RAFA FAITH-O-METER Mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa faith-o-meter mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

10. he is god
15%
9. he is hercules
13%
8. he is great
27%
7. he done ya wife but you would forgive him
4%
6. he won't win prem but we love him any ways
3%
5. he is good
4%
4. he almost there
18%
3. he is frank spencer
7%
2. he ate all the pie's
6%
1. he's lost the plot
3%

Total votes : 71

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:38 pm

Owzat wrote:
bigmick wrote:Interstingly the results are 43 for the top 5, and 40 for the bottom. I'm bound to say though I don't think that represents forum opinion. I think based on what I read, probably two thirds to three quarters of people still believe in the manager.

The problem is the poll offers too many options when most people will feel aspects of more than one option. ie it's unlikely you can put in one poll option exactly how people feel.

So far Rafa has done some good things, other things not so good :-

- Champions League 10/10. Won it, can't ask more than that and also reached a semi and a second final in four years.

- Premiership 7/10. He has achieved a few improvements in points tallies, but we're essentially no closer to winning the league (at the end of a season) than Houllier was or Evans. ie we're still finishing 3rd or 4th.

- FA Cup 5/10. Won it, not convincing in the final and had a few blips including Barnsley at home last season and the bitters this.

- League Cup 4/10. Disregards it which isn't a bad thing, one final holds up ok, but it's barely worth rating performance in a competition we field a second string in.

- Management, Signings, Tactics etc 6/10. Not sure if I think that's generous or mean. I'm not going to go into the breakdown again as it's been done to death on this forum and is in part contributory to the various competition ratings.

You'd have to weight those, but unless you place greatest importance in the Champions League then he'd be struggling to make 8/10. In fact I'd be inclined to say 7/10 would be the maximum because the Premiership is the basic requirement and his rating should not exceed whatever level he reaches at that.

I agree
Rafa has done some good things and some bad
I will give him the credit for Istanbul, but in doing so he must take the blame for Athens. I personally dont accept that we get to a final and dont win. I believe the hard work is done in getting to the final. We had enough to beat milan but didnt win due to Rafa.
The fa cup is not really a good thing for Rafa. Although he must take credit for the one final and one win he must also take the blame for the exits in all the other seasons.
As for the league. This is the best chance we have had so far in a long time. So credit to Rafa for the performances before christmas. But whatever reasons people want to give for the slide down the table after chrstmas,  Rafa must take the responsibility himself.
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Judge wrote:
roberto green wrote:Iv'e been away for a month so haven't had a chance to vote on this. How divided is this opinion?

read it for yourself

:laugh:

Got to admit here - you only have to look at page 1 to see.

Feckin ell -  dya wipe yer own ar$e as well? Fukksake, what's the world coming to?!  :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Owzat wrote:
bigmick wrote:Interstingly the results are 43 for the top 5, and 40 for the bottom. I'm bound to say though I don't think that represents forum opinion. I think based on what I read, probably two thirds to three quarters of people still believe in the manager.

The problem is the poll offers too many options when most people will feel aspects of more than one option. ie it's unlikely you can put in one poll option exactly how people feel.

- Champions League 10/10. Won it, can't ask more than that and also reached a semi and a second final in four years.

- Premiership 7/10. He has achieved a few improvements in points tallies, but we're essentially no closer to winning the league (at the end of a season) than Houllier was or Evans. ie we're still finishing 3rd or 4th.

- FA Cup 5/10. Won it, not convincing in the final and had a few blips including Barnsley at home last season and the bitters this.

- League Cup 4/10. Disregards it which isn't a bad thing, one final holds up ok, but it's barely worth rating performance in a competition we field a second string in.

- Management, Signings, Tactics etc 6/10. Not sure if I think that's generous or mean. I'm not going to go into the breakdown again as it's been done to death on this forum and is in part contributory to the various competition ratings.

You'd have to weight those, but unless you place greatest importance in the Champions League then he'd be struggling to make 8/10. In fact I'd be inclined to say 7/10 would be the maximum because the Premiership is the basic requirement and his rating should not exceed whatever level he reaches at that.

I agree
I will give him the credit for Istanbul, but in doing so he must take the blame for Athens. I personally dont accept that we get to a final and dont win. I believe the hard work is done in getting to the final. We had enough to beat milan but didnt win due to Rafa.

Got to disagree with you there - we were the better team, we played very well and I was proud with our performance.

It was the reverse of 2005 - some you win, some you dont.

Do you blame Kenny for us losing the 1988 FA Cup Final?

Im happy to discuss mate - I know there are arguments about Crouch not getting a game, and Zenden starting - but at the end of the day, we played well.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:54 pm

By the way Sir Roger - Ive had doubts for a while whether you're here just for a wind up.

You the same Sir Roger as the one on The Liverpool Way? Ive seen you there?
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:46 am

Effes wrote:By the way Sir Roger - Ive had doubts for a while whether you're here just for a wind up.

You the same Sir Roger as the one on The Liverpool Way? Ive seen you there?

That might be the Sir Roger i know from somewhere else and dont think its the same person - the Sir Roger i know thinks its a wolves fan who posts and has posted on numerous Liverpool Forums before
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Effes wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I agree

Got to disagree with you there - we were the better team, we played very well and I was proud with our performance.

Im happy to discuss mate - I know there are arguments about Crouch not getting a game, and Zenden starting - but at the end of the day, we played well.

Of course its your prerogative to disagree
We see things differently and that's the way it should be. How could we have discussion and debate if we all agreed?
I happen to think that Rafa's choices etc in Athens were a disgrace and I personally feel he let LFC down that night with his tinkering and tactics. That is my prerogative.

I dont blame Kenny so much for 88 as I blame the team more. They let the likes of Jones and Fashnau get to them and basically bottled it. Aldos pen was a disappointment as well. I wouldnt say the best side won on that day either but it was depressing to watch. Just like Athens.

I have (more-so when I was younger) a tendency to take defeats rather too much to heart. Especially if I believe they are avoidable. That's why Athens still bothers me.

As far as the wind up accusation
I am wound up by some of the dross and blinkered opinions I see on here. But I accept that people have a right to their opinions, however ridiculous or frustrating they are. I don't believe people should be harassed, bullied or banned because they disagree with someone who thinks they know more, for whatever reason. I have stated previously I am 100% Red and have been a supporter for over 40 years. I have no axe to grind and will willingly go head to head with anyone about any point which I question. As should anyone who participates in a forum which advocates and encourages free speech (within reason)
Therefore as long as I am able I will contradict, agree, criticise, praise, dismiss, embrace and generally say what the fuc.k I want about whatever the fuc.k I want to in an acceptable but irreverent way. Because that's the way I am. If I upset or offend people, c'est la vie. I accept it so should they. Life's shi.t and then you die, get over it.
I hope this has eased your suspicions, if only a little

:;):
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I agree

We see things differently and that's the way it should be. How could we have discussion and debate if we all agreed?
I happen to think that Rafa's choices etc in Athens were a disgrace and I personally feel he let LFC down that night with his tinkering and tactics. That is my prerogative.

I dont blame Kenny so much for 88 as I blame the team more. They let the likes of Jones and Fashnau get to them and basically bottled it. Aldos pen was a disappointment as well. I wouldnt say the best side won on that day either but it was depressing to watch. Just like Athens.

I have (more-so when I was younger) a tendency to take defeats rather too much to heart. Especially if I believe they are avoidable. That's why Athens still bothers me.

I am wound up by some of the dross and blinkered opinions I see on here. But I accept that people have a right to their opinions, however ridiculous or frustrating they are. I don't believe people should be harassed, bullied or banned because they disagree with someone who thinks they know more, for whatever reason. I have stated previously I am 100% Red and have been a supporter for over 40 years. I have no axe to grind and will willingly go head to head with anyone about any point which I question. As should anyone who participates in a forum which advocates and encourages free speech (within reason)
Therefore as long as I am able I will contradict, agree, criticise, praise, dismiss, embrace and generally say what the fuc.k I want about whatever the fuc.k I want to in an acceptable but irreverent way. Because that's the way I am. If I upset or offend people, c'est la vie. I accept it so should they. Life's shi.t and then you die, get over it.

:nod
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Sir Roger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I agree

I blame Heysel.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:33 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Effes wrote:
Sir Roger wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I agree

I blame Heysel.

OK

For what?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 pm

I think the Rafa-Faith-0-Meter has just risen to the roof with this performance against Real Madrid.
Its not many managers/Teams that beat R Madrid 4-0. 

9/10
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:51 pm

No question about it, that was fantastic performance and I think we'd have given anybody a mountain of problems on the night. As I said in the match thread, we need a bit of help with the draw now. None of this, you've to beat Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Man U sh!t that we got last year. Avoid the English teams for as long as possible has to be the go. Obviously before anybody gets all silly I'm not saying we can't/won't beat them, I'm just saying it would be nice to have the draw that for instance the Mancs got last season.

As for the faithometer, I wouldn't doubt that for many people a performance like that will make it shoot up.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:16 pm

bigmick wrote:we need a bit of help with the draw now. None of this, you've to beat Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Man U sh!t that we got last year. Avoid the English teams for as long as possible has to be the go. Obviously before anybody gets all silly I'm not saying we can't/won't beat them, I'm just saying it would be nice to have the draw that for instance the Mancs got last season.

Agree with that, was a total stch for us and the gooners last year and was always gonna be a BIG ask to beat three English rivals to win the tournament. I'd take Barca over any of the English clubs.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:19 pm

Scottbot wrote:
bigmick wrote:we need a bit of help with the draw now. None of this, you've to beat Arsenal, then Chelsea, then Man U sh!t that we got last year. Avoid the English teams for as long as possible has to be the go. Obviously before anybody gets all silly I'm not saying we can't/won't beat them, I'm just saying it would be nice to have the draw that for instance the Mancs got last season.

Agree with that, was a total stch for us and the gooners last year and was always gonna be a BIG ask to beat three English rivals to win the tournament. I'd take Barca over any of the English clubs.

Hmmm I would rather avoid Barca as well mate, I would take Bayern though even if they did win 9-1

Maybe we could play INTER after they beat the mancs  :D
account deleted by request

Postby lakes10 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 pm

my faithometer dont change, the CL is Rafa, he is the beat at it.

its the prem that he lets himself down.
as i put in the other thread, we are in big danger of being a big game team, we can only playe well in big games.

even more so this year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:22 pm

s@int wrote:Hmmm I would rather avoid Barca as well mate, I would take Bayern though even if they did win 9-1

Maybe we could play INTER after they beat the mancs  :D

No shi.....t! Me an all, but you get what i'm saying. Villareal wouldn't be a bad shout would it!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion