Rafa 300 games in charge

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:31 am

I think Rafa's boss.  Rant Over. :)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:43 am

Bad Bob wrote:I think Rafa's boss.  Rant Over. :)

Presumably it's because of Rafa's enthusiastic goal celebrations that he get's your vote!

Give me a break! Convince me that Rafa is worth nearly £5m a year! You won't !!!!!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:48 am

devaney wrote:

Presumably it's because of Rafa's enthusiastic goal celebrations that he get's your vote!

Give me a break! Convince me that Rafa is worth nearly £5m a year! You won't !!!!!!!!!

I know I won't that's why I didn't bother trying. :;):  You've clearly got you're mind made up and that's your prerogative.  I think Rafa's done a much better job than you've given him credit for but it's pointless expounding on why.  If you're at the stage where his touchline poker face winds you up nothing I say is going to dent that armour.  :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:27 pm

I have been torn for about 3 years now on Rafa. I think he has done some great things at Liverpool but also made some serious errors as well. I honestly believe we could get better, but I think we could do a lot worse as well.

I think we may all just as well accept he is going to be here for the next few years and either try to make the best of it, or enjoy it while it lasts (depending on your outlook   :D  )

I think we have progressed much slower than we need have, and IMO we could have challenged for the title much earlier than we have. I also don't think he has made the best use of the players at his disposal at times.

On the positive side he has made some good signings, and we seem to have eventually reached a level were we can challenge for the title.

Given my choice I wouldn't have given him a five year contract, but I think if we had given him the two year contract that I thought he deserved he may well have walked. 

So I am not a Rafa lover, but I am also not a Rafa hater, just someone stuck in the middle.
account deleted by request

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
devaney wrote:

I know I won't that's why I didn't bother trying. :;):  You've clearly got you're mind made up and that's your prerogative.  I think Rafa's done a much better job than you've given him credit for but it's pointless expounding on why.  If you're at the stage where his touchline poker face winds you up nothing I say is going to dent that armour.  :D

Just got around to watching Barca v Inter CL match.

The Barca bench was hugely impressive. It also included Andres Iniesta who has been at the club since he was 12 - similar story to Gerrard. Oh by the way the entire bench were all graduates from Barcelona's accademy!

And what do I see when I look at our bench - a bunch of complete fkg no hopers - Ngog,Babel,Vorinin,Dossena,Caverlieri and Zorba the Greek!

This is one major and very important reason why I don't think Benitez is worth anything like £5m a year!

Look no further than our last game against West Ham for further evidence of Rafa fkg itus. His stubborness is beyond belief. Just how many goals are we going to have to leak from set pieces before he decides to put somebody on the line like every other Premiership team! If that's what you get for £5m a year and your happy then your easily pleased!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Individual errors devaney - individual errors - no manager can act against that .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:14 pm

GYBS wrote:Individual errors devaney - individual errors - no manager can act against that .

Fkg tosh! Sorry but the manager is probably more responsible for individual errors than anybody!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

?!?!? how the hell is the manager responsible for carra pushing over their striker ?!?! how is the manager responsible for players not picking up attackers

That must go down as one of the most nonsensical statement of the year by a mile
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 pm

GYBS wrote:?!?!? how the hell is the manager responsible for carra pushing over their striker ?!?! how is the manager responsible for players not picking up attackers

That must go down as one of the most nonsensical statement of the year by a mile

Ffs - read what I wrote again - SLOWLY !!!!!!!!!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:42 pm

Ok will say it again - we have mainly leaked goals this season due to individual errors - rash tackles poor marking the main culprits - so once again i will ask how that is the managers fault and what are these rafa individual errors you are going on about ?!
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm

In fact forget about it - your obviously very against Rafa no matter what happens or what is said due to pretty much most of your posts have been labelled at having a go at him .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:45 am

GYBS wrote:Ok will say it again - we have mainly leaked goals this season due to individual errors - rash tackles poor marking the main culprits - so once again i will ask how that is the managers fault and what are these rafa individual errors you are going on about ?!

Shall we start with selecting Kewell for the CL final or how Benitez managed to mess around with a winning formula that produced a shedload of draws and ultimately cost us the league last season. Or was Parry responsible for those events as well.

Look I know I am coming across as a right miserable cnt on an anti Benitez campaign and I don't mind admitting that at the moment Benitez is not my favourite person. He get's paid an incredible amount of money and I am simply questioning if we are getting good value or could we do better with somebody else.

Last night was another example of how far we have come. The second string made a very heavy job of beating Leeds and were anything but convincing. Leeds had a perfectly good goal disallowed and in reality Liverpool could have been a couple down at half time. How many of the second string could you trust to do a decent job in the premiership every week?
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby DrPepe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:30 am

devaney wrote:Last night was another example of how far we have come. The second string made a very heavy job of beating Leeds and were anything but convincing. Leeds had a perfectly good goal disallowed and in reality Liverpool could have been a couple down at half time. How many of the second string could you trust to do a decent job in the premiership every week?

tis right

we made 9 changes to our first XI - in those circumstances i wouldn't have expected anything but a v difficult game at Leeds. Their "goal" came relatively early on, and that would have made it difficult but so what? we've come back plenty of times we 're likely to have done so again.

We won 1-0  and gave the second string experience, fitness. We  gave starts to several returnees from injury, and suffered no additional injuries from last night.

I find it really difficult to understand how something negative can be extracted from last night  :idea

As owzat wrote inthe match thread, we would have to be pretty ferked to play any more than 3 or 4 of those players at once in our starting line up, so worrying about the performance when 9 of them are on the pitch is pretty  pointless (plus the fact that they actually won)
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:31 am

DrPepe wrote:
devaney wrote:Last night was another example of how far we have come. The second string made a very heavy job of beating Leeds and were anything but convincing. Leeds had a perfectly good goal disallowed and in reality Liverpool could have been a couple down at half time. How many of the second string could you trust to do a decent job in the premiership every week?

tis right

we made 9 changes to our first XI - in those circumstances i wouldn't have expected anything but a v difficult game at Leeds. Their "goal" came relatively early on, and that would have made it difficult but so what? we've come back plenty of times we 're likely to have done so again.

We won 1-0  and gave the second string experience, fitness. We  gave starts to several returnees from injury, and suffered no additional injuries from last night.

I find it really difficult to understand how something negative can be extracted from last night  :idea

As owzat wrote inthe match thread, we would have to be pretty ferked to play any more than 3 or 4 of those players at once in our starting line up, so worrying about the performance when 9 of them are on the pitch is pretty  pointless (plus the fact that they actually won)

Sorry Dr Pepe but I think you are missing my point. WE STRUGGLED AGAINST A FKG 3RD DIVISION SIDE TALKING IN OLD MONEY! I have bored myself silly talking about strength in depth and your comments and Owzat's elude to the same problem and it is a major problem.

So if you were happy with last night and could only find positives then we will have to agree to differ. Remember what the Arsenal kids did to us a few years ago in this competition, well I do and it was embarrassing ! I just cannot see any improvement in the second string or what is coming out of the academy. Degen had a few impressive moments and so did Spearing but other than that it was poor.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:42 am

devaney wrote:Leeds had a perfectly good goal disallowed and in reality Liverpool could have been a couple down at half time.

It might be worth noting that that 'perfectly good goal' came about as a result of Ngog lingering too long on the post from a corner and playing one if not both Leeds strikers onside.  Still curious why we tend not to leave players on the post for corners (something you seemed quite certain we should be doing in an earlier post)? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion