means we could afford 60 million of players. Look at Chelsea, because they are a small team they have only been able to win spend huge amount since Ambrovich. United on the other hand, are a massive name around the world, so their commercial side like ours gives them a huge boost in the transfer market.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:32 pm

Big Niall wrote:There is no doubt that Moyes has done a very good job. However, that is no guarantee that he would have won trophies if given big money. I remember Mike Walker did a fantastic job at Norwich (beat Bayarn munich in UEFA cup after finishing second or third the year before), was given a lot of money at Everton and was terrible.

Moyes MIGHT just be a great manager at a top 10 type club - there is no way of knowing how he'd do if given £100m.

However, his team might finish above us for the second time in four seasons which would be astonishing considering the money difference.

Winning cups in nice but the league is what counts.

in one sentance you guys say money makes no difference when talking about rafa competing with chelsea and arsenal  and in the next you say of everton they may finish above us for the second time in four seasons ASTONISHING considering the money diference
which is it you cant have it both ways :D  :D
nobybob

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:The fact that our name is so big means we could afford 60 million of players. Look at Chelsea, because they are a small team they have only been able to win spend huge amount since Ambrovich. United on the other hand, are a massive name around the world, so their commercial side like ours gives them a huge boost in the transfer market.

LOL i wish this was the case m8
tell this to G&H cos they seem to think the only way we can spend big is to get another loan or sell a player
also your talking of spending £60million "on players -im talking about £60 million on 2 players
nobybob

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:36 pm

I don't blame money, never have done and never will do. It's proven that it's not about money. It's about a manager's ability. Benitez doesn't have the ability IN THE LEAGUE to compete.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:41 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
nobybob wrote:Maybe just maybe its because the bitters have not got on his case and have given him time to build a team capable of competing, If moyes had been managing us the last few years would our supporters have put up with his results?-don't think so he would have been long gone!

There for starters.

were?
nobybob

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:43 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I don't blame money, never have done and never will do. It's proven that it's not about money. It's about a manager's ability. Benitez doesn't have the ability IN THE LEAGUE to compete.

I think its a combination m8 even then you still need alot of other pieces of the jigsaw to fall in place together at the right time.
nobybob

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Well one piece is the ability of the manager, Benitez doesn't have the ability in the Premiership and therefore we'll always be at least ONE piece short.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:47 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I don't blame money, never have done and never will do. It's proven that it's not about money. It's about a manager's ability. Benitez doesn't have the ability IN THE LEAGUE to compete.

when fergie first arrived at united did he have the ability ?
well if judged by his initial results the answer would have been a big NO . But he has since gone on to prove this theory wrong big time ! so who's to say rafa wont do the same?
nobybob

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:52 pm

I'm to say, because Benitez isn't up to it and the reason he isn't is because of ROTATION.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:14 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I'm to say, because Benitez isn't up to it and the reason he isn't is because of ROTATION.

so i have answerd each of your points and it all boils down to the rottation issue again .
And who can say definitively that had rafa not rotated we would be in a  better position not a worse _YOU CANT -you can only surmise. Saying that mate i to feel that rafa has rotated to much, maybe with a few more world class players in the team rafa will not feel the need to rotate as much.
nobybob

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 pm

I can assume, or rather I can gurantee that we wouldn't be 20 odd points behind the leaders if we didn't rotate. A settled side, filled with the quality we have, would challenge.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby nobybob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:18 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can assume, or rather I can gurantee that we wouldn't be 20 odd points behind the leaders if we didn't rotate. A settled side, filled with the quality we have, would challenge.

you can assume you cant guarantee
nobybob

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:24 pm

I can guarantee it. As can every other Liverpool fan with half a brain cell. It's obvious rotation cost us. A settled side WOULD have us higher up the league.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:36 pm

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I can guarantee it. As can every other Liverpool fan with half a brain cell. It's obvious rotation cost us. A settled side WOULD have us higher up the league.

Well, as long as you can GUARANTEE it, then, I guess we'll consider it case closed.  You could have saved us all a lot of bother in the rotation thread these past few months if you'd just come forward with your guarantee early on.  Us 'half a brain cell' types mightn't have bothered actually trying to analyze the issue if you'd sent the word down from on high, your eminence.  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion