Rafa benitez - Got to get it right

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redmikey » Tue May 30, 2006 7:27 pm

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:
To highlight this I give you the following example. Imagine these two midfield combinations.

Pennant          Gerrard       Alonso        Gonzalez

Or

Joaquin           Gerrard       Alonso        Gonzalez

No disrespect to Pennant, but if we were able to break the bank for Joaquin we would have 2 wide players with pace to spare who have bag loads of skill to boot. That second midfield is quite frankly awesome and easily beats the Chelsea combination of Duff and Robben in the wide areas imo.
That midfield combines skill, pace, aggression, finesse and unrivalled passing ability.

I think any forward in the premiership would love that midfield supplying them with ammunition !

Its ok you saying play Gonzalez and Pennant.

Pennant's not that good or he would not be at Birmingham, and I bet you have never seen Gonzalez kick a ball. Unknown quantity. How can they cope in an LFC shirt?

It's ok Rafa buying spanish league young players who are highly regarded, but they are not proven to win the EPL, or be of that standard. It's Risky.

I personally cannot think of any striker, apart from a few premiership duds, that Rafa can buy. Kuyt isnt going anywhere as he got a new contract. Theres no certainty we would get Joaquin either.

You can see from the signings Mourhinio is going for that he is not taking those risks!   Ballack, Shev? Carlos?

I was disapointed after we won the CL as we only got Sissoko who was supposed to be any good. I thought Rafa would bring in Europes elite to take LFC to the next level.

that is one of the worst posts i've ever read!!!!

disappointed at getting momo. are you on acid

rafa is taking us to the next level by buying players that work for the team and not just there contracts

imo ballack will cause more troblem than he is worth rafa wouldn't have bought him even if we had that kind of cash lying around, maureen is getting really lazy now and has stopped building a unit and has gone with the team of stars attack which didn't work for real madrid and will back fire on chavski

they are going to be a top heavy team with no foundation and it will cash down around them in the future because roman will not be there forever
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Tue May 30, 2006 7:50 pm

Speedy Gonzalez wrote:Its ok you saying play Gonzalez and Pennant.

Pennant's not that good or he would not be at Birmingham, and I bet you have never seen Gonzalez kick a ball. Unknown quantity. How can they cope in an LFC shirt?

It's ok Rafa buying spanish league young players who are highly regarded, but they are not proven to win the EPL, or be of that standard. It's Risky.

I personally cannot think of any striker, apart from a few premiership duds, that Rafa can buy. Kuyt isnt going anywhere as he got a new contract. Theres no certainty we would get Joaquin either.

You can see from the signings Mourhinio is going for that he is not taking those risks!   Ballack, Shev? Carlos?

I was disapointed after we won the CL as we only got Sissoko who was supposed to be any good. I thought Rafa would bring in Europes elite to take LFC to the next level.

It is ok that he says play Pennant and Gonzalez because that's not an impossible outcome. As for Pennant not being good are you mad? Yeah he's not the best player in the world and he's certainly not a role model but he has a very good cross on him, can beat his man and cause havoc for defender and it's no surprise he has been Birmingham most hard working and consistent players last season. I've not seen enough of Gonzalez to make comments but from the little I have seen of him he looks like a very talented youngster, who can score goals, create oppertunities for others, he's fast and seems to have a well develop techincal ability, the test for him is can he adjust to the physical nature of the Premiership, luckily he is young so he can adjust.

You say signing players from outside ones league as being 'risky' well Ballack is a risk, Shevchenko is a risk and  Carlos is a risk. They are even more at risk of being flops due to them being old and in their prime and as for Carlos he's nearing retirement. No doubt one factor for Morientes failing was the fact he was bought in to the league too late, if that had happened at the age of 23/24, he would of been able to adjust. So signing youngsters is probably the safer of the two risks.

Defoe, Bellamy and Bent are not duds, they may not be the most exciting players and they might not be big superstars but it's about the right player with the right attitude and the right mentality. Real Madrid have taken your philosphy and ended up disgracing themselves on the pitch in more than one occasion. I'd much rather sign player who gets on with the job, works hard etc. The likes of Hyypia, Riise, Henchoz, Alonso, Sissoko weren't big names and look what dramatic impacts they had on this football club and it's recent successes.

Everyone wants star name players in their starting line up but you have to look at the bigger picture, do we have the financial capabilities to fund these players? What would be the pros and cons of signing them? All these questions have to be asked. And what is Europe's Elites? Players like Figo, Zidane, Salgado, Maldini, Stam, Nesta? Who might I add are coming to the end of their careers.

Rafa's transfer policy is simple, he buys young players for the future and he doesn't buy players that would sell shirts and twist heads like the "elites" you've mentioned. He signs players with the right attitude, right mentality and who fit his system.

So your post is pretty much a load of shit.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Tue May 30, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby account deleted by request » Tue May 30, 2006 8:10 pm

I think the problem all boils down to what I said earlier, due to poor signings and little return on those signings we can no longer afford to just buy world class players . I am sure Rafa would love to go out and buy a few world class players but he has to think what is best for Liverpools future. I think he will buy  young  players that will become big stars rather than players who are big stars . The problem with this approach is that young players need time to adapt and develop, so he may have to rely on Robbie more often than he might otherwise have wished.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 31, 2006 2:14 am

s@int wrote:My opinion is your a stupid idiot Lando who cant understand simple English. I was having a go at Rafa by saying he was a great manager ?I had a go at Rafa by saying he had done ok but not exceptional in the transfer market. I never said or implied that all those buys were Rafas. You want to try reading a post rather than letting your bitter Manc mind read what you want.
:censored: :p  its a matter of opinion and my opinion is you just dont matter.

Funny that, as I am actually quite intelligent.

Maybe it is YOU who is a "stupid idiot who cant understand simple English."

The reasons why I suspect you of being an imposter are numerous, but there are a couple that have been unintentionally revealed in your arrogance toward Leon.

For instance:

"Debuts Ihave seen
R. Clemence, A.Lindsey, L.Lloyd against Derby 0-2. T.Lawrence,R.Yeats,I.Stjohn were dropped cos of 2-1 defeat to Watford in FAcup
S.Heighway came on as a sub against Chelsea as B.Graham had broken his leg 0-0
J.Toshack 0-0 against Coventry He had a good shot saved by keeper
K.Keegan scored on his debut in front of the kop after about 10 mins against N.Forest  3-1
J.Mcloughlin scored 2 on his debut against Huddersfield in a 4-0 win F.Worthington played for them that day.
Do you want more ?"

Now, I am quite sure that no-one would be able to recall these details as you supposedly have after so many years, and to me it is obvious that this is a fabricated piece. Google is marvellous, isn't it?

The second reason you gave me to doubt your credibility even further, is your posting style.

According to your posts, you must be in your 40's at least, unless you went to Anfield that first time in your nappy. (1968).
By reading the post I have quoted, you obviously have a fetish for attention to detail, particularly the small details, such as dates, exact events, no matter how insignificant.
The problem I have with this, you see, is that a man who had harboured such an obsession for the past 38 years wouldn't allow himself to get the detail wrong.
Unless he was lying.
Additionally, I find it highly improbable that this type of man who remembers things so exactly from many years ago, would then get a current player's name wrong, despite it's regular appearance in the media and on here:

"(but Gonzales looks good)".

Simple spelling mistake, or a damning indictment which confirms my theory?

You tell me, sweetcheeks.  :;):
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed May 31, 2006 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 31, 2006 2:24 am

Bamaga man wrote:This is what makes this forum so good or bad at times, in this instance members like Lando and Babu critise the initial post. Is this because he is relatively new ?

He has actually tried to make a decent post and I can see what he's trying to get at, Babu I have noticed your very quick to jump on the backs of members who are relatively new. Ok his initial post may not have been as clear as mud, but lad can you not read between the lines  :no
If not dont reply to this topic as you Babu and Lando have started to turn this into a "sh.it" thread. I will also gurantee you if this same topic was posted by BigMick or Leon you both would have drooled at the lips in response.

So f.ucking transparent  :no

Go to sleep, crazy lady. :D

Bamaga, you and the other bleeding-heart brigade's members have all been the target of harsh comments.

The thing is, you have to ask yourself "Why?".

To simply say "If BigMick or Leon" had written it we'd be drooling, is the simpleton's way out. Use your brain mate.

If anyone on here had written that, I'd have responded in much the same way. I may not have been as vociferous, but to be fair, I have reasons to be with our ol' mucker s@int:

1. He is a Manc.
2. We have history.

If anyone on here believes I wouldn't tell folk when they're wrong because they are respected members, they just don't know me at all.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed May 31, 2006 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 31, 2006 2:27 am

:D

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 31, 2006 2:32 am

s@int wrote: :D

Rumbled.

Better luck next time.  :;):

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 31, 2006 2:50 am

:D

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed May 31, 2006 5:56 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:This is what makes this forum so good or bad at times, in this instance members like Lando and Babu critise the initial post. Is this because he is relatively new ?

He has actually tried to make a decent post and I can see what he's trying to get at, Babu I have noticed your very quick to jump on the backs of members who are relatively new. Ok his initial post may not have been as clear as mud, but lad can you not read between the lines  :no
If not dont reply to this topic as you Babu and Lando have started to turn this into a "sh.it" thread. I will also gurantee you if this same topic was posted by BigMick or Leon you both would have drooled at the lips in response.

Bamaga, you and the other bleeding-heart brigade's members have all been the target of harsh comments.

To simply say "If BigMick or Leon" had written it we'd be drooling, is the simpleton's way out. Use your brain mate.

If anyone on here had written that, I'd have responded in much the same way. I may not have been as vociferous, but to be fair, I have reasons to be with our ol' mucker s@int:

1. He is a Manc.
2. We have history.

If anyone on here believes I wouldn't tell folk when they're wrong because they are respected members, they just don't know me at all.

I dont recall myself being the target of harsh comments, as I can actually talk football. You my dear on the other hand are quite limited in your knowledge of football, thats why you prefer to spout your ' I'm a F.ucking  comedian look at me' s.hit.

But I do apologise if you have  history with a Manc
:wwww  (or would that be, I pity you   ??? )
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 31, 2006 9:23 am

Lando the "great detective" with his catch phrase " I am actually quite intelligent". You just gotta laugh :D

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed May 31, 2006 9:35 am

There's a storm in my tea-cup.  :D

I will say one thing if Saint is a Manc then he has done his revision on Liverpool extremely well and why would a manc bother to drone on about our history when they have their own?

I think you should leave it to MI5, Lando.

:laugh:
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed May 31, 2006 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 31, 2006 2:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

1. He is a Manc.
2. We have history.

I dont recall myself being the target of harsh comments, as I can actually talk football. You my dear on the other hand are quite limited in your knowledge of football, thats why you prefer to spout your ' I'm a F.ucking  comedian look at me' s.hit.

But I do apologise if you have  history with a Manc
:wwww  (or would that be, I pity you   ??? )

Is that right?

I think you'd be suprised, mate. If you find having a laugh so wrong, perhaps you should get wise to the realities of the World.

I bet you right now I have a more extensive knowledge of football that any of you 3 without google access, particularly Liverpool. But there is no way to prove it on here, as I guarantee that all 3 of you would look things up and then lie that you'd thought of it.

Again - the bleeding hearts brigade come to the rescue.

Bamaga, because he changes his mind like there's no tomorrow,
S@int, because, and lets be fair to him, he's a lying Manc, and Oasis, because I had words with him a while ago because he was chatting sh*te.

Oh, and s@int - attempting to belittle your superiors serves only to highlight my point.
I would be willing to bet any money - ANY amount you so desire - that I would wipe the floor with you in an IQ test.

But you just post a smile and leave it at that, you f*cking distended rectum.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 31, 2006 2:27 pm

0asis wrote:There's a storm in my tea-cup.  :D

I will say one thing if Saint is a Manc then he has done his revision on Liverpool extremely well and why would a manc bother to drone on about our history when they have their own?

I think you should leave it to MI5, Lando.

:laugh:

Laugh all you like, Oasis, but I am right.

Just because we had exchanges when you joined, you shouldn't let that cloud your judgement.

S@int drones on to lure you into a false sense of security. It is to a greater degree the tactic Hustler used. (I'm not saying s@int IS Hustler.)

S@int is a liar, pure and simple, and he is trying to make fools of us all.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed May 31, 2006 2:30 pm

:D Im not smiling.......... just laughing    :D

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed May 31, 2006 2:39 pm

Lando you make out I dislike you, when I neither dislike or like you, I don't even know you. And it's the same with everyone else on this forum. You obviously believe that Saint is an imposter and I'm not gonna call you a liar, you might be right or you might be wrong, I don't really care.

All I'm saying is why would someone who is not a Liverpool fan want to A) scroll through every piece of detailed information about Liverpool past and present? I mean the lad can tell you when Ray Clemance made his Liverpool debut and what colour kit he was wearing. It to me seems strange that someone who isn't a Liverpool fan would do so much research into this club. B) Coming onto a Liverpool forum and act as a fan of the club, that's also strange, why wouldn't he just come on as a fan of an opposite club?

Oh and there's no doubt you're more knowledgable than I on the basis of Liverpool football club. Not that it bothers me, I tend to respect the history and live in the present, not dwell in 1977 etc. And for the record IQ tests are very unaccurate because the person who invented the IQ test got all of the answer's wrong, therefore people took the model of that and made their own thus leading to a fake system which measures intelligence.
Last edited by 48-1119859832 on Wed May 31, 2006 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
48-1119859832

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion