Rafa benitez - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Number 9 wrote:Of course Rafa wanted Keane ffs its daft to suggest otherwise.And at the time the vast majority on here seemed made up.In fact off the top of my head the only two posters I can remember saying the thought he would be a flop are Ciggy and Leon.
Is he a flop?...well only a liar would say up until now he's been anything else but a flop.
But that does not mean he cannot come good,he's a quality player.

There are I'm sure things going on behind the scenes between him and Rafa.I think Rafa has pulled him aside and said,listen take a couple off weeks out and get your head right,we have Torres coming back soon,you'se can play together and make it work.
To me Keanes sheer desperation and frustration on the pitch at times was embarrassing.He was trying way to hard and it just was'nt happening.
Maybe the couple of weeks off will do him good and he can start over and be the player he is,cause the vast majority of his performances up until now have been light years from what he is capable of.There have been one or two glimpses,the two goals in a game and the two inch perfect balls he played in another that had commentators raving and even managed something near a compliment from some on here that were on his back.

But at the end of the day Rafa chose him because he has been fantastic at Spurs and felt he would fit right in..to say Parry brought him in is a joke!

What about me!!!!!!  I got the abusive PM'S off you at the time mate, don't forget me now  :D
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:41 pm

Number 9 wrote:But at the end of the day Rafa chose him because he has been fantastic at Spurs and felt he would fit right in..to say Parry brought him in is a joke!

Good post Baz and I just picked out this bit. Although I agree that he was entirely Rafa's signing, I'm not quite writing him off just yet as i think Keane is a really good player.

The most frustrating part for me is that while Robbie will obviously struggle to get a game when Torres is fit, this period now where he isn't is PRECISELY what we shelled out 20 million quid for. FFS if Keane can't even get a game when we haven't got any other strikers then why did we (or Rafa) buy him then? Now that truly is madness.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 pm

s@int wrote:
Number 9 wrote:Of course Rafa wanted Keane ffs its daft to suggest otherwise.And at the time the vast majority on here seemed made up.In fact off the top of my head the only two posters I can remember saying the thought he would be a flop are Ciggy and Leon.
Is he a flop?...well only a liar would say up until now he's been anything else but a flop.

There are I'm sure things going on behind the scenes between him and Rafa.I think Rafa has pulled him aside and said,listen take a couple off weeks out and get your head right,we have Torres coming back soon,you'se can play together and make it work.
To me Keanes sheer desperation and frustration on the pitch at times was embarrassing.He was trying way to hard and it just was'nt happening.
Maybe the couple of weeks off will do him good and he can start over and be the player he is,cause the vast majority of his performances up until now have been light years from what he is capable of.There have been one or two glimpses,the two goals in a game and the two inch perfect balls he played in another that had commentators raving and even managed something near a compliment from some on here that were on his back.

But at the end of the day Rafa chose him because he has been fantastic at Spurs and felt he would fit right in..to say Parry brought him in is a joke!

What about me!!!!!!  I got the abusive PM'S off you at the time mate, don't forget me now  :D

Sorry mate..
And Saint as well and Ciggy and Leon!(there ya go)

I did say off the top of may head..I should have said when sober! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 pm

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Sorry mate..

To be fair mate, I have always thought he's a good player. Just not £20million's worth and not the type of player we really needed.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 pm

bigmick wrote:
Number 9 wrote:But at the end of the day Rafa chose him because he has been fantastic at Spurs and felt he would fit right in..to say Parry brought him in is a joke!

Good post Baz and I just picked out this bit. Although I agree that he was entirely Rafa's signing, I'm not quite writing him off just yet as i think Keane is a really good player.

The most frustrating part for me is that while Robbie will obviously struggle to get a game when Torres is fit, this period now where he isn't is PRECISELY what we shelled out 20 million quid for. FFS if Keane can't even get a game when we haven't got any other strikers then why did we (or Rafa) buy him then? Now that truly is madness.

Agreed mate.He was bought to play alongside Nando.
And we have been sh'it outta luck there cause they've barely had a chance to gel.
As I said I'd love to know how things would be upfront IF Nando had stayed fit.(Im not making excuses for anything or anyone BTW,just simply wondering if things would be different)

IMO two of the most intelligent players in the league,and if ya put that together,they both stay fit sooner or later theres a spark!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:03 pm

This reminds me of the Anelka saga when Chelsea bought him back in January. He struggled to make an impact, to score goals and there were talks about him leaving. Then the season starts, he stays and he has found his goal scoring touch again with Chelsea. Keane can do the same! Rafa knows it, he shelled 20m for him, I do think he wanted him not anyone else. Its all about giving the lad some confidence and he can recuperate his Spurs form. Its up to the manager to do that.

Barry, I think it would have been a very different situation with Torres staying fit. I think they would have had the sufficient time to settle in together and understand each other on the pitch. Then, again it goes back to the manager's hand to give a run in of games together and not rotate the system each game.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:14 pm

metalhead wrote:This reminds me of the Anelka saga when Chelsea bought him back in January. He struggled to make an impact, to score goals and there were talks about him leaving. Then the season starts, he stays and he has found his goal scoring touch again with Chelsea. Keane can do the same! Rafa knows it, he shelled 20m for him, I do think he wanted him not anyone else. Its all about giving the lad some confidence and he can recuperate his Spurs form. Its up to the manager to do that.

Barry, I think it would have been a very different situation with Torres staying fit. I think they would have had the sufficient time to settle in together and understand each other on the pitch. Then, again it goes back to the manager's hand to give a run in of games together and not rotate the system each game.

Yeah MH I think things would be a lot different,but you have to take injuries on the chin.At the end of the season all teams have suffered them and they are not an excuse for lack of success.

As for the run of games thing,again I agree if both are fit both start and LFC play 4-4-2.Home to Bolton or away to UTD it does'nt matter a fu'ck.If your opponents are playing 4-5-1 So what,let them worry about us having an extra man up top then.

I would love Rafa just to do that,just throw his balls out in the second half of the season and go for it.Pick a team and stick with it until his hand is forced or someones knackered.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:17 pm

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Sorry mate..

Meaning you'd have never said it? :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Yeh mate, the thing is, Rafa has been changing the system to 4-4-2 to 4-5-1, then back to 4-4-2! thats not helping at all! just keep a settled system, play your best and inform players (don't play someone just for him to get a game) and we will be winning it in no time  :)

Hopefully when Torres is back, we would see more of a keane-torres lineup.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Sorry mate..

For a man with no sense of humour that was good Stu! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Sorry mate..

For a man with no sense of humour that was good Stu! :laugh:

fecking love it! it must be xmas time.  :laugh:
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Just read we're trying to swap Pennant and 7m for Lennon?  That's ridiculous lol.
Zidane

Postby redhayesy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:43 pm

source? ???
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:45 pm

Is it? What has Pennant even done this season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:46 pm

redhayesy wrote:source? ???

Telegraph and various other papers.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext