PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:01 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Today was an example of why Fowler shouldn't be at Liverpool?

He set the winning goal up you nut! :laugh:

stu...I feel embarressed for Robbie and i mean that.

WHY?
Whats wrong with him?  :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 pm

Who is this "Fowler" guy this made his debut tonight?  :upside:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu.Murph » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:04 pm

7_Kewell things its a good way to wind me up. Quite simple, if he said that at anfield, he'd get smacked in the face by quite a few people.

He wants Fowler to be a failiure basically because we had an arguement about him and it grates his nerves that I was right and he was wrong.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:07 pm

Who is this "Fowler" guy this made his debut tonight?   

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:07 pm

Stu.Murph wrote:7_Kewell things its a good way to wind me up. Quite simple, if he said that at anfield, he'd get smacked in the face by quite a few people.

He wants Fowler to be a failiure basically because we had an arguement about him and it grates his nerves that I was right and he was wrong.

no stu..i want the best players at liverpool and Fowler isn't half the player he was when he left for leeds. i'm saying no more but i've always spoke my opion and i've been to Anfield a LOT since my first match in 1993. My last match was Everton AWAY and the lads i was with then agreed it was sad to see God struggling against player he use to skin alive in his prime.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 pm

7_Kewell wrote:stu...I feel embarressed for Robbie and i mean that.

I feel ebarressed at the current Liverpool forwards we have in the squad could not lace Robbie Fowlers boots.
Crouch isnt bad compared to Heskey, but none of them will ever replace him.
Why are you giving Fowler grief when his pass made the winner?
What about your namesake raking in 65 grand a week for feck all.
Fowler would play for free for this club, he didnt do an Owen on us he is an utter legend show some respect please.
Until we find a new Robbie Fowler we wont be winning the prem anytime soon, feck this Voronin fella off Fowler must stay.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:10 pm

Ciggy wrote:

I feel ebarressed at the current Liverpool forwards we have in the squad could not lace Robbie Fowlers boots.
Fowler would play for free for this club, he didnt do an Owen on us he is an utter legend show some respect please.
Until we find a new Robbie Fowler we wont be winning the prem anytime soon, feck this Voronin fella off Fowler must stay.

ciggy, Robbie didn't even celebrate the goal Crouch scored and he couldn't keep up with the mach, despite him being a sub. He's a legend but he's not enjoying it and it really shows.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby premiership fan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:11 pm

Some clips are online on http://redsgoals.blogspot.com/
premiership fan

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:11 pm

7_Kewell wrote:no stu..i want the best players at liverpool and Fowler isn't half the player he was when he left for leeds. i'm saying no more but i've always spoke my opion and i've been to Anfield a LOT since my first match in 1993.

What about Morientes, Bellamy, Heskey, Cisse, where are our natural goal scorers since he left, I have respect for Gerard Houllier because he nearly died for LFC but for getting rid of Robbie I have never forgiven him or Thommo for that.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:no stu..i want the best players at liverpool and Fowler isn't half the player he was when he left for leeds. i'm saying no more but i've always spoke my opion and i've been to Anfield a LOT since my first match in 1993.

What about Morientes, Bellamy, Heskey, Cisse, where are our natural goal scorers since he left, I have respect for Gerard Houllier because he nearly died for LFC but for getting rid of Robbie I have never forgiven him or Thommo for that.

and i agree Ciggy...Fowler shouldn't have left.  but he shouldn't have stayed on...it would have been better for him to call it a day at the top of his game instead of scratching around of 1st team games and struggling when he does play.

Fowler is a legend...but having people laugh at him falling over the ball half a dozen times and passing the ball out of play in the pub sad to see.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Gonzalez should go in the summer. I thought Zenden played ok tho

LOL - Gonazalez did not have his best game in a Red shirt I agree but, he did hit a few descent crosses in......I reckon if he played the 90 mins we would of won by more as Crouch would of had the service he had been screaming out 4 ALL night!!!

Oh and 2 say Zenden was ok............get a grip lad!!!!!
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:19 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

ciggy, Robbie didn't even celebrate the goal Crouch scored and he couldn't keep up with the mach, despite him being a sub. He's a legend but he's not enjoying it and it really shows.

Oh yes he did celebrate it in Crouchs arms, maybe if you didnt watch it online you would have seen it.
I will not have fellow scouse Liverpool players slagged off I wont sztand for it when he came on he got the biggest reception ever again.
It doesnt matter if you dont love him but we certainly do.
I know he isnt the Robbie of old I know he will not fit into our system, but I prefer him to stay than Voronin coming whos he like?
Us scousers are proud of a Liverpool backbone and at the moment there is only 3 if Fowler goes its 2.
LFC identity needs to remain scouse even though there are not that many good players coming through the ranks.
Players need to know what it means to play for us and not just here for a pay cheque.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:22 pm

7_Kewell wrote:Fowler is a legend...but having people laugh at him falling over the ball half a dozen times and passing the ball out of play in the pub sad to see.

Where was this pub?
Not in Liverpool I imagine, Who ever claims to be a Liverpool fan and laughs at Fowler needs to go and support another team.
And them mongs in the pub go back to their sad borin lives whilst Robbie is laughing all the way to the bank the 3rd richest man in the North west HA HA HA HA   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Ciggy wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Oh yes he did celebrate it in Crouchs arms, maybe if you didnt watch it online you would have seen it.
I will not have fellow scouse Liverpool players slagged off I wont sztand for it when he came on he got the biggest reception ever again.
It doesnt matter if you dont love him but we certainly do.
I know he isnt the Robbie of old I know he will not fit into our system, but I prefer him to stay than Voronin coming whos he like?
Us scousers are proud of a Liverpool backbone and at the moment there is only 3 if Fowler goes its 2.
LFC identity needs to remain scouse even though there are not that many good players coming through the ranks.
Players need to know what it means to play for us and not just here for a pay cheque.

i watched the match in the pub and Fowlers face wasn't a happy one. I agree about having a Scouse backbone and i'm sure Rafa is working away in the background to ensure homegrown players will come through.

Maybe you've hit the nail on the head....God was so great when he was here first time round, its difficult to get use to him playing anything but his old form.

I have plenty of Scouse mates and at Everton it was painful to watch Fowler struggle against the blueshite...today was a similar performance and one pass back doesn't change that.  I personally think its sad to see a legend struggle....it reminds me of the time Barnes lost it...he played on for a while but it was sad to watch a LFC great struggle against players who will never be half as good.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:24 pm

Even without taking in consideration what Fowler means, he didn't do a bad game whatsoever IMHO  :blush:

I really loved a couple of things he did in the first half, his team mates tried the individual option more than once instead of providing him service, and after the goal there wasn't much of a match really. Maybe I'm wrong!, but his game wasn't bad!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion