What LEvel ?

What Team ?

What LEague ?

The League

Disclaimer:

HOULIHANS VC* *3 points deducted for misconduct

Houlihans VC is NOT Stu's team.

:laugh:

I drink in there ha, the houlihans VC is what i mean by the way.

And the league isnt that bad either  :D

I've played in there a few times in a band...

...thats the one with the concert room upstairs and all the pictures of the celebraties up the staircase wall?? Stan Boardman etc etc

It is upstairs mate yeah in Claughton village Birkenhead, but arent you from leeds or somewhere ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 pm

Stu , it seems to me mate ,that your looking for perfection . Maybe with all you've learned regarding football ,your just looking for the perfect manager . As you well know ,you ain't gonna get it mate . Even the greats had there flaws and made mistakes . So if your expecting rafa to do everything the waY you've learned it should be done ,it's not going to happen . THe thing is stu , rafa is human and is prone to the same human flaws as me and you . He is going to do it his way or he will be sacked . It's that simple mate , your to obsessed with the way it should be done in your opinion , rather than looking at the bigger picture . Enjoy the ride mate and see where it takes us . To much knowledge can feck you up mate and can leave your brain haddled . Just enjoy it for what it is .  It's defo more exciting this season  don't yer think?
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:10 pm

yeah but we play all over europe mate :D  I've played there 4 time in total, it's on a corner used to be opposite a petrol station but i think that may have gone now. Pub acroos the road - always battling outside.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Check out this load of disrespectful nonsense:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpo....2493899

Benitez should remember a few basic elements
Dec 17 2008 by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Daily Post

SINGLE-MINDED, self-assured and confident?

Or bloody-minded, stubborn and unbending? My suspicions that Rafa’s thought processes might have been slightly disturbed by his minor car accident on Thursday were first aroused by his uncharacteristic declaration that we were 80% certain to win the League if we were still top at Christmas.

Such precise calculations brought predictable derision, recalling the pronouncements of the ridiculed ex-FA coaching guru Charles Hughes and his Positions of Maximum Opportunity.

My concerns were heightened by aspects of the team selection, which showed definite evidence of short (and indeed long) term memory loss. No problem, let’s just remind Rafa of a few basic things he’s clearly forgotten.

One: DIrk Kuyt cannot play centre-forward.

A quick viewing of the 2007 Champions League Final will soon confirm this, or indeed any other of the matches in which this has been tried. You converted Dirk into an effective, workhorse winger, you’re just confusing him now. Two: We don’t need two holding midfield players at home against Hull. Especially if one of them looks as if he’s still not sure whether he’s in Beijing, Buenos Aires or Bolton. Leave one out, and we can then play two forwards – simple maths.

Three: We have one £20m+ striker injured; but we do have another one.

Omitting Robbie Keane in Torres’ absence, and after his promising second-half performance in Eindhoven, suggested that he was confusing him with Peter Crouch. Unlikely I know, but hey, concussion is a funny thing.

If we needed any further evidence that Rafa’s thinking was clouded, it was delivered in spades as the afternoon wore on.

This might not have immediately been discernible to the untutored eye, given that his substitutions have shown aberrant behaviour in the past, but seasoned Kopites will have spotted that the replacements effected in the second-half defied any rational explanation. Nevertheless, Rafa attempted one after the match. We needed to bring on the wingers, he explained, so we could get round the back of their defence.

Plausible enough, until you realise that you still need someone to bang the crosses into the net. Even if the manfully striving Kuyt was not to be sacrificed, how about putting on another forward (the aforementioned £20m+ striker) to capitalise on them?

As opposed to another midfield player attempting to pass their way through the middle? You see how the delusional can rationalise their actions, until you start to pick apart their reasoning? Tony Hill from Wire in the Blood would have spotted it.

So the best thing for all concerned will be to leave the manager in a darkened room for a little while, perhaps applying some gentle massage to the bump on his head, and shooing away the cartoon sparrows twittering round it. Normal service will soon be restored, and Rafa will rediscover his sense of adventure and trust the judgement he exercised when spending £20m just four months ago, rather than the warped variety he exhibited on Saturday.

And the unfortunate lady who collided with him last Thursday might be well advised to retain the services of the City’s finest legal eagle, lest she find herself the object of 40,000 claims of consequential damage to our title hopes.

....................................................................................

My answer is that Rafa does it his way and isn't influenced by what you, me or the Daily Post thinks he should be doing. That's the way I like it and it sets him apart from the crowd, in my opinion.

Why isn't Scholari playing Drogba every week up front with Anelka? It could be because Scholari is stubborn and doesn't know the basics about football, or there may be a more rational explanation? Why hasn't Wenger brought a decent central midfielder and a centre half yet? He's obviously clueless???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:29 pm

stmichael wrote:Omitting Robbie Keane in Torres’ absence, and after his promising second-half performance in Eindhoven, suggested that he was confusing him with Peter Crouch. Unlikely I know, but hey, concussion is a funny thing.

Don't read too much into ANY performances against PSV. They were poor, they are poor. So poor we brought on three kids including one as CB. And PSV are currently NINE points behind AZ Alkmaar in Eredivisie after just fifteen games. Even McClown's FC Twente are FOUR points ahead of PSV. PSV drew away to Vitesse on Sunday, Vitesse were second bottom on a mere 11 points before that result.

So a number of players played well, but PSV were the worst team in our group by far.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:31 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
we all dream... wrote:Surely your argument should be he shouldnt be signing these poor players in the first place....?

I have been worried with some of the decisions recently... im looking at things in the present and near future... we are looking ok im happy, we are not playing brilliant but we are showing the potential.

I believe Rafa will turn it around and push us up the league and get us back into that title challenge... hang on a minute.

Well i am not that stupid to think that managers wont make mistakes when signing players.

Rafa so far has shipped out some of his poorer signings quicker than past managers, but there are certain players that he hasnt, who he still selects and then leaves on when playing badly to the detriment of the team.
Lucas and Kuyt are two that are obvious.

Before someone tells me Kuyt is having a good season etc, what i mean is that he still at times is left on when he shouldnt be, when we need something different, he is never taken off.

Can you not see that his "persistence" with Kuyt last season has paid off this season ?

Maybe Rafa is hoping for the same with Lucas ?

This is what i mean by looking for positives when he doesnt deserve them...imo that is.

Kuyt when moved to the right looked a better player, as a striker he has been tried so many times and let the side down.
He should never be used there on his own in the 4-5-1 system.
It wasnt Rafa playing him relentlessly as a striker that made him perform better on the right surely you dont think that ?

In my opinion (and footballs all about them by the way) he deserves to be cut some slack at times.

Istanbul, the FA Cup, and some of the places like Juve, Inter and the like where I have enjoyed some masterful displays in hte last four years mean I will err on the side of caution before giving the guy down the banks.

Us being top of the league right now, finishing top of the Champions League group and being one of the most feared names in the hat for the draw next week mean I think he deserves some slck right now.

He is not infallable, and not beyond criticism - as I have stated here recently, Saturday he should of replaced Kuyt with KEane, or a full back with KEane to go two up top. He also gets on my ti.ts a little with the changing of the team at times.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Stu , it seems to me mate ,that your looking for perfection . Maybe with all you've learned regarding football ,your just looking for the perfect manager . As you well know ,you ain't gonna get it mate . Even the greats had there flaws and made mistakes . So if your expecting rafa to do everything the waY you've learned it should be done ,it's not going to happen . THe thing is stu , rafa is human and is prone to the same human flaws as me and you . He is going to do it his way or he will be sacked . It's that simple mate , your to obsessed with the way it should be done in your opinion , rather than looking at the bigger picture . Enjoy the ride mate and see where it takes us . To much knowledge can feck you up mate and can leave your brain haddled . Just enjoy it for what it is .  It's defo more exciting this season  don't yer think?

Igor that is a great post :D

Nobody can be 100% happy at the moment but to risk the wrath of many we are top of the league
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:38 pm

And I recall a quote by somebody about wanting a lucky manager :D

We scrape a draw with Hull and the others draw as well
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:39 pm

There are many know-all journalist somewhere, but really they don´t have a clue. Now it seems that keane was the saviour for the Hull game...hilarious.
And top of that the journalist hadn´t the balls to sign the article with his name.
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:40 pm

A quick viewing of the 2007 Champions League Final will soon confirm this, or indeed any other of the matches in which this has been tried. You converted Dirk into an effective, workhorse winger, you’re just confusing him now. Two: We don’t need two holding midfield players at home against Hull. Especially if one of them looks as if he’s still not sure whether he’s in Beijing, Buenos Aires or Bolton. Leave one out, and we can then play two forwards – simple maths

And this journo is paid for writing such things?  :D

And this journo considers talking about Rafa's memory losses decent journalism, as he forgets that we have played well with our 3 best midfielders?

Has this journo forgotten the excellent football Mascherano made since the minute he came?

What a heap of cráp!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:So do fans know more than managers now ? Fans see the players every single day during training ? Fans get the inputs from the coaches ? Is the crowd a better judge than managers ?

Who knows more? Forty thousand people or one man?

If you are going to continue to spout bullsh.it then I almost feel obligated to call you up on every thing. Its not hard to find holes in every single post that you make btw:

One educated/experienced/well-informed man does, and i will tell you why.

How many jellybeans are in a jar? The first thing that you would ask is what number other people guessed, once you know what other people have guessed you would restate your guess taking into account the group guess.

The estimate of many will average out near the mark if people are act according to Bayesian decision theory, which would mean that all judgement must be made independent of others (ie without knowing what others guessed). This applies whether you are talking about how many jelly beans you have in a jar or how good a player is.

Since negative people like yourself to go on and on about certain scapegoats (Lucas, Rafa) to the point that masses are fooled it is highly likely that the average opinion of 40,000 is less accurate than Rafa's.
Last edited by Espionage on Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:46 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:Stu , it seems to me mate ,that your looking for perfection . Maybe with all you've learned regarding football ,your just looking for the perfect manager . As you well know ,you ain't gonna get it mate . Even the greats had there flaws and made mistakes . So if your expecting rafa to do everything the waY you've learned it should be done ,it's not going to happen . THe thing is stu , rafa is human and is prone to the same human flaws as me and you . He is going to do it his way or he will be sacked . It's that simple mate , your to obsessed with the way it should be done in your opinion , rather than looking at the bigger picture . Enjoy the ride mate and see where it takes us . To much knowledge can feck you up mate and can leave your brain haddled . Just enjoy it for what it is .  It's defo more exciting this season  don't yer think?

Best post I've read in a while
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
we all dream... wrote:Surely your argument should be he shouldnt be signing these poor players in the first place....?

I have been worried with some of the decisions recently... im looking at things in the present and near future... we are looking ok im happy, we are not playing brilliant but we are showing the potential.

I believe Rafa will turn it around and push us up the league and get us back into that title challenge... hang on a minute.

Well i am not that stupid to think that managers wont make mistakes when signing players.

Rafa so far has shipped out some of his poorer signings quicker than past managers, but there are certain players that he hasnt, who he still selects and then leaves on when playing badly to the detriment of the team.

Before someone tells me Kuyt is having a good season etc, what i mean is that he still at times is left on when he shouldnt be, when we need something different, he is never taken off.

Can you not see that his "persistence" with Kuyt last season has paid off this season ?

This is what i mean by looking for positives when he doesnt deserve them...imo that is.

Kuyt when moved to the right looked a better player, as a striker he has been tried so many times and let the side down.
It wasnt Rafa playing him relentlessly as a striker that made him perform better on the right surely you dont think that ?

In my opinion (and footballs all about them by the way) he deserves to be cut some slack at times.

Istanbul, the FA Cup, and some of the places like Juve, Inter and the like where I have enjoyed some masterful displays in hte last four years mean I will err on the side of caution before giving the guy down the banks.

Us being top of the league right now, finishing top of the Champions League group and being one of the most feared names in the hat for the draw next week mean I think he deserves some slck right now.

He is not infallable, and not beyond criticism - as I have stated here recently, Saturday he should of replaced Kuyt with KEane, or a full back with KEane to go two up top. He also gets on my ti.ts a little with the changing of the team at times.

Cant disagree with that Leon.

He probably does deserve some slack at times, and i dont think any can deny that he has given us some of the best times.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Cant disagree with that Leon.

He probably does deserve some slack at times, and i dont think any can deny that he has given us some of the best times.

Yeah, but whilst we are top of the league and top of the Champions LEague group, fu.ck the slack I wwant the guy hung drawn and quartered.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:12 pm

Espionage wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:So do fans know more than managers now ? Fans see the players every single day during training ? Fans get the inputs from the coaches ? Is the crowd a better judge than managers ?

Who knows more? Forty thousand people or one man?

If you are going to continue to spout bullsh.it then I almost feel obligated to call you up on every thing. Its not hard to find holes in every single post that you make btw:

One educated/experienced/well-informed man does, and i will tell you why.

How many jellybeans are in a jar? The first thing that you would ask is what number other people guessed, once you know what other people have guessed you would restate your guess taking into account the group guess.

The estimate of many will average out near the mark if people are act according to Bayesian decision theory, which would mean that all judgement must be made independent of others (ie without knowing what others guessed). This applies whether you are talking about how many jelly beans you have in a jar or how good a player is.

Since negative people like yourself to go on and on about certain scapegoats (Lucas, Rafa) to the point that masses are fooled it is highly likely that the average opinion of 40,000 is less accurate than Rafa's.

:nod
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion