Rafa - devastated - Blasts players for poor performance....

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Red Indian » Mon May 02, 2005 4:15 pm

Cheers, Nice one - Dawson99
Red Indian

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 02, 2005 4:17 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Red Indian wrote:I might sound thick, but anyone know how i can get someone else's quote on my message (without retyping it) I tried a couple of things but they didn't work

click on quote where the box is, so where u wrote that i hit quote...get it?

and rafa has every right to be angry. the team is a real jekyl and hyde this year. bitterly dissapointing one week (losing to southampton!!!!!)

and then beatnig juventus...very bizarre

so according to history...we should be jekyl against chelsea ......... (ie...we should beat the stuffings of them)
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Indian » Mon May 02, 2005 4:18 pm

I don't blame the boss for being angry - Houllier made too many excuses for the players when they were poor.  It's about time the players started to take the blame and look at themselves in the mirror.
Red Indian

Postby tel » Tue May 03, 2005 10:07 am

stu_the_red wrote:Heres hoping.

The lads clearly a GOOD player with ability.

However he's replaced a world class striker and the difference shows. Owen at his worst still managed 16 league goals and 19 in total last season.

Owen had more in the league alone than Milan does in alll compititions.

Baros would be a fantastic third choice striker, i've said it all along. But he could never be anymore than that at a great team.

This season, you are seeing why Heskey started more games than him last season.

He'll never improve beyond his current level and i believe it would be a good time to sell the lad. £7m would be a good price, if we got more then that would be great, he would have then been a great investment.

Personally i think Sinama-Pongolle, Cisse and Morientes are all better footballers, as is Luis Garcia, we need another world class striker though just to top it off.

You keep comparing the wrong 2 strikers. Owen is an established player. Baros is yet to be an established player. He's yet to finish a full season as one of the starting strikers at the club.

A better comparison would be Owen, Van Nistelrooy and Henry. I watched Owen's last 2 seasons as a reds player & he was streets behind those 2. Any wonder why we finish so far behind them in the league?

I'd take Henry over 10 Owens.

You're having sexual fantasies about the wrong guy
tel

Postby lfc4life » Tue May 03, 2005 12:32 pm

Consistency, consistency! Whatever happened to the boys! I also feel frustrated the way we fail to penetrate some of these defences. Let people justify their paychks tonite! Lets go Reds! On on to Istanbul!
lfc4life

Postby Big Niall » Tue May 03, 2005 1:32 pm

Even though injuries played a part, I think rafa changed the team too much. Mourinho doesn't rest players often and hence they all know how to play together. That and Rafa's underestimation of certain teams and the physical nature of the english game have been his three big mistakes.

I think he wil not make the same ones next season.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion