Quick quiz on an otherwise slow news day - What player has won....?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 am

Which player won the Champions League with three different clubs?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:51 am

A.B. wrote:Which player won the Champions League with three different clubs?

Morientes  :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:54 am

Morientes

No, it's Seedorf. Morientes has played for two clubs who've won the CL [us and Madrid] with Monaco he played in the final but they didn't win.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Spionian » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:03 am

Garymac wrote:
Spionian wrote:Let me see. Could that be the same team who is the most illustrious team in the history of English Football, not just in domestic competition but European as well.

The Mighty Reds

YNWA

Spionian, good work that answer is correct!!!!!

Whats the 1st thing u think of when i say the word..................ATATURK???

40,000 people showing the world how much our great club means to them, 11 men showing the 40,000 how much our great club means to the 40,000.

Dudek's Interview on ITV afterwards when Gabriel Clarke asked him to look at the fans and sum up what this meant to him, he looked at them had to look away because it was too upsetting for him, he was on the verge of tears. I'm not his biggest fan but after all the abuse and uncertainty he has endured since first arriving it must have meant SO much to him at that moment to have just achieved that

Carragher, double cramp, dumbfounded after the game, a warrior during it. This man is an absolute legend. We talk about the likes of Hansen, Yeats, Smith. In twenty years i'll be telling my kids about this great man and how much he loved playing for this club in an age when loyalty is a precious commodity. The little things like ignoring the absolute exhaustion to speak to Dudek before the shoot out, laying down the law with Nunez following his arrival on the field in the second leg against Chelsea and even ensuring that Cisse didn't touch the trophy before it was handed to Gerrard when he was dancing around it. If ever there is an example of an average gifted footballer playing at the absolute top level of his ability, this man has been doing that for the past season.

Didi Hamann, he must have gave the ball away no more than twice in the final. This guy is the absolute best in the business of breaking down play. I'm made up that he's signed again, it would have been a catastrophe if he had not played in the final and then left.

Smicer, for six years this guy has just not done the job, for a variety of reasons. His best game for the club and his reaction after the penalty (knowing that was his last touch in the red shirt) was special. Best of luck Vladi

And last but not least, Steven Gerrard. The most talented footballer this club has ever produced. When we get the balance right in the middle of the park and give this guy some freedom, he can destroy people. Maybe not everyone's choice for captain but he proved just how important he is to us in that second half. And only the fourth man in the history of this club to lift that trophy and did you just see his face? The greatest honour of all.

What a game, so what we finished fifth. But we beat the best two teams from the best league in the world and our runaway champions.

And now you gonna believe us.

YNWA
Spionian

Postby hawkmoon269 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:15 am

Spionian wrote:
Garymac wrote:
Spionian wrote:Let me see. Could that be the same team who is the most illustrious team in the history of English Football, not just in domestic competition but European as well.

The Mighty Reds

YNWA

40,000 people showing the world how much our great club means to them, 11 men showing the 40,000 how much our great club means to the 40,000.

Dudek's Interview on ITV afterwards when Gabriel Clarke asked him to look at the fans and sum up what this meant to him, he looked at them had to look away because it was too upsetting for him, he was on the verge of tears. I'm not his biggest fan but after all the abuse and uncertainty he has endured since first arriving it must have meant SO much to him at that moment to have just achieved that

Carragher, double cramp, dumbfounded after the game, a warrior during it. This man is an absolute legend. We talk about the likes of Hansen, Yeats, Smith. In twenty years i'll be telling my kids about this great man and how much he loved playing for this club in an age when loyalty is a precious commodity. The little things like ignoring the absolute exhaustion to speak to Dudek before the shoot out, laying down the law with Nunez following his arrival on the field in the second leg against Chelsea and even ensuring that Cisse didn't touch the trophy before it was handed to Gerrard when he was dancing around it. If ever there is an example of an average gifted footballer playing at the absolute top level of his ability, this man has been doing that for the past season.

Didi Hamann, he must have gave the ball away no more than twice in the final. This guy is the absolute best in the business of breaking down play. I'm made up that he's signed again, it would have been a catastrophe if he had not played in the final and then left.

Smicer, for six years this guy has just not done the job, for a variety of reasons. His best game for the club and his reaction after the penalty (knowing that was his last touch in the red shirt) was special. Best of luck Vladi

And last but not least, Steven Gerrard. The most talented footballer this club has ever produced. When we get the balance right in the middle of the park and give this guy some freedom, he can destroy people. Maybe not everyone's choice for captain but he proved just how important he is to us in that second half. And only the fourth man in the history of this club to lift that trophy and did you just see his face? The greatest honour of all.

What a game, so what we finished fifth. But we beat the best two teams from the best league in the world and our runaway champions.

YNWA

Excellent Answer mate - gold star!
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Spionian » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 am

:D

I thank you!
Spionian

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:18 am

Garymac wrote:Who are the current champions of europe, making it there 5th one in the process meaning they get to keep the trophy which some team borrowed off them for a year in 1999 and also get a ickle badge to go on the kit to show everyone else in the league that they are superior in terms of honours.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: erm give me a clue  :help  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:26 am

Spionian wrote:
Garymac wrote:

The Mighty Reds

YNWA

YNWA

A+ for that lad, fu*kin quality answer,

Which engilish player has scored the most goals in the prem without ever getting a cap for england???
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby Spionian » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:32 pm

Bloody good question Gary.

erm...

Sutton? (did he have any caps?)
Spionian

Postby Piewhack » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:35 pm

Erm... i read through the thread.. but what was the answer to the orignal question??
Who did win all those cups and stuff??
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Spionian » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:36 pm

Gotcha Kevin Campbell (it's no wonder he never had a friggin cap)
Spionian

Postby Big Niall » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:02 pm

Quimby wrote:
Big Niall wrote:At the end of the 1982 world cup FIFA had a big sign saying "see you in four years time ......."

Where?

Colombia. It was originally scheduled for there, but due to a natural disaster, the stadiums and infrastructure were not going to be ready in time. It therefore got offered to Mexico as they had everything in place (best footie-based stadiums in North/South America).

correct. funny thin is Mexico then had a big quake in either 85 or early 86 so it was in doubt again.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:12 pm

A.B. wrote:
Morientes

No, it's Seedorf. Morientes has played for two clubs who've won the CL [us and Madrid] with Monaco he played in the final but they didn't win.

Well he's actually only won it with one club, he wasn't part of our CL squad cos he was cup-tied.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:39 pm

Spionian wrote:Gotcha Kevin Campbell (it's no wonder he never had a friggin cap)

yeah got it at ye second attempt Spionian, got that off me blue nosed brother in law to be........

Which English football team is an anagram of "Thump A Rotten Shot"?
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby wil-kop » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:44 pm

tottenham hostpur
"Thats it, game well and truly over, and I hate to say that" - Andy Gray - he always was a gobsh*ite
wil-kop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion