Rafa benitez - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:50 pm

supersub wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Spending £100,000,000 on a team that finish on 82 points and managing to take them backwards?

backwards from where ???

82 points and FA Cup to 70 odd points and no cups...

We finished with 82 points that season and looked a side with a team. Last season, we didn't look a team. This sesaon we're starting to look a team again, but we're still lacking alot of quality in areas.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
supersub wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:Spending £100,000,000 on a team that finish on 82 points and managing to take them backwards?

backwards from where ???

We finished with 82 points that season and looked a side with a team. Last season, we didn't look a team. This sesaon we're starting to look a team again, but we're still lacking alot of quality in areas.

What LEvel ?

What Team ?

What LEague ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Getting close to being halfway - why arent we good enough to win it if we are good enough to be top at the moment ? How are we managing to be top if we arent good enough ?

Where have i said you dont know what your talking about ? im just saying you have no way of knowing we arent good enough until the end of the season cause at the moment we are top which shows us we are good enough to win it and thats without the best striker in europe being injured so surely when he is back we will only get better ? the other teams have made mistakes and dropped points - so have we ?

Man utd - a lucky goal ? how many times have united beaten us by a lucky goal ? we still won and dominated the game
Chelsea - Who cares how it went it - we still deserved to win the game and we did .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:54 pm

GYBS wrote:Getting close to being halfway - why arent we good enough to win it if we are good enough to be top at the moment ? How are we managing to be top if we arent good enough ?

Where have i said you dont know what your talking about ? im just saying you have no way of knowing we arent good enough until the end of the season cause at the moment we are top which shows us we are good enough to win it and thats without the best striker in europe being injured so surely when he is back we will only get better ? the other teams have made mistakes and dropped points - so have we ?

Man utd - a lucky goal ? how many times have united beaten us by a lucky goal ? we still won and dominated the game
Chelsea - Who cares how it went it - we still deserved to win the game and we did .

:laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
supersub wrote:

backwards from where ???

other teams in the league have improved yet we are still up in the top 4 and challenging - the season after Rafa got us to the Final of the CL and rotated in the league to enable us to play our strongest in the CL - its not always cut and dry .

Who out of those players from that year should we off kept then ?

kewell ?
Sissoko ?
Morientis ?
Cisse ?
Crouch ?

And its no surprise that we finished great in the legaue that year due to us being knocked out of the CL early to enable us to concentrate on the League
Last edited by GYBS on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Fo Dne wrote:If we win the league (even by luck), I'll gladly post a naked picture of myself saying Sorry Rafa Benitez! Hows that? :laugh:

stu after tottenham home game
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:55 pm

we all dream... wrote:Surely your argument should be he shouldnt be signing these poor players in the first place....?

I have been worried with some of the decisions recently... im looking at things in the present and near future... we are looking ok im happy, we are not playing brilliant but we are showing the potential.

I believe Rafa will turn it around and push us up the league and get us back into that title challenge... hang on a minute.

Well i am not that stupid to think that managers wont make mistakes when signing players.

Rafa so far has shipped out some of his poorer signings quicker than past managers, but there are certain players that he hasnt, who he still selects and then leaves on when playing badly to the detriment of the team.
Lucas and Kuyt are two that are obvious.

Before someone tells me Kuyt is having a good season etc, what i mean is that he still at times is left on when he shouldnt be, when we need something different, he is never taken off.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:56 pm

stu the sloppy w@nker
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:57 pm

Sabre wrote:
What LEvel ?

What Team ?

What LEague ?

The League

Disclaimer:

HOULIHANS VC* *3 points deducted for misconduct

Houlihans VC is NOT Stu's team.

I drink in there ha, the houlihans VC is what i mean by the way.

And the league isnt that bad either  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
we all dream... wrote:Surely your argument should be he shouldnt be signing these poor players in the first place....?

I have been worried with some of the decisions recently... im looking at things in the present and near future... we are looking ok im happy, we are not playing brilliant but we are showing the potential.

I believe Rafa will turn it around and push us up the league and get us back into that title challenge... hang on a minute.

Well i am not that stupid to think that managers wont make mistakes when signing players.

Rafa so far has shipped out some of his poorer signings quicker than past managers, but there are certain players that he hasnt, who he still selects and then leaves on when playing badly to the detriment of the team.

Before someone tells me Kuyt is having a good season etc, what i mean is that he still at times is left on when he shouldnt be, when we need something different, he is never taken off.

Can you not see that his "persistence" with Kuyt last season has paid off this season ?

Maybe Rafa is hoping for the same with Lucas ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
GYBS wrote:Getting close to being halfway - why arent we good enough to win it if we are good enough to be top at the moment ? How are we managing to be top if we arent good enough ?

So basically when someone comes up with an opinion which is different to yours your just going to post a smiley as opposed to being mature and debating ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:

yeah sometimes im pretty sure Kuyt does stay on longer than he should but maybe thats cause a lot of times he pops up with something towards the end of the game - Lucas has also come on a few times and done well - yeah there is times when he shouldnt of come on but i think the majority of the time rafa gets it right .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Sabre wrote:
What LEvel ?

What Team ?

What LEague ?

The League

Disclaimer:

I've played in there a few times in a band...

...thats the one with the concert room upstairs and all the pictures of the celebraties up the staircase wall?? Stan Boardman etc etc
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Sabre wrote:
What LEvel ?

What Team ?

What LEague ?

The League

Disclaimer:

It has international impact. I watch the results every week :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Can you not see that his "persistence" with Kuyt last season has paid off this season ?

Maybe Rafa is hoping for the same with Lucas ?

This is what i mean by looking for positives when he doesnt deserve them...imo that is.

Kuyt when moved to the right looked a better player, as a striker he has been tried so many times and let the side down.
He should never be used there on his own in the 4-5-1 system.
It wasnt Rafa playing him relentlessly as a striker that made him perform better on the right surely you dont think that ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion