Rafa benitez - My thoughts

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Petar » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:34 am

babu wrote:
Petar wrote:Many of you are crazy! Rafael Benitez screwwed our chance for winning the title,when we did not beat stoke,fulham,west ham,hull. If we won at least 3 games of these 4(which we should),we would be in chance. Now it is very difficult cause further mistakes are very likeable.
Really,he has so many weaknesess as a manager...

Buying players-he is absolute joke in that category... I don`t know what he is looking when he wants new player. I think that he doesn`t want good,skillfull player. In first place,it is workrate,which  can not be our only force if we want to win the league.

Substitutions-well,obvioulsy...

Tactics-How he can be the best tactician in the world if he can not realise how to beat 10 men who parked the bus. for four seasons.HOW? I would for example HAVE 2 FORWARDS AGAINST HULL AND WOULDN`T HAVE 2 HOLDING MIDFIELDERS AND THAT`S JUST A START!

STUBBORN-yes and too much

rotation-he don`t use it anymore and we are better team. I wonder what would happen if he could get rid of other weaknessess

Go back to redcafe or where-ever you came from please.

oh,please,oh please,fukc me,fukc me,oh yes... you sound like a fagg
Petar

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:41 am

Petar wrote:
babu wrote:
Petar wrote:Many of you are crazy! Rafael Benitez screwwed our chance for winning the title,when we did not beat stoke,fulham,west ham,hull. If we won at least 3 games of these 4(which we should),we would be in chance. Now it is very difficult cause further mistakes are very likeable.

Buying players-he is absolute joke in that category... I don`t know what he is looking when he wants new player. I think that he doesn`t want good,skillfull player. In first place,it is workrate,which  can not be our only force if we want to win the league.

Tactics-How he can be the best tactician in the world if he can not realise how to beat 10 men who parked the bus. for four seasons.HOW? I would for example HAVE 2 FORWARDS AGAINST HULL AND WOULDN`T HAVE 2 HOLDING MIDFIELDERS AND THAT`S JUST A START!

rotation-he don`t use it anymore and we are better team. I wonder what would happen if he could get rid of other weaknessess

Go back to redcafe or where-ever you came from please.

oh,please,oh please,fukc me,fukc me,oh yes... you sound like a fagg

:laugh: i thought you only came out when it got dark. Who opened the lid.

BTW ive had me medicine :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:49 am

Petar wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Skill, Knowledge, Beleif and Motivation - the four key areas for performace of individuals.

Lucas clearly has plenty of skill, and the level of knowlege to be a success at the club, he simply needed some self beleif and the motivation to see that the manager will bring off Mascherano, arguably the best midfielder of his type on the planet off and entrust Lucas with the running of the midfield.

:laugh:

Unbelievable!

hahahaLucas has skills,hahahahha... If Lucas has skills,Carragher is fukcin Maradona and Agger Pele

Lucas isn't the polished off player... he has looked like he was lacking confidence but I doubt he got that from seeing the he was replacing mascherano...

At the moment Lucas seems to lack the things GYBS says which is what worries me about him. He looks like he hasn't got the motivation or the belief, but this may be directly linked with his confidence (which worries me in itself because as a young brazilian in the PL he should be brimming with confidence) His skill levels seem below average, touch is often heavy and he was giving the ball away. His knowledge of the game will come, but his decision making now has been poor. He needs to start standing out and to do that he needs to play that perfect ball, or lay the ball off for someone else, when others would have shot.

At the moment, to me he looks very ordinary.

Anyway I have just noticed that this is in the completely wrong thread...

Rafa hasn't brought any young lads from being raw talents but unconvincing to being very good and a regular in our team.. unless you consider agger and Squirtle to fall into this catagory.

The 'stars' in our team where bought already at good level (reina,masch,torres,alonso,[was he a rafa buy?] kuyt,reira) or were already established in the squad when he came (Gerrard,carragher)  and this is what worries me about Rafa, Wenger and Fergie buy young players you have never heard of and within 2seasons they are established PL players. Rafa is trying to buy good players that can do the job straight off... but without chelsea's cash this is difficult.

We are not buyin young talent that, as of yet, cut the mustard, and at the same time we do not have the money to buy our way out of the problems we have.

It is difficult looking at this situation now, either Rafa should have bought young and developed from the start or we should not be complaining as much as people are... Do you think Rafa would have survived if he did the arsen wenger style of managment and we were average for a couple of seasons.....? probably not. With the pressures of success on him as much as they have he has done well, with out the resources of chelsea and united or the time to develop like arsenal he has done well.

I am ranting on here.... but a counter argument is that he hasn't speant the money he has had, which is a very large amount even if it isnt the same as united or chelsea, wisely.

Basically no matter how you look at it we are top of the league with the best chance of winning it in ages and people should, in the moment be happy, very happy.

My worries are about future of the club and our policy with the youngsters be them home grown our forgein. Unfortunately it is difficult for young lads at Liverpool because they are so closely scrutinised. Carra and Gerrard didnt have an easy ride to being loved..... and look at them now.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby we all dream... » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:52 am

Yes u are right, our chances are screwed, we're only top of the league.

Be realistic... has scolari and fergie thrown away their chances by getting beat by us and drawing with westham and spurs...etc? yes, in your thinking... so where does that leave us, oh yeh, no one is going to win the league this year because we have all drawn to many games for anyone to win the league.

Think about it.
we all dream...
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Petar wrote:oh,please,oh please,fukc me,fukc me,oh yes... you sound like a fagg

:D

Nice. You're deffo a Manc.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:11 pm

yeah your correct - we havent got a chance of winning the Prem while we are sitting top of it at the moment
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Espionage wrote:Fair post.

Ok, I concede, you probably don't want Liverpool to lose, but this is the way you act. You cry and cry about Benitez and say how its all going wrong, when its not. I seriously think that you cant make it through the day without taking shots at our manager, its your coping mechanism until we win the league 2 years in the row. Its a bit hard on Rafa when Chelsea, Man United and Arsenal all expect the same. Take this for an example: One of either Liverpool or Chelsea absolutely collapses, does not win anything this year and finishes fourth, what would happen? I would guess that Scolari would definitely be fired whereas (depending on the circumstances of course) Rafa would have a reasonable chance of survival. Which system would you rather? Sure by replacing Rafa you are rid of his weaknesses, but there is no guarantee that whoever replaces him is going to be any good. In fact the players seem to have tremendous respect for Rafa (but I concede what they say in the media may not always be their true opinion).

We do not want to turn into the joke that Newcastle has become over recent years, managers come in where short-term results are valued so highly that there are no incentives to think long-term. If you look at what Benitez is doing, he has improved our team every year, we have a great spine of young players and despite your post I am optimistic about our youth system (though if you want to talk about that in detail start a new thread a voice your opinions).

I guess you have been saying these things for a lot of the season, but why post this thread now? Because you thought you might get more support and jostle for internet position of where you stand on the matter? I guess posting it after good results you would get shouted down just as bad, but your opinion deserves to be shouted down by fans.

Also you say that the teams around us are getting worse, I say take a look at the quality in some of the lower teams this season. Smaller teams are spending more money and the quality of football across the table has improved. I think a more accurate interpretation of the performance of the top four is that other teams are taking points off us because they are improving. Despite that we are in the CL and our league position is a dream, all without the best striker in the world. If you told me that Torres would be injured up until the new year, I would be content with 3-5 points off the lead and qualified to the CL. But you rode the glory of our early results and lost sight of the bigger picture.

Liverpool FC will NEVER win the league with Benitez in charge

This is such a laugh, I call your bluff. If Benitez wins the league before he resigns/retires/is sacked I call that you take a photo of yourself with a big sign saying "I was wrong, forgive me Rafa (and sorry newkit)!" I would not be scared of putting my pride on the line to voice something if I was so sure. Were you not taught from a young age, never say never?

I wonder when you groan first at games, are you first, or somewhere in the middle when still others have faith. At first a few groans grow into a larger collective groan. One person's groan is contagious just as one person's cheer. What would have happened if there was less passion in our YNWA at half-time when we were 3-0 down in Istanbul? Maybe it was not just one person, maybe it was 10, but somewhere a tipping point was breached and the players could not help but be overwhelmed by it. The last thing we need from our fans are groaners. The example above of a game is a small-scale example, a manager's career is a marathon and more is at stake when you decide what kind of supporter you are going to be.

Its a question of character, its a big picture focus, and its something that you need to work on.

In response, do you not think I'm "crying" about Benitez because I can see whats going wrong infront of my own eyes and the fact he keeps making the same mistakes over and over and over and over (peter kays christmas song) Or do you think its simply because I don't want Liverpool to succeed?

Look, if I thought this side was good enough and I thought we genuinely had a chance because we were good enough then I'd be more than happy. But I don't feel we are, I believe that the only chance we have is because United and Chelsea are weaker than in previous seasons and also because they keep failing to take advantage of our slip ups and the amount of luck we've had this season. Lets turn the tables for one second and look at it like this... You're a United fan :;): This weekend Arsenal have Boro away, Liverpool have Hull at home, and Chelsea have West Ham at home. You've got an every improving Spurs side who are starting to get results who are in a completely false position away from home... you're looking at the fixtures there, who's most likely to drop points? All of a sudden, the away draw for United at Spurs looks a very good result (especially as we lost there).

For me this side is potentially very very close to big things. We've got some fantastic players, some very good players and some very poor players. But thats where the problem lies, the poor players are playing to many games. The poor signings are trying to be justified, the manager is trying to prove points by leaving the poor players on the pitch regardless of performance. For me, a Liverpool team with Keane, Torres, Riera, Alonso, Gerrard, Carragher and Reina in can beat any team on their day. Its the other positions around it that worry me. The lack of quality in them is to great so when these players don't play well the other players will not contribute and help pull these lads out of the :censored:.

Benitez also has a record comparible to that of Houllier (by statistics, league finishes, points etc). And I feel his dealings in the transfer market are actually ALOT worse. Where he makes alot of ground of on Gerard is his coaching ability and tactical awareness but often he throws those attributes out the window just to massage his own ego.

When a bad player is playing badly like Lucas and the hole ground is chanting for an in form class act like Alonso and he decides because he's the boss he'll bring off Mascherano instead just to get half the grounds backs up it kind of reinforces the believe that he's more interested in showing who's the boss than actually putting the benefits of the team first.

Again leaving Keane out completely, dropping him when he plays well or scores. Its all bad management and not the sort of management that will win you games.

I won't even go into the youth system in any detail. Benitez should be sacked for the way its treated with total disregard. Its not even a part of Liverpool football club anymore.

As for me saying we'll never win a title under Benitez I am 99% sure of it. The only way I can see it is if this season continues to be a freak. Certain sides in the top ten who aren't good enough to be there, good sides fighting for relegation, good teams dropping stupid points, Chelsea finally losing a few at home with massive injury problems even they've struggled to cope with etc etc. Rafa Benitez will never lead Liverpool to a title with his current style of management. Of that I can absoloutely gaurantee. His record so far speaks for itself, we've never even got near. Despite him supposedly improving a 4th placed side every year since he's been here...

Do us a favour though lad, don't even talk to me about support. I've supported the team for years home and away, I know my football as I've learnt more about the game and learnt from people about things the more fault I can see in the game (not just the club) at this level. The more autobiographies I read the more I understand the different types of attitude individual players have.

Again I refere you to Guthrie and Warnock over Lucas and Dossena. £14,000,000 spent, £3,500,000 recouped. I know which two I'd take all day and that for me is the style of manager we've got. Those four dealings in the market sum him up perfectly.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 pm

Petar wrote:further mistakes are very likeable.

i beg to differ

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:55 pm

andy_g wrote:

i beg to differ

I think he meant likely. And while the poster quoted is a WUM I 100% agree with this. There will be more baffling decisions between now and the end of the season. There will be more stupid team selections and there will be more points dropped down to the manager thinking he always knows best when the crowd can see otherwise.
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Fo Dne wrote:
andy_g wrote:

i beg to differ

I think he meant likely. And while the poster quoted is a WUM I 100% agree with this. There will be more baffling decisions between now and the end of the season. There will be more stupid team selections and there will be more points dropped down to the manager thinking he always knows best when the crowd can see otherwise.

What Level ?

what team ?

What league ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Fo Dne wrote:
andy_g wrote:

i beg to differ

What Level ?

what team ?

What league ??

And this is ya forum moderator... :laugh:
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:06 pm

So do fans know more than managers now ? Fans see the players every single day during training ? Fans get the inputs from the coaches ? Is the crowd a better judge than managers ?
Last edited by GYBS on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Lucas clearly has plenty of skill, and the level of knowlege to be a success at the club

:laugh:

I know forty thousand Liverpool supporters who'd disagree with you! :D
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Fo Dne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:08 pm

GYBS wrote:So do fans know more than managers now ? Fans see the players every single day during training ? Fans get the inputs from the coaches ? Is the crowd a better judge than managers ?

Who knows more? Forty thousand people or one man?
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:09 pm

Its a simple question Stu ? surely you can answer that ? no ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion