Rafa crying

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:38 pm

i am staying out of this thread
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:46 pm

lakes10 wrote:i am staying out of this thread

:D Thought you would Lakes but maybe you and my mum would get on great, Ive just had a big fight with her, she said hes not the right man for the job.
And now ive got major sucking up to do with her, we have just had a big argument over Rafa.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:04 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
lakes10 wrote:i am staying out of this thread

:D Thought you would Lakes but maybe you and my mum would get on great, Ive just had a big fight with her, she said hes not the right man for the job.
And now ive got major sucking up to do with her, we have just had a big argument over Rafa.

pmsl . i like her already lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:10 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Get a grip Ciggy ,
Denied a clear peno in the first half and an unfortunatre header from Gerrard with minutes to go cost us the game .
Thats footy . Heads up and walk on .

Ive got to say what cost us the game was being toitally out played in every position on the field.

BUT

Benitez knew what he was taking on, he will come good in the end.. c'mon Lynds, you feel bad now but we are rebuilding our team...  it was never only going to take one season.  Today just shows how far we have to climb
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:17 pm

I feel f@ckin awful now so awful im going to bed, its 8.15 I saved me weekend for this occasion for it to be ruined once again for Liverpool.
I had such a sh#t weekend aginst brum it only gets worse and worse.
Think I should start bein like a normal woman hating footie   :laugh:  and f@ck footie off its killing me I nearly died today :D
I was having panic attacks, oh well what will be will be. maybe our Liverpool will win something sometime hey in the near future lets hope hey.
Im going to bed ive had enough good night all god bless xxxxxxxxxxx
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:20 pm

me too. I am calling it a day...see you guys back here soon :)
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ronmeister » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:18 pm

I see where your coming from Cggy but just think in the summer he can offload all the people that wont play the way he wants and hopefully bring in more of his own squad but that brings us back to Investment and i dont wanna go there.Maybe the summer break he will be able to teach old dog's new tricks we can only hope i think the next preseason is gonna be one of the most important ever to LFC
ronmeister

Postby zarababe » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:30 pm

Hey .. read the post match interview..
Rafael Benitez feels his Liverpool side should have emerged triumphant from Sunday's Carling Cup final. 
The Reds crashed to a 3-2 defeat, despite holding the lead for 79 minutes until Steven Gerrard's unfortunate own goal gave the Londoners the impetus to go on and secure victory in extra time.

But Benitez feels his players had enough chances when the score was only 1-0 to kill the contest.

He said: "The result is a pity but I have told the players they must be proud of their performance.

"When you are 1-0 up and have one or two clear chances to score another goal then you must take it. If we'd scored from one of our chances then I think we would have won the game.

"It was difficult for us to control the game early on but once we reorganised the team I thought we did much better and matched them.

"Our defence worked hard and the goalkeeper played well. It was just a pity we let them back into the game in the manner we did. We were unlucky today.

"We have to analyse the game and look at things but I say again that the players must be proud of their performance. They had a good game."  LFC.tv

... he'll stay for the fight .. but the Board must find investors soon if we are gonna compete with the those currently above Everton ...
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby En1gma_LFC » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:52 pm

Hey this is my first post so i just thought id add my opinions to todays match. Everyone is saying that we were outplayed all over the pitch, which yeh we were, but credit has to be given to Benitez for the way he set the team out. It was clear that we wernt being 'PUSHED' back into defence, were clearly 'SITTING' there and askin them to show how good they were.He knew goin shot to shot with Chelsea's millions wouldn't work so he played it to get the early goal, sit back and hit them on the break. Stevie G was practically non-existent for most of the match for this reason. They have rolled over teams with alot stronger squads than ours who try goin shot to shot with them.15minutes longer and everyone would have been raving about what a great tactical performance it was by Rafa. Instead its one mistake and now we were outplayed all over the pitch?? If we had of taken the game to them im damn sure we wud have put in a much better performance but almost certainly lost like those before us. Everton have gone through the entire season playing the way we did today and people are saying how much of difference David Moyes has made. The way he played it today was supprising, but thinking about it, a damn good attempt. I was gutted at the end and cursing the way we played. But we were 15 mins away from winning bar from one mistake and 2 of the worst goals ive ever seen scored.lol. Head up lads. It was a cracking attempt. You'll Never Walk Alone.
En1gma_LFC

Postby Keano-16 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:24 pm

L'pool should've get it. I can't understand how you let it slip. I guess if you had Xabi, the story would've been different.
I obviously prefered chelski to loose because it would directly affect United, at the end of the day, you deserved it.
Keano-16

Postby coolsobs » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:42 pm

we defened really well and in true factthey didn't score against us in the 90 mins. Sittting back and holding a lead was something we previously could not do under Houllier but we looked like we could have pulled it off under rafa until stevie.....
coolsobs

Postby A.B. » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:44 pm

After we played them at Anfield we all felt robbed because simply they were not better than us. Considering that they are a team thats worth 200 million pounds they couldn't outplay a side that they are superior than on paper.

Today while they had more of the ball it took an own goal and 79 minutes of gameplay for them to get on the score sheet while it took us only 45 seconds.

We fought and fought, defended well under pressure, everything they threw at us we brushed it off as if it was nothing. The early goal we scored was a double edged sword. We thought that we could score another on a counter attack and we didn't want to conceed any so we defended deeply very deeply.

We could had hunged on had it not been for the own goal but thats not whats bothering us its the fact that our captain strolled around the pitch as if he didn't care. This is not just one game we're talking about, he's been playing poorely for two months. Every footballer goes through a bad form but I wouldn't be so criticial of Gerrard if he at least tried.

He's not going to try because he couldn't care less, he knows he's off in the summer.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:28 am

good on you Rafa mate, he truly shows passion and he knows what this club means to the fans. :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:43 am

what is the point in sitting back?, it was so frustrating watching us clear the ball straight back to chelsea. to me its simple, if they dont have the ball then thay cant score. it p!sses me off that we think we can defend for 90 minutes hoping to score on the break, when we do break forward we then have to stop because there is no one in the box. we should have put chelski on the back foot   :angry:
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:45 am

I'm proud of Rafa and Liverpool.

They gave everything they could today. The emotion in Rafa's voice showed how much he cares about Liverpool and he's hungry for success.

It took a team costing a fricking fortune bankrolled by a billionaire 79 minutes and extra time to beat a team that the media would have you believe stood no chance.

To Chelsea? I say, one Carling Cup does not make you great.

Now, we have to move on. We'll get that last CL place and we'll push as far as we can in this season's CL.

:grinning:  :)
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion