Rafa fights back - Echo

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:20 pm

I think what he meant about the Tevez/Mascherano scenario was that when the clubs had agreed, the mascherano transfer took a lot of effort, and although the whole third party stuff took ages, the actual Tevez transfer was over in a snap. I can see what he means and we do often get a raw deal, but i'd rather he'd waited for the end of the season to say what he's said here. I just hope it doesn't give any of our players an excuse to slack off (not that I'm suggesting they would) and then say "Oh well, we wouldn't have won anyway because everything's against us." I can't think of a player who would but a) I don't know all of them very well and b) I don't want them to have the oppertunity.

But it is nice to hear Rafa talking like this. It shows his fight and spirit and sometimes he might seem lacking in those departments. I saw it after the Chelsea game. It looked like he was going to explode with anger but all he could say was "unbelievable". I like this. It'll remind the players and all of us that he really is trying so hard to win this and he believes we can. Go on Rafa! You tell 'em!
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:21 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think he has let himself down here.  It is not the Liverpool way to moan about decisions that don't go our way.  Shut up and prove it on the field.. thats how it is done!
:(

bull.sh.it its about time some one stood up to the FA they are the new nazi they do what they want when they want to and get away with it look at the england managers over last 10 years total sh.it.

Most people just dont say a word because they are scared he has been a man today spoke his mind and let out alot of home truths fair play to you rafa.

Plus after allt his stuff with the styles boll.ocks can yuou blame him for being upset if some one put a mic to your mouth could you hold it in ? really could you ?
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:24 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:I think what he meant about the Tevez/Mascherano scenario was that when the clubs had agreed, the mascherano transfer took a lot of effort, and although the whole third party stuff took ages, the actual Tevez transfer was over in a snap. I can see what he means and we do often get a raw deal, but i'd rather he'd waited for the end of the season to say what he's said here. I just hope it doesn't give any of our players an excuse to slack off (not that I'm suggesting they would) and then say "Oh well, we wouldn't have won anyway because everything's against us." I can't think of a player who would but a) I don't know all of them very well and b) I don't want them to have the oppertunity.

But it is nice to hear Rafa talking like this. It shows his fight and spirit and sometimes he might seem lacking in those departments. I saw it after the Chelsea game. It looked like he was going to explode with anger but all he could say was "unbelievable". I like this. It'll remind the players and all of us that he really is trying so hard to win this and he believes we can. Go on Rafa! You tell 'em!

No i think this will do more then that i think it will drive them on liverpool does there best when there backs are tot he walls like dog with rabies Grrrrr Wooof.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Its been a frustrating week for rafa so its only natural that he would lose his rag. He did after the champs league final so its good to see hes as human as the rest of us, however, I dont see why hes so frustrated over this heinze deal. It was always going to be difficult to grab any player from United, just like it would be difficult for them to get one of our players. I think we have decent enough players already at full back, arbeloa seems to be doing a good job. And surely there are better full backs out there?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Is right Rafa lid  :cool:

Computer generated my @rse.

This is our early kick off compared to the rest last season  p.iss off FA with your bias, dont mess with us any more where not taking it lying down.
Feck yers.

Liverpool 10
Man Utd 5
Charlton 4
Chelsea 4
Everton 4
Fulham 4
Man City 4
Tottenham 4
West Ham 4
Wigan 4
Aston Villa 3
Portsmouth 3
Arsenal 2
Bolton 2
Newcastle 2
Reading 2
Sheff Utd 2
Watford 1
Blackburn 0
Middlesbrough 0
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ICE-MAN » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm

No way has Rafa let us or himself down, his rant was extremely well justified and im delighted he came out and said it, cue all the mind games, the FA will start puttin a bit more pressure on the manc and chelski and it might get rid of a bit of the sh*t that gets heaped on us!

Those early kickoffs are a joke, we always get shafted with them!

Fair play rafa, ruffle a few feathers, its the race for the premiership title mind games startin nice n early!  :cool:
ICE-MAN

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:Is right Rafa lid  :cool:

Computer generated my @rse.

This is our early kick off compared to the rest last season  p.iss off FA with your bias, dont mess with us any more where not taking it lying down.
Feck yers.

Liverpool 10
Man Utd 5
Charlton 4
Chelsea 4
Everton 4
Fulham 4
Man City 4
Tottenham 4
West Ham 4
Wigan 4
Aston Villa 3
Portsmouth 3
Arsenal 2
Bolton 2
Newcastle 2
Reading 2
Sheff Utd 2
Watford 1
Blackburn 0
Middlesbrough 0

What was our record like in early KOs? If we lost more than when we didn't KO early then fair enough, complain to the FA about pandering to the muppets at Sky who could quite easily and DELIBERATELY try to influence the title race by fark ing around with the fixtures.

As for Heinze, I don't think we should bother as Arbeloa (and the rest) did well enough against the blues and only conceded a goal to a dodgy penalty award. Even so, I think to read "context" into the situation was farcical. It either says on the letter or indeed was said to Heinze verbally that he could not join Liverpool or it wasn't. If a man threatens "I'm going to kill you" do you think the courts will let him off when the recipient is found murdered just because he explains it away with context??? "I didn't mean it", "I thought I was on Candid Camera", "I thought he was some else (who isn't dead)". If Heinze really wants to join us he should turn up wearing a Liverpool shirt to training and bide his time for a court verdict and the January transfer window.

What it does prove is that these arbitration panels are a waste of time, just as with the Tevez affair. I wouldn't trust them to decide who's turn it is at a game of solitaire!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:42 pm

Liverpool 10
Man Utd 5
Charlton 4
Chelsea 4
Everton 4
Fulham 4
Man City 4
Tottenham 4
West Ham 4
Wigan 4
Aston Villa 3
Portsmouth 3
Arsenal 2
Bolton 2
Newcastle 2
Reading 2
Sheff Utd 2
Watford 1
Blackburn 0
Middlesbrough 0

What do the numbers mean? ealy kick offs? 10??
burjennio

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Number of early kick-offs
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:47 pm

Unbelievable, twice as many as any other side, with the longest run in the midweek competitions
burjennio

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:51 pm

West Ham (H) 2-1
Tottenham (H) 3-0
Everton (H) 0-0
Man United (H) 0-1
Arsenal (H) 4-1

Sheff Utd (A) 1-1
Everton (A) 0-3
Charlton (A) 3-0
Watford (A) 3-0
Bolton (A) 0-2

All 12.45 kick offs last season. You then had games like Man U (A), Chelsea (A) and Villa (A) which were 1.30 in the afternoon.

Absolute joke.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Not a bad record considering, although if you add the manc, Chelsea and villa results you add W0 D1 L2 to the early kick off tally of P10 W5 D2 L3
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm

Well done Rafa. You've made the questions and if they're right they'll have an answer. One thing I've learnt from English football is that if Liverpool don't defend their interests nobody will defend those for them. So it's nice to put some pressure on the league

The early KOs amount cannot be considered a matter of lúck, the distribution is outrageous and it's away games, so I don't see classless to ask how come the distribution is like that.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:07 pm

stmichael wrote:West Ham (H) 2-1
Tottenham (H) 3-0
Everton (H) 0-0
Man United (H) 0-1
Arsenal (H) 4-1

Sheff Utd (A) 1-1
Everton (A) 0-3
Charlton (A) 3-0
Watford (A) 3-0
Bolton (A) 0-2

All 12.45 kick offs last season. You then had games like Man U (A), Chelsea (A) and Villa (A) which were 1.30 in the afternoon.

Absolute joke.

Not to mention of a nice long trip to Kiev in between two of those early K.O's.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby AB's Red Army » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:16 pm

Let's be honest here lads, if these was made by Ferguson,Mourinho or Wenger we would be having a right go at them for being whinging gits.

I'm surprised by Rafa's comments. Whether he has a point or not, is not the issue here imo. It could have been said in a different matter [I don't think he has a point regarding Tevez].
DeviantArt: Click Here
AB's Red Army

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion