RAFA BENITEZ LEAVES LIVERPOOL - Official Thread, includes merged threads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:07 pm

this thread should now be moved to world football.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:17 pm

LiverpoolMadman

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:20 pm

lakes10 wrote:this thread should now be moved to world football.

What no predictions or world exclusives Lakes  ??? .............. I'm seriously disappointed what if all the Inter players fall out with Rafa   ??? whose going to keep us informed  ??? I am starting to doubt your credibility  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:21 pm

He will do well there. Plenty of money, a strong squad and a great youth set up already in place. Best of luck to him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:21 pm

I do not doubt for a minute that Rafa will come back in for some of players.

Mascherano looks to be talking his way to Milan already and I can see Rafa possibly coming in for Kuyt, Rodriguez and Aquilani as well.

I feel a bit sorry for Rafa TBH and I think that his words about being 'truly devasted' as being genuine. I strongly believe that he wanted the best for LFC and I wish him all the very best wherever he ends up. I reckon he would do a fantastic job in Italy.

All the best Rafa. Thanks for Istanbul 05 mate.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

What no predictions or world exclusives Lakes  ??? .............. I'm seriously disappointed what if all the Inter players fall out with Rafa   ??? whose going to keep us informed  ??? I am starting to doubt your credibility  :laugh:

Hey you missed it, Rafa to be made Inter manager on Tuesday lol

Sad to say that after the world cup unless he moves to a french team i will have no more news on Rafa lol
Last edited by lakes10 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:32 pm

maguskwt wrote:
bavlondon wrote:That was good nan...but this one is better.

Quote:
When Kenny Dalglish – or as he will soon be renamed "Kingmaker Kenny" – conducts his first interview for the role of manager of Liverpool Football Club it will be interesting to hear him set out the job description. We can only pray he speaks very slowly and very honestly. For it is only fair the candidates be made completely aware of what is expected of them.

But then, we all know Dalglish won't really be involved in the process and that he's only been called upon to douse the anger of the mutineers. It'll be down to whichever puppet the owners/board choose. Whoever it is – whether it's the chairman, chief executive or a £10,000-an hour headhunter – they will have to be some salesman. A smooth-talker whose next assignment will not be to sell sand to the Arabs but sell a debt- ridden club to the Arabs. Perhaps the spiel to the prospective gaffer should go something like this...

"Right let's get down to it – the last chap was a disaster. Rafa Benitez failed dismally. In six seasons he reached only two Champions' League finals, winning only one of them to go alongside his one FA Cup. How dare he? And don't even get us started about the Premier League. Do you know it took him five seasons to lead the club to its best League season in 19 years. Five seasons? I ask you, how much time did he want?

"Yes, yes, 2008-09 was rather promising on the face of it, losing just two games and collecting more points than any other runner-up in the history of the League. But we found out what he was about in the next campaign. Way down in seventh, a whole seven points off the fourth-place finish with which we would have been satisfied. It couldn't go on, so it didn't. Particularly when the press came on side and started printing the myths dressed up as damning statistics.

"Benitez signed more than 70 players for more than £240m. True, 30 of them were youth players and he did sell quite a few, too. In fact, when you do the actual maths his net spend is more like £80m, less than Spurs and, of course, less than Manchester City in the same period. But £240m sounds better, don't you think? And the wages? Well, yes, ours are about three-quarters of United's and Chelsea's, but what's that got to do with anything? This ungrateful man thought just because the new owners have given him virtually nowt to spend since they took over in 2007 he could whinge about it. Couldn't he see we're all suffering here? That even poor old George and Tom, as hard as they have tried, have been forced to put the club £350m in debt.

"So, you'll understand, we had to get rid of him. He would definitely have caused a fuss when we sold Torres and Gerrard and gave him £15m for squad strengthening. You wouldn't mind managing without those two would you? After all, Rafa effectively had to last season, with the Spaniard always injured and the new England captain in the worst form of his career.

"Still, there was no need for anyone to focus on that when they could blame him for selling Xabi Alonso and bringing in Alberto Aquilani. The most outrageous thing was that we only made £10m because of that piece of dreadful business. No, he had to go and now we have to go for a manager able to mask the cracks as we move ever deeper into the red and try to sell this club for a price it is simply not worth.

"So here's what we expect from the new boss in a nutshell. You must qualify for the Champions' League every year, winning it more often than once every six years and reaching the final every three years; you must do better in the Premier League than simply finishing a better second than any team before; and you must do all this on a smaller budget than your rivals, despite the fact everybody will claim otherwise. Do all that – and more importantly do it without moaning – and you'll be a hero in Liverpool and Texas. And please don't suffer one bad season that may or may not be a blip. Because you'll never be able to prove it was a blip. Because we'll get rid of you straight away and Fleet Street will applaud us for doing so.

"The fans? To hell with them. Thanks to those who we will soon have to call our 'friends in the press', the Anfield faithful can be dismissed as being more deluded than those cultists in Waco. Didn't you know they only stuck by Rafa because they had made him the figurehead for their protests. Well, that's what the columnists said anyway. It soon became accepted as a journalistic truth that the Liverpool support was 'in denial' when it came to Rafa and that in their hatred of the Americans they couldn't spot his inadequacies. Insulting? Perhaps just a little bit, considering we're talking here about fans who have consistently proved to be among the most knowledgeable. But it did the trick. They were talking rubbish – Rafa was rubbish. Had to go.

"So that brings us nicely on to you. How can you say no? Liverpool is a massive club, as you well know. And if we're bought out by some rich Arabs one day we might again have the finances of a massive club. To be honest, I wouldn't expect that to be Dubai now as they're more skint than we are. But someone with bottomless pockets will turn up. You just need to give off the illusion this club are as big as they ever were while we're waiting.

"So if you will just sign here, Mr Hiddink? Mr Hiddink? Mr Hiddink? Please don't slam the door, we've only just mended it from when Souness left...

"Valerie, get me Dalglish on the phone. Ask him if he would be kind enough to stop the fans from rioting, will you?"

Feckin class that bav...

It is so sarcastically spot on...

Just super class.

But for some supporters ignorance is bliss and it is better to put you head in the sand and shout: "League title, League title"  :no

This passage here is the most furiously annoying that so few people understand or even want to understand..

"So here's what we expect from the new boss in a nutshell. You must qualify for the Champions' League every year, winning it more often than once every six years and reaching the final every three years; you must do better in the Premier League than simply finishing a better second than any team before; and you must do all this on a smaller budget than your rivals, despite the fact everybody will claim otherwise. Do all that – and more importantly do it without moaning – and you'll be a hero in Liverpool and Texas. And please don't suffer one bad season that may or may not be a blip. Because you'll never be able to prove it was a blip. Because we'll get rid of you straight away and Fleet Street will applaud us for doing so.

Please keep on living in la-la land those who doesn't want to see the truth.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby shabelle50 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:29 pm

My feeling is that the decision to get shot of Rafa was made weeks ago just after the Hull game when he first met Broughton for talks. I can't believe it's been made in the last few days. At the very least he was probably told then that he would either have to accept the limits on transfers this summer or enter into talks about his future if he couldn't accept those conditions.

I think the announcement has been delayed deliberately because of the world cup (Torres and Gerrard), the rumours over Juve and Inter and the fact that if the announcement had been made a few weeks ago it would undermine the sale process. It's funny how it was let slip two days after Mourinho takes over at the Bernabeu that Rafa has been offered £3 million to leave the club.

The whole thing stinks there should have been a proper press conference with Rafa present like with Houllier in 04 rather than just a statement. The club were determined to get shot of him so he didn't say anything untoward to journalists. That said I don't think Benitez really wanted to stay any longer under the conditions he had been working under. I think he knew after the defeat at Porstmouth that his days were numbered.
shabelle50

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:29 pm

lakes10 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:Think this thread should be locked now personally , what's there to discuss ?

:buttrock

:buttrock  :buttrock
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:55 pm

lakes10 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Sad to say that after the world cup unless he moves to a french team i will have no more news on Rafa lol

Erm i predicted it a page before yourss. :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:00 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

I don't think it counts as a prediction hun when Masher has been saying Rafa should go to Inter... and he wants to go there lol
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:07 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

lol i told you itwas going to happen even when Rafa was still our manager lol  :D  :rasp

good luck to him....if we get into the CL next time i bloody hope we dont meet his team, he is the best CL manager there is. I think he will do well at inter, the team is almost up the way he likes to play and with a few added players i can not see them getting beat next year.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm

stop lying you said Juve. 

ffs the minute mourinhio went and we knew Rafa was going it was a nailed on certantity that hed be going there .even my five year old little bitter new that,

Im gonna have a second team now, :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Ha ha well Inter have always been my Italian team. I used to follow Football Italia on C4 every week but then kind of fell away 2 or 3 years ago. This will give me a reason to start watching again.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:stop lying you said Juve. 

ffs the minute mourinhio went and we knew Rafa was going it was a nailed on certantity that hed be going there .even my five year old little bitter new that,

Im gonna have a second team now, :laugh:

:D not since he told the no due to the lack of power they were going to give him at the club.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion