Rafa, - Has he seen the light if at all?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa, - Has he seen the light if at all?

Not at all-same again next season.
32%
Slightly-get some momentum then moderate rotation.
57%
Totally-a radical departure. Settled line-ups and formations.
11%

Total votes : 44

Postby bigmick » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:52 pm

taff wrote:But if this upsetd anyone dont worry as the Premiership has been won in the last five years by teams that rotated so its not the stupid thing that some people think it is.

Or with 60 odd games and after a major international tournament in the fastest most physical league in the world we can pick the same players and then have wonderful lengthy debates on why Rafa did not rest key players with the premiership and champions league and then we can pray he sees the light

Just for the record Taff, I'm not sure anyone, ever, has said we should play the same team in every single game mate. Not only have all the teams which have won the Premiership in the last five years changed the team, all our championship wiunning teams were changed from time to time as well. Nobody has ever, ever, ever, said we should play the same team in every single game. 

As for the "other teams do it as well" argument, well yes they do. What they tend to do though if you really look at it, is play a settledish team from the start of the season then start to rest players as they actually get tired. Arsenal barely rotated at all last season largely due to lack of squad depth, and Chelsea did it far less than us too, despite having turmoil within the club and the African Nations. The Mancs played with a settled team to half way, then styled it up and almost won themselves feck all in the process.

Please though mate no more of this implying that some of us are saying we should play the same team in every single game. We're not, and never have.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:05 pm

cráp. The same old dispute and my question unanswered. (1)

Bigmick rightly defends his right to have an opinion about football, that's what we all come for here. The other side finds a bit cheeky to tell a manager that he must see the light, as if he was in complete darkness and answers that with sarcarsm. But at the end of the day we know each other well to not take that comments too seriously so let's just focus in the debate!

I'd really like to know if there's any sign of change besides the more used 4-2-3-1.

If by seeing the light, what it's said is:

* Do not give too much weight in the team to newcomers at the begin of the season, start the season with almost the same block of last season

* Do not cut a player's good form with benching him

Then, I agree that light.

However, If Mascherano plays in Sunday, Plays 90 mins in Marseille, then for the next Sunday game I'd preffer to rest/rotate him and use another one of our good squad players, preferably Alonso.

(1) This is not, I repeat, is not, a complaint about my posts not being answered, I can't ask you that :D . This is KoffiAnnanesque attempt to follow the debate with no harsh comments.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:51 am

For me you have rotation, and you have "mass" rotation. You have rotation where one or two players will be swapped, these are usually caused by knocks or injurys, then you have "mass" rotation, the match against the lesser teams where 9 of the 11 are changed. Its this "mass" rotation rafa has to knock on the head. If there is nothing wrong with a winning formula, or indeed with the teams fitness then class teams like bolton, wigan and hull (for this season at least) the same as man utd, arsenal and chelsea. Its hard to put a vote forward at the minute because we have yet to see who he signs, and who he signs could make a big difference as to how much he rotates.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:21 am

Emerald Red wrote:I hope Rafa rotates and rotates next season, doing things his way, and wins us the league. Egg and face...

And what exactly is this "light" that he is meant to see?

What a ridiculous statement.

The two simply cannot be compared, winning the league for the first time in 19 years as a Liverpool fan and living the joy of watching the Reds return to the pinnacle of football. But taking that with a bit of 'egg on yer face' to go with it around newkit. Happily. :nod

But he wont rotate and rotate and rotate and rotate us to winning the league.
:rasp
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:27 am

Course we could just not bother having an opinion of such matters. Rafa's got the coaching badges, therefore he knows whats best and we should just accept every decision without comment, just be a "real" fan. Anybody who criticises him or has an opinion is a fool anyway. Then we could spend the closed season posting up funny pictures, and just hope that next season after four consecutive seasons of abject failure of mass rotation to work in the Premiership it'll come off next time.

:laugh:

I think you've just posted the phone salesmans thoughts.

To much time on a mobile can give you radioactive side effects to the brain if used for sustained periods, Leon heed my advice stay off the phones !
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:14 am

So we have had the opinions of the barman,millionaire,plumber and the phone sales man!
Who and where is the doleite? :D
I wanna hear what they have to say,considering he/she has more time on their hands to sit around and post than most of us.Who did ya mean Leon? ???
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:17 am

I'm a Plumber to Bazzer, used to be a heating engineer in England, now I'm just a smelly Plumber :(  :D

Who knows more about football than Rafa :laugh: (That was a joke thought police, stand down)
66-1112520797

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:20 am

Bamaga man wrote:I'm a Plumber to Bazzer, used to be a heating engineer in England, now I'm just a smelly Plumber :(  :D

Who knows more about football than Rafa :laugh: (That was a joke thought police, stand down)

:D
Heating engineer turned plumber= ROUGH AS FU'CK WORK BAM!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am

Number 9 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:I'm a Plumber to Bazzer, used to be a heating engineer in England, now I'm just a smelly Plumber :(  :D

Heating engineer turned plumber= ROUGH AS FU'CK WORK BAM!! :laugh:

Tell me about it. some days I feel totally violated doing what I do.  :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:29 am

bigmick wrote:Course we could just not bother having an opinion of such matters. Rafa's got the coaching badges, therefore he knows whats best and we should just accept every decision without comment, just be a "real" fan. Anybody who criticises him or has an opinion is a fool anyway. Then we could spend the closed season posting up funny pictures, and just hope that next season after four consecutive seasons of abject failure of mass rotation to work in the Premiership it'll come off next time.

'Cos there's nothing wrong with the methodology at all, it's the players innit?

No one said dont have an opinion, after all htey are like ar.se holes - every one has one.

The point is the professing to know better than a man who has won what he has in football from the comfort of your armchair with the benefit of hindsight is laughable to say the least.

Apologies for having a sense of humour (although its level and effectiveness is debateable) and posting pictures to lighten the mood, I shall and try and be someone that I am not when on line and refrain from pi.ss taking, jibes, jokes and all forms of humour hence forth.

Criticism of the manager is fine, pointing out where you beleive it went wrong is fine, suggesting possible solutions is fine, however talking of the guy in a derogatory way, professing to know 100% for sure where it went wrong and making out like "this substitution and that tactic" (with the benefit of hindsight) would have meant a win is quite frankly laughable.

As for the real fan, define this for me will you Michael ?

Abject failure is interesting also. I do not beleive we where relegated in the last four seasons any more then I think we have any right to win the league, unlike others clearly do.

For the record

dictionary wrote:abject (ab-ject)
adjective

1. utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty. 
2. contemptible; despicable; base-spirited: an abject coward. 
3. shamelessly servile; slavish. 
4. Obsolete. cast aside. 

Final thing to consider, we do not have seperate teams for the league, europe, fa cup and league cup, thus you cant seperate the four when talking of team success or of failure.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:39 am

Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:11 am

s@int wrote:Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results  :D

these smilies would have been more appropriate:

:O

:Oo:

:help

:upside:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:12 am

s@int wrote:Insanity - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results  :D

are you referring to rotation, or the discussion about rotation there, saint?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am

andy_g wrote:

Both Andy, its like having deja vu on here sometimes......  :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:30 am

s@int wrote:
andy_g wrote:

Both Andy, its like having deja vu on here sometimes......  :laugh:

Yeah this is the rotation thread part deux! :D
Its gonna turn into Groundhog thread!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion