Rafa benitez - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:35 pm

Jesus christ....is beneitz lucky or what....

Bellamy scores against chelsea (0-1 west ham).... I knew we should have got rid of kuyt instead of bellamy..
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 pm

how do people know he will cost two million . And the guy is a massive risk . We can spend that money and then he gets injured and he is out for another season . The guy is 29 , his body is on its last legs in football terms .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:48 pm

GYBS wrote:how do people know he will cost two million . And the guy is a massive risk . We can spend that money and then he gets injured and he is out for another season . The guy is 29 , his body is on its last legs in football terms .

how do you know his body is on his last legs? so many great players are around his age including gerrard and carra should we sell them then?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Scottbot » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:08 pm

GYBS wrote:how do people know he will cost two million . And the guy is a massive risk . We can spend that money and then he gets injured and he is out for another season . The guy is 29 , his body is on its last legs in football terms .

I don't imagine he would be available for as little as £2 million to be honest, I imagine Spurs, Everton and Villa would all be interested so if he was to go in January, i'd expect the fee to be more in the region of £5-7 million. As for the question you ask about the risk of signing him for that type of money?

- At £2 million where is the risk? that's less than Josemi and Nunez cost the club.

- At £3-4 million that's less than Gonzalez cost the club.

- At £5-6 million that's less than Dossena and Lucas cost the club.

I don't see a risk. I can fully understand those who felt betrayed when he left the club for Madrid, particularly the circumstances in which he left, and that is their prerogative. BUT I can't see how anyone can cite football reasons for not bringing him back to the club? I don't think it will happen because Benitez would never play Owen and Torres together in the same side, it is not his way, and never will be. However, there is no doubt for me (and most I think) that Michael Owen IS AN UPGRADE ON EVERY FORWARD WE HAVE AT THE CLUB BAR TORRES. It's a fact.

The signing of Fowler a couple of years ago energized the crowd and woke up the Kop. Owen could have the same effect at a very timely stage of the season, not to mention the boost it would give to the likes of Gerrard, Carra and Sami. Although it's probably a moot point because, as Kinnear said he would rather keep the player and give themselves the best chance of avoiding relegation and his words 'what price do you put on safety?'.I don't think he will go anywhere unless someone comes in with a decent bid or he throws his toys out of the pram.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:09 pm

bigmick wrote:Quite what the thinking is behind such a theory I can't be sure, perhaps it works a treat in Spain where players celebrate with such passion when they score it could be that they need a rest in the next fixture so emotionally draining is the whole experience.

:wwww  ...........  haha.....nice one.

Anyway...i like to add one more point about benitez. He also has a tendency to replace players with ones who are not better (and in some cases even worse).

Top of my head :

1)Riise/Dossena - Sells Riise for 4 million and buys dossena for 8 million .... The less i talk about this the better.... i am absolutely baffled by this business.

2)Finnan/Deggen - Gets rid of finnan when we only have arbeloa as our recognised right back and signs deggen..... I don't wanna talk about deggen as i already had reservations about him when we were linked with him (can't believe benitez wanted to go on a war with the owners for this player).

Why get rid of finnan ? Yes he is 32. But he is still a premier league quality right back. I don't think we got much for him anyway.

If finnan was still here...then we got still have a capable defence with arbeloa as a left back...ah well.

3) Guthrie/Lucas - We buy lucas for about 8 million pounds when we already have guthrie on our books. And now look at how Guthrie is playing for newcastle ? He has become a premier league quality player already. If he keeps improving, he would become a very good player indeed. He just scored a screamer for newcastle against pompey tonight.

Just makes you imagine does it ? How many of the local lads who could be good enough if they were given as much time as lucas ..... but just because they don't cost 8 million (lucas)....2 million (ngog).....6 million (benayoun), they are not given enough games to develop ...

if there is another gerrard/owen/fowler (world class) in the reserves or u19s...they will come up to the 1st team no matter who is the manager....but its players like the carra & warnock (premierleague quality players). Do you think these players will come up with benitez is still the manager ?

4)Smicer/Zenden - Beneitz gets rid of Smicer and then goes to sign Zenden who isn't an improvement over smicer. So why get rid of Smicer in the 1st place ? Isn't it better to have someone who is familar with the club then signing someone who have to adjust ? (and since he isn't an improvement over the player he is replacing)....IMO Smicer is a better player than zenden.

5)Cisse/Kuyt - Say whatever you want about cisse.....yeah he isn't really a player who would play in a team going for league titles but he scored 19 goals from right midfield..... And we replace him with Kuyt ?And then look where is Kuyt playing now for us... Now compare Cisse's performance as a right winger with Kuyt's ...

I agree Cisse (and Kuyt)  are not players to have in a title winning team... If you ask me i wouldn't even have signed both of them....But if you wanna get rid of cisse...at least replace him with someone better... I thought Cisse had a bad 1st touch. But like someone mentioned...Kuyt can trap a ball further than he can kick it....  :p

Sh1t.......chelsea have equalised.....
Last edited by The_Rock on Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

how do you know his body is on his last legs? so many great players are around his age including gerrard and carra should we sell them then?

do you have a clue about anything ? Owen has spent the last 3/4 seasons injured . His knees are fecked , his hamstrings are gone as well . He hardly trains cause his body is fecked . He pretty much like what kewell . Got nothing to do with his age you muppet
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:33 pm

GYBS wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:

do you have a clue about anything ? Owen has spent the last 3/4 seasons injured . His knees are fecked , his hamstrings are gone as well . He hardly trains cause his body is fecked . He pretty much like what kewell . Got nothing to do with his age you muppet

are you his physio now? well might as well sell Torres hasnt he been injured 3 times already?

whenever posters give an opinion you would just come on, and question. its question after question and if you've got nothing better to contribute then STFU. you dont discuss, you just ask them silly questions the time and you're one hell of an annoying little pr!ck.

and now ive done the exact same thing you do to others and you get all riled up soldier. tell you what, you're not worth 2 middle fingers, so i shant bother replying to your next replies as its all so predictable. just like rafa taking babel off for riera.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:40 pm

jesus you dont have a clue do you . Put your dummy back in , put your toys back into the cot , and grow up . And trust me someone as childish as you is the last person to get me riled up but i expect their is steam coming out of your ears and your hitting that keyboard really hard in a temper tantrum . You best stop or your mum wont let you have your milk before bedtime story time .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:43 pm

GYBS wrote:jesus you dont have a clue do you . Put your dummy back in , put your toys back into the cot , and grow up . And trust me someone as childish as you is the last person to get me riled up but i expect their is steam coming out of your ears and your hitting that keyboard really hard in a temper tantrum . You best stop or your mum wont let you have your milk before bedtime story time .

listen you b@stard, dont mention family. if you're so great try saying that to my face you fecking cun+t. i'll smash your teeth through the back of your neck you f*ckface.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:52 pm

its an internet forum you plonk not real life . Get a grip ffs .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:57 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
GYBS wrote:jesus you dont have a clue do you . Put your dummy back in , put your toys back into the cot , and grow up . And trust me someone as childish as you is the last person to get me riled up but i expect their is steam coming out of your ears and your hitting that keyboard really hard in a temper tantrum . You best stop or your mum wont let you have your milk before bedtime story time .

listen you b@stard, dont mention family. if you're so great try saying that to my face you fecking cun+t. i'll smash your teeth through the back of your neck you f*ckface.

:laugh:

Calm down eh
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:08 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:

:laugh:  :D  :laugh: Don't know why it made me laugh till I had tears rolling down me cheeks but it did. Calm down though fellas, and do be aware that you you never know one day you might actually run into each other. The other fella might look entirely different in the flesh to what you imagine  :;):
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *_Ruthless_* » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:12 pm

Rafa has no idea what his strongest side is and its becomming a problem!
Without Torres he NEEDS to play keane . . . If not for goals then just for his movement and assists.
Benayoun played well yesterday but IMO hes never gonna be good enough, So why does Rafa keep playing him?

Without Rotation we were looking great in the league . . But we all have to come to an agreement that Rafa cannot win us the league.

Hope he proves me wrong.
*_Ruthless_*

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:14 pm

The rock you should change your font color it's not easy on the eyes.
Zidane

Postby roberto green » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:14 pm

let's just hope this civil war doesn't get out it could really dent our title credentials:laugh: :laugh: :D
roberto green

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion