4. doing a very poor job
4%
5. sack him now!
7%
6. other please vote first then state reasons in your post
9%

Total votes : 89

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:16 am

lakes10 wrote:time for a reset on this poll i think.

lakes make a new one then.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:21 am

Dazzer wrote:

lol mate if i made a poll on this forum about Rafa i think i would be hunted down, the problem with me is that i did not like the idea of Rafa coming to the club in the firts place and always said he was not the man to win us the prem.....so if i make the poll thet just think i am having anther pop at Rafa.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:24 am

lakes10 wrote:
Dazzer wrote:

lol mate if i made a poll on this forum about Rafa i think i would be hunted down, the problem with me is that i did not like the idea of Rafa coming to the club in the firts place and always said he was not the man to win us the prem.....so if i make the poll thet just think i am having anther pop at Rafa.

Haha well you was right mate I never 100% agreed but put up with him and when he won CL I was kinda happy and forgot for a few seasons that I didn't like the type of footie we played.

But sod it make it I am sure it be fine more deep down feel the same now and I don't think you get that much stick.

Plus fook it any ways man you are a reg you can start a poll if you like.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby big al » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:25 am

lakes I said that too and under here back in 2004.  He fixed me with Istanbul and I don't mind if he wants to fix me again but I wish hed hurry up.  I may well be in such a bad place because I am now starting to favour the Manc's for the premiership I can only hope its the blue manc's
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby tonyeh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:49 pm

big al wrote:It has been some time since I posted here and my reluctance has been that what I have too say would be entirely negative and in many ways not what fans here want to hear when their down. So what has motivated me to comment now.  Funny enough it was'nt the loss to Lyon, it was the fact that when we scored I could'nt even raise a cheer.  That's the first time in 37 years of following Liverpool since i was six years old.  It's not just Rafa's inability to man manage, or his egotistical ravings, nor his overly cautious tactics, nor his inability to have created a group of young emerging players who could briefly fill in, its not his lack of trophies in the last few years, nor his lack of passion, its not his stupid pre season tactics which meant his starting 11 against spurs were a yard short of pace, it isn't his failure to tell the best passing mid-fielder in the world that he got it wrong and Barry could'nt lace his boots, nor having the personal to touch with Peter whom it we'd kept last season would have most likely meant we'd have been champions.  Its not that Rafa lacks self awareness he know's he's cold so thats why he brought Sammy Lee in.  I am neither unhappy at his craving for power which has alienate so many ex players who served us so well.  I don'y mind his lack of sporting psychology (the lack that brought pressure on his own players by suddenly making eveyone aware last Xmas that we were sitting on top of the league) I don't think anyone had noticed until Rafa had a go at Fergie.  Its not his hit and miss approach to bringing in the right player, its not his ability to break the confidence of good players until they lose form like Yossi when he first joined us.  Its not his insistence that Dirk Kuyt is the best right midfielder for liverpool.  Its not his threats to walk away when he doesent get his way.  Its not any of these!  No what it his is his failure to go for the jugular when an opponent is down.  This inability means he does know how to be a real winner.  if you analyse the draws last year you see and overly cautious manager who doe'sent know how to finish teams off.  Tonigh Lyo Had two defensive midlfielders at center back, Ferguson would have thrown 2 or three up front and destroyed them, in fact all the very best managers would have went for them.  Rafa's cold and calculating alright but only towards his onw players.  This coldness means he calculates substitutions on the basis of statics like most goals are scored by subs when they come on in the last quarter of a game.  I did'nt cheer because I knew we were going to lose my belief is gone I expect to get beat because so do the Liverpool players.  Think on this:  Gerrard stayed with England even when he knew he was hurt whilst Rooney went home,  Did Stepen Gerrard stay because Capello was putting the arm around his shoulder and saying all the things Rafa would'nt. You can bet Fergie patted Rooney on the head and said good lad, Man U first Wayne Man U first. Shankly was ruthless but he also had a heart of gold, he knew you can't treat everone the same, some need a boot up the backside and some need an arm around the shoulder and to be told your brilliant you'll get your form back, your the best.  In the end one thing is the most essential thing and that's admiting you got it wrong even if its just behind closed doors to those who are your players and that's about having humility.  Even the special one has shown he has that quality.  If Rafa wants to beat Man U and get over the past then he needs to learn that we are all of us merely human and all need praise and recognition but it is best when it comes from those who are supposed to be showing us the way.

The fault I can pick out of that post is the colour of the text.

I have to say, I nearly shit myself when I saw that Bemitez had put N'Gog up front on his own.
tonyeh

Postby maguskwt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:44 am

so why is this thread not moved to the polls section...  :sleepy:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:09 am

maguskwt wrote:so why is this thread not moved to the polls section...  :sleepy:

I vote maguskwt for mod !!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:15 am

babu wrote:
maguskwt wrote:so why is this thread not moved to the polls section...  :sleepy:

i vote you for 2 yellow cards  :rasp
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:50 am

dawson99 wrote:
babu wrote:

:D  it was sarcasm dawson... cause my poll thread which generated good discussion was moved to the polls section and now lay dead...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:51 am

maguskwt wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
babu wrote:

:D  it was sarcasm dawson... cause my poll thread which generated good discussion was moved to the polls section and now lay dead...

LEt me grab me bacon sandwich and I come over to the polls and we can have a good natter.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:59 am

Ok I set new rafa faith o-meter in polls go vote please if you give a sh.it.  :p
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Liverpool442 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:53 pm

I have put average job as two major honours in 4 1/2 years is average simple as.
I am not a Rafa hater but am getting a bit bored of supporters constant defence of him where Houlier was given less money won more honours and yet got slaughtered the first times things went wrong imo.
Liverpool442

Postby bigmick » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:33 pm

I think it's two trophies in 5 1/2 years mate but I take your point.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:15 pm

Liverpool442 wrote:I am not a Rafa hater but am getting a bit bored of supporters constant defence of him where Houlier was given less money won more honours and yet got slaughtered the first times things went wrong imo.

The defences are arguably as weak as our's!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Trewyn » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Just in case the anti-rafa brigade missed these factual stats. :P

HOW RAFA'S 200 COMPARES TO RIVAL BOSSES
Jimmy Rice 23 October 2009
Rafa Benitez will take charge of his 200th league game for Liverpool on Sunday - and we've unearthed some fascinating statistics comparing the Spaniard's record to rival managers.
Benitez has won 113 of his 199 top-flight clashes since taking charge of Liverpool in 2004 - an impressive 56.8 per cent.

This compares favourably to the records of Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger in their first 200 league games.

Ferguson won just 87 from 200 (43.5 per cent) after joining Manchester United in 1986 - and it took the Scot almost seven years to collect a league title.

Wenger triumphed in 110 (55 per cent) of his first 200 league matches following his appointment at Highbury in 1996 - a stat which was good enough at the time to win him a championship trophy in 1997-98.

Meanwhile, just one Liverpool manager from down the years can boast a better record than Benitez.

Kenny Dalglish won 120 of his first 200 (60 per cent) league games.

Bob Paisley totted up 113 victories (56.5 per cent), Bill Shankly 106 (53 per cent) and Gerard Houllier 101 (50.5 per cent).

========================

urm... Kenny Dalglish for new gaffer? hehe Not a big change as he's already on the Liverpool payroll  :D
Trewyn

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion