A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:49 am

Oiiii, thats MY banner !! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:54 am

Wish I could had been there so I could put this on a banner:

"Chelsea-Now theres a club with tradition. 18 months of Abramovich's money and 1 cup in a 100 years."

Our fans were great, a shame that we didn't win today.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby liamac » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:12 am

Most people i know who arent Liverpool supporters all wanted us to win today  not because they hate Chelsea or particuarly like Liverpool .....my older brother wanted us to win and he is a Manc !! . Nope the reason why  evryone wanted us to win is because  Chelsea are doing a Blackburn Rovers , they are buying the league .
People may hate Arsenal or the Mancs , but  their teams have been built over time  and we all acknowledge and give grudging respect to them for that, But Chelsea is a like something from MFI ........prepacked and ready to assemble , their  "victory" is hollow , there is no basis , no respect  from anyone  grudging or otherwise .
We have nothing to feel bad about today ,  the  team played  their hearts out today bar one  (SG take note )  and should feel proud  , they had bad breaks and a ref obviously  pro Chlesea or easily influenced.
The thing is is that once Abramovich is arrested  by the Russians  ( their tax office wants to extradite him from England ) , Chelsea  will nose dive down the league as they try to off load all the expensive players.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 am

lets hope so liamac, Chlesea have always been a nothing club, no history or huge fan base.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:55 am

Every manager will sad or maybe cry (who knows only GOD knows) when the team played well but don’t win.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby stapo1000 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:28 am

If i were rafa i'd be optimistic about yesterdays game. Maybe we didn't win but we played excellent defence and our counter attack was very good. He can also take from it that we can perform well without gerrard should he go. We still have a good chance of going far in europe and getting 4th. There'll be plenty more finals and plenty more chances of glory. It just requires a bit more patience, time and hard work. What I saw in that game shows how good a manager rafa is.
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:49 am

all i can say is .. we lost in pride, when gerrard scores the own goal, i know is over, it is like all the hard work done before that goal, all came down to nothing, our players played well until that point of time, i still think that it is the lack of communciation which cause us the game. all three of our lads jump for the ball...
you can say that gerrard is unlucky, but i dun think he deserved to be the captain of liverpool;
1) when he conceded the own goal, he did not do anything for the team from the point onwards to make up for the mistake , he failed to inspire the team to come back.. he does not have that strong metalilty to win games.
2) the way he speaks to the media, abt liverpool will not win the champions league, just kills all the hope of the team.. it is like, when your captain say " we will not win" of cause the players will think the same way...
as the captain, he should believe the impossible. that is what makes liverpool so special, we believe we will win..
3) the way he gesture to his teammates when he doesn't get the ball he wanted.. like when morientes try to play him in ,but failed, he just make a stupid gesture, a captain should not have done that , been frustrated to his own players..
verdict: if gerrard thinks he is the king in liverpool, and that liverpool can't live without him, then he is truely wrong
"When you don't try hard, dun moans "
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Alanay » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:40 am

stmichael wrote:the ref today was completely conned by cole, duff, drogba and the rest of the diving ba$tards on their side. :angry:

Totally agreed dude. I thot Chelski has some value despite all of them are money $ucker. But it turned out they are con divers and narrow minded. They con everything to win. And worse, the Manager is sent off. That's how bloody ******* they are. Hopefully, Barcelona will put their CL dream to rest in the coming game. They don't deserve at all....
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:14 am

Well played lads...too bad we lost in most unsatisfactory circumstances. We definately weren't outplayed in anyway. However, I pray and hope that Rafa will not take the same game plan to Germany and set on defending a 2 goals lead...while I would love for us to grind out a result once in a while, it wouldn't be good if we go there with a negative game plan.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:49 am

For the way Rafa's commitment to LFC, he deserves every bit of last night's success. Rafa wanted to win this 1st trophy for the club very badly. It must have hurt him so much to missed it at the end.

For Liverpool FC to have a good and dedicated manager, the players should really help Rafa get success for the club. LFC are in the driving seat for the CL for our next leg.

Rafa will only come out stronger after last night. He will get the cups for the club and us fans.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:12 am

Rafa will only come out stronger after last night. He will get the cups for the club and us fans.

Spot on ! But not only him ... this is for the rest of the Liverpool players and supporters around the world . Better things will come , soon ! :)
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:02 pm

YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:18 pm

A.B. wrote:Image

Those photos you posted show a beautiful gesture.

When was that from, has to be from yesterday right?
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:19 pm

Found them on another forum and I think they are originaly from LFC.tv
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion