Rafa - devastated - Blasts players for poor performance....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby el_stinger » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:46 pm

From the OS:

A dejected Rafael Benitez was almost speechless after seeing his side drop another two points at home to Middlesbrough and said he was very unhappy with the overall performance. 
The Liverpool manager felt his team only performed for 20 minutes in the second half and didn't do enough to win the game.

Benitez said: "It is similar to last Saturday against Crystal Palace and I am very unhappy with a lot of things about my team. The result is not good and we only played for 20 minutes in the second half. If you think positive we have one more point but it's one less game.

"This is three times now we have failed to close the gap after Everton losing. I don't know why we are struggling after playing a Champions League game midweek but we need to change things for the future. We can't this season and we just have to get on with it.

"I hope we will see a different Liverpool on Tuesday night against Chelsea and I hope to see a lot more good things." 

Absolutely furious after the match he was, especially during injury time. Cant blame him.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:03 pm

especially after they cocked up the free-kick.

but i thought we did very well in the 2nd half....and i hate to say it...but if baros does not play, we lack a cutting edge..... (targeted at all the baros bashers  :buttrock )
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:07 pm

What planet are you from? When Baros does play we lack cutting edge aswell.

He's not the answer. We need a class striker with pace and intelligence who can finish...

Ring any bells....?
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:12 pm

stu_the_red wrote:What planet are you from? When Baros does play we lack cutting edge aswell.

He's not the answer. We need a class striker with pace and intelligence who can finish...

Ring any bells....?

Baros would have made a hell of a difference. He makes the defenders dizzy and tire their legs with his constent runs and aggressive style. He is a superb team player with a fabulous work rate. Maybe he has not scored as many goals as he should have, but he has definately made a lot of goals for his team mates by his running. --->>>> Baros runs ---->> makes space for other players --->>> more goals for the others

Pure and simple
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:What planet are you from? When Baros does play we lack cutting edge aswell.

Ring any bells....?

well baros would have made a difference.....lets be objective here for once...i know you don't rate baros... But he would have been more effective than both morientas & cisse. But i understand that rafa wants to rest him for the chelsea game....

i know you want owen to come back........

my take.... If a broad dumps me, i don't want her back even if she begs me ...owen is history.
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:35 pm

again i feel RB picked the wrong team, todays game was just as much a  of a must win as  tuesdays
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:43 pm

i don't think he made that bad a team selection...i would have certainly rested riise. But rafa has to understand that morientas cannot play as a lone striker.... He needs either baros or cisse to support him.....As a lone striker, he offers nothing...... Its just a matter of time before the fans turn on him too if rafa keeps playing him up-front on his own.

In fact i think only baros can play in the lone striker role (see how sucessful we have been in europe by playing that).....
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:49 pm

arh well....back to the Champions league dream i guess....and hopeing Newcastle, Arsenal and Bolton beat Everton.....just seen the Rafa interview on BBC sport website....he's really ****** off! :veryangry
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:51 pm

the thing is most likely the 3 teams will beat BS....but can we beat Aston Villa ?

I think rafa will make whole sale changes to the squad.  He already mentioned he can't do anything this season.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:01 pm

im devastated too.we have to remain positive for the remaining matches n fingers crossed so that Everton n Bolton will slip up.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:05 pm

bolton have slipped up...they are losing 2-0 to the premier league champs/champions league semi-final losers.... :eyebrow
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:05 pm

The_Rock wrote:

Ring any bells....?

well baros would have made a difference.....lets be objective here for once...i know you don't rate baros... But he would have been more effective than both morientas & cisse. But i understand that rafa wants to rest him for the chelsea game....

i know you want owen to come back........

my take.... If a broad dumps me, i don't want her back even if she begs me ...owen is history.

Haven't always agreed with you in the past rock but thats spot on
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:09 pm

The_Rock wrote:bolton have slipped up...they are losing 2-0 to the premier league champs/champions league semi-final losers.... :eyebrow

that has been the reason why i said all along never give up on the 4th place.all we know,we might be able to nick it.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:18 pm

Chelsea will be Champions then if they beat Bolton.....a good sign for us if u ask me....can anyone not see Lampard, Cole, terry going out for a few beers tonight?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:21 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Chelsea will be Champions then if they beat Bolton.....a good sign for us if u ask me....can anyone not see Lampard, Cole, terry going out for a few beers tonight?

and then getting their a$$es kicked  :eyebrow
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion