Rafa benitez - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:16 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:Rafa has no idea what his strongest side is and its becomming a problem!
Without Torres he NEEDS to play keane . . . If not for goals then just for his movement and assists.
Benayoun played well yesterday but IMO hes never gonna be good enough, So why does Rafa keep playing him?

Without Rotation we were looking great in the league . . But we all have to come to an agreement that Rafa cannot win us the league.

Hope he proves me wrong.

name me someone that will win us the league then?
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:Rafa has no idea what his strongest side is and its becomming a problem!
Without Torres he NEEDS to play keane . . . If not for goals then just for his movement and assists.
Benayoun played well yesterday but IMO hes never gonna be good enough, So why does Rafa keep playing him?

Without Rotation we were looking great in the league . . But we all have to come to an agreement that Rafa cannot win us the league.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Although we have obviously been through the "seen the light" phase, and have got ourselves to the top of the table at the same time (might be coincidence, who knows), it is my impression that we're beginning to see a little more styling in the league now. I don't keep stats on such things, but I have a feeling it started around the time we fortuitously beat Pompey at Home. I do recall that team was the first "styled" one we'd seen. Since then it seems to me we have seen some more odd selections. Insua doing a "now you see him now you don't" at Blackburn, Hyppia and Agger doing the hokey cokey, Keane playing hide and seek etc etc.

Probably the biggest factor in our bliiiiiiip is the fact that Torres is injured. Is the return to styling helping though? Nope.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Name me someone that will win us the league then?[/quote]

I know this game. Someone posts up a name "Mourinho!!" and then you say "ah feck off he's a clown, he bought the title at Chelsea". They come back with "Gus Hiddink" and you come back with "but he's already under contract at Quatar" or wherever the feck else he is these days.

We go round and around the houses, before eventually we all have to agree. Rafa is the only football manager on planet Earth who could get us into the Champions League each season before getting to the last eight where the competition proper starts.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 pm

Sorry forgot the disclaimer:- I AM NOT SAYING WE SHOULD GET RID OF THE MANAGER.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:27 pm

roberto green wrote:

Hope he proves me wrong.

I couldn't name one apart from a Mourinho . . . Think there are better managers in the Premier League at the minute like Ferguson and Wenger that know what it takes to win the Premier Leauge!

Its all there for Rafa at the minute, I feel we have a strong enough Squad . . . But he has to play his strongest side at all times!
*_Ruthless_*

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:29 pm

bigmick wrote:Name me someone that will win us the league then?

I know this game. Someone posts up a name "Mourinho!!" and then you say "ah feck off he's a clown, he bought the title at Chelsea". They come back with "Gus Hiddink" and you come back with "but he's already under contract at Quatar" or wherever the feck else he is these days.

We go round and around the houses, before eventually we all have to agree. Rafa is the only football manager on planet Earth who could get us into the Champions League each season before getting to the last eight where the competition proper starts.[/quote]
Good point,

all im trying to say is Rafa is the best we can have at this moment in time for the good of our club :cool:
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:34 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:
roberto green wrote:

Hope he proves me wrong.

I couldn't name one apart from a Mourinho . . . Think there are better managers in the Premier League at the minute like Ferguson and Wenger that know what it takes to win the Premier Leauge!

Its all there for Rafa at the minute, I feel we have a strong enough Squad . . . But he has to play his strongest side at all times!

to be honest mate you can't slam him for rotation this year it has partally been frsed with the torres injury and there is defo something up with Benitez and Keane(probally Rafa's stubbornes and to teach keane a lesson or something like that)but to say come to an agreement that rafa can't win us the league i don't think he will ever have a better chance!! :grinning:
roberto green

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:54 pm

but personally I don't believe the manager can take us any further and I don't for a second believe we have enough quality to win this league. Its United's league to throw away and thats the only chance I see us, (or Chelsea) for that matter of winning it. I actually think the standard of the league is so poor this year the likes of Villa and ourselves especially are benefitting from it immensley

Stopped reading at this point. It's just a sheer contradiction of terms to say that the league is so poor this season and that it's United's to throw away, when we are top of the league above them. Surely if the league is so poor, then United would be a step beyond us already, as they'd be sweeping teams aside as if they were nothing? They are dropping points, so are we. We beat them and Chelsea, hence that is why we are top. Simple as that. The table doesn't lie. We are better than them at this point. End of.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:58 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
but personally I don't believe the manager can take us any further and I don't for a second believe we have enough quality to win this league. Its United's league to throw away and thats the only chance I see us, (or Chelsea) for that matter of winning it. I actually think the standard of the league is so poor this year the likes of Villa and ourselves especially are benefitting from it immensley

Stopped reading at this point. It's just a sheer contradiction of terms to say that the league is so poor this season and that it's United's to throw away, when we are top of the league above them. Surely if the league is so poor, then United would be a step beyond us already, as they'd be sweeping teams aside as if they were nothing? They are dropping points, so are we. We beat them and Chelsea, hence that is why we are top. Simple as that. The table doesn't lie. We are better than them at this point. End of.

well said :bowdown
roberto green

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Emerald Red wrote:

Emerald that is such a simplistic way of looking at it I'd be surprised if you actually believe that. It doesn't take into any consideration whatsover where you've played on the road and against whom you've lined up.

IMHO it is a poorer Premiership this season than in previous years. Feck me if Mourinho's Chelsea which won the title two years running, or Arsenal's "invincible" team of four seasons back, or one of man Utd's better teams was in it, it'd be all over bar the shouting by now.

I don't know about it being "Man Utd's to lose", but there's absolutely no question they've had the hardest games up to now. It's not being disloyal, or a knee jerker to say that, it's simply stating the obvious.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Certain results have gone our way this season and that combined with us improving slightly has resulted in us going top. FFS As soon as we go top someone has to start saying its time for a change?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:07 pm

bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Emerald that is such a simplistic way of looking at it I'd be surprised if you actually believe that. It doesn't take into any consideration whatsover where you've played on the road and against whom you've lined up.

IMHO it is a poorer Premiership this season than in previous years. Feck me if Mourinho's Chelsea which won the title two years running, or Arsenal's "invincible" team of four seasons back, or one of man Utd's better teams was in it, it'd be all over bar the shouting by now.

I don't know about it being "Man Utd's to lose", but there's absolutely no question they've had the hardest games up to now. It's not being disloyal, or a knee jerker to say that, it's simply stating the obvious.

Or you could argue that the league has simply improved this season, with the smaller teams setting their stall out and getting stuck in to the so called giants of the Prem. Something has to give sooner or later, with us, United and Chelsea all spending big money. Perhaps price tags with ego's has softened teams? Look at the likes of Hull. Nothing to loose, all to gain and fair play to them I say. They've come to the Prem and shown no fear. Exactly how it should be and how it used to be. You can only play and beat what is in front of you, and more often than not, the big 4 are finding buses parked in front of their goals every home game. The siege mentality; David and Goliath. If they get a point, then they are well happy. People will argue that enough money spent with enough quality should be breaking teams that do this down. I say that all the money and talent in the world still doesn't give you the divine right to win. People say we've been lucky this season. I say we've adapted that never say die attitude that some of the belittled of the PL have taken up against us and it's put us in good stead.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm

bigmick wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

To be honest man u do have it to lose really,they have played ourselves,Chelsea,Arsenal,Man City and Everton all away and are there abouts with a game in hand.I think Villa are gonna end up in the top 4 at who's expence i'm not too sure.
roberto green

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm

I have fu.cking well seen it all now.

This place is full of absolute fuc.kin bellends.

Some of you people are a fuc.king joke.
Last edited by Leonmc0708 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:20 pm

*_Ruthless_* wrote:
roberto green wrote:

Hope he proves me wrong.

Let me get this right them two are better managers than Rafa yep. So whos the manager whos top of the league looking down on them two better managers .

An i didnt know this month was May cause thats what im gonna be looking at
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion