PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dward » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:23 pm

JBG wrote:Don't be surprised if PSV beat us (albeit narrowly, like 0-1) in this one.

I agree that it's a possiblity, especially since they've got Kone back. We don't really seem to win games we don't need to win.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:43 pm

We should try to send a message to all of europe with a good win like the mancs did yesterday anouther 3to5 nil win would let them know that liverpool are a force to be reckond with
grayghost

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:47 pm

grayghost wrote:We should try to send a message to all of europe with a good win like the mancs did yesterday anouther 3to5 nil win would let them know that liverpool are a force to be reckond with

its just a guess but with us having benitez as manager kinda lets everyone know that anyway. teams are wary of LFC in europe cos we have a european focused manager.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lawrenson_sarah » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Looking forward to this game :)

Hope we dont mess anythin up
www.myspace.com/lawrenson_sarah

www.sarahlawrenson.piczo.com

He's scouse, he's sound. He'll T-w-a-t you with a pound Carragher - Carragher
lawrenson_sarah
LFC Super Member

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:55 pm

I'm working 1-9 today well gutted but I'll have skysports.com live scores up. I'll be Jeff Stelling it!

Ian Mcalally what are your thoughts? IM: Well yer aye Lerpool will feckin spank chelsay in the semay an if they pley d'man yoo day'l t.wat d'berstads ya harlepool c.unt ye!
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:18 pm

grayghost wrote:We should try to send a message to all of europe with a good win like the mancs did yesterday anouther 3to5 nil win would let them know that liverpool are a force to be reckond with

Thats not going to happen.

PSV know they are effectively out, they will come to Anfield without any pressure but determined to salvage some pride.

Liverpool's players, for all of the cautionary talk of the past week, know that they are effectively though and subconsciously that will likely knock 25-30% off their game. PSV won't have the quality to get back into the tie but I wouldn't be surprised if we slipped to a narrow defeat in an awful match, ala losing to Sofia a couple of seasons back and the minnows who beat us at Anfield in the 2005 season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:23 pm

I don't think theres much point. I mean everyone saw what happened in PSV last week. There is more point in saving players who have got yellow cards and not risking losing them in the next match. So long as we get through without any suspensions that will do for me.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:41 pm

I think we should play our strongest side bar a few who have yellows. btw does anyone know when we play chelsea are we home or away 1st ?

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Forever_Red » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:50 pm

Liverpool will be at home for the second leg should we make it through :)
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby dward » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:53 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:I think we should play our strongest side bar a few who have yellows. btw does anyone know when we play chelsea are we home or away 1st ?

We play at Stamford Bridge first on the 24th or 25th April.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:44 pm

If you want me to choose, i rather we win this in small margin. Either 1-0 or 2-1 will do me.

I don't want to thrash a weaker side by sending them 6 goals because adviseable we are going for honour not for another vengeance preparation.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:50 pm

Cant believe how relaxed I feel, doesnt even feel like we are playing in a CL quarter final.
Very strange indeed.  :sniffle

And please Rafa start your best possible team stop worrying about bans and injuries, get the job done then take the 3 off you want resting.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:52 pm

Mascherano is on a yellow ( even though it was bollox booking) so i dont think he will play a part tonight, i can also see Gerrard being on the bench and possibly carra. i think he might go bellamy fowler upfront.

Rafa is making all the right noises about the job not being done and to remember istanbul, so you would think he will send out our strongest 11....we shall see :;):
destro

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Rafa should play a strong team. Our league position will look after itself so play a weakened side there whereas Man Utd and Chelsea will continue to go full pelt burning valuable energy. In such case we should focus 100% on CL and look to get to the final by beating a tired Chavski devoid of imagination or the ability to turn ideas into goals.

Which shirt shall I wear for the final....  decisions.. decisions...  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:41 pm

Sky are kunts they have just said now we are going over to Anfield where there is no trouble.

Team:

Reina

Arbeloa Agger Hyppia Riise

Pennant Sissoko Alonso Zenden

Crouch Bellamy

Subs:

subs:

Dudek
Gerrard
Fowler
Gonzalez
Mascherano
Carragher
Paletta
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion