PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:41 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Stu.Murph wrote:Was a different thread from ages ago... basically boys. Just ignore me. Its early. I've been sleepless since 4am. :(

No mate I'm playing mind games  :alien:  I know what your on about. Pineapples and Bannanas in pyjamas.

Erm... ???

Bedtime for Stu me thinks... :D
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:45 am

Scene as this is the PSV thread, would anyone start with Fowler upfront for the second leg. ssshhhh I know you would Stu, I think I would too. Robbie desperately needs a first team runout it would be nice if Rafa oblidged.
66-1112520797

Postby Stu.Murph » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:49 am

Bamaga man wrote:Scene as this is the PSV thread, would anyone start with Fowler upfront for the second leg. ssshhhh I know you would Stu, I think I would too. Robbie desperately needs a first team runout it would be nice if Rafa oblidged.

Upfront with Bellamy definately. :)

7_Kewell wouldn't play him though... :laugh:
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:55 am

I hope Fowler plays against PSV too. Him and Lindfield make a lethal combination

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IYFThMDC4g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRx6ZO-dRhw

:D
JoeTerp

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:57 am

Bamaga man wrote:it would be nice if Rafa oblidged.

nice doesnt come into it.

fwiw i agree. But, come on...'nice' for who?  Fowler?

This is a European Cup we are going for. Benitez is 'obliged' to play his strongest hand. Whether that includes Robbie Fowler or not, he must not allow 'sentiment' (and ultimately wont allow it) to cloud his calculations. Look what fannying about did in the Domestic cups...

by all means use Fowler. If fit and mentally prepared. But not just cos he feels sorry for him.... (i do however, understand where your coming from). 

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:35 am

This is a European Cup we are going for. Benitez is 'obliged' to play his strongest hand

Nah mate dont agree not on this one, we're three nil up at home I highly doubt starting Robbie will hinder our progress through. He could still play his strongest team and just add Fowler in. Afterall Fowler is still in the Liverpool first squad as is Pennant and Gonzalez and Zenden, they get used, it would be a fitting occasion to play Robbie IMO and it would as I said before be nice if Rafa obliged to play Fowler.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 am

Stu have you been taking drugs lad?? :D
66-1120597113

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:19 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
This is a European Cup we are going for. Benitez is 'obliged' to play his strongest hand

Nah mate dont agree not on this one, we're three nil up at home I highly doubt starting Robbie will hinder our progress through. He could still play his strongest team and just add Fowler in. Afterall Fowler is still in the Liverpool first squad as is Pennant and Gonzalez and Zenden, they get used, it would be a fitting occasion to play Robbie IMO and it would as I said before be nice if Rafa obliged to play Fowler.

thats what i said...if you'd quoted my whole 'quote'  :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:33 pm

I'm glad I didn't miss this rivetting discussion. Pineapples, bananas, racists and Robbie Fowler, the mind boggles :D
account deleted by request

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:05 am

Im sure im not alone in thinking this could be Fowlers last season with us hopefully not but if he played against Psv on the second leg and we went on to win the champions league wouldnt it be a great leaving present for him a Champions league medal with the club he adores. Also Fowler isnt a bad player by any stretch of the imagination and starting him against PSV wouldnt be a huge risk. Hes finishing is second to none and despite him maybe not being as fit as some others he has scored a few for us this season without being offered alot of 1st team football. I am behind Fowler starting against PSV on the 11th

Reina

Finnan
Agger
Hyypia
Riise

Pennant
Alonso
Gerrard
Gonzales

Fowler
Kuyt              2-0 Gerrard Fowler

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Moop123 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:40 am

I am going to Heaven tomorrow for the PSV game for the 1st time - will be driving up from down south!   Is there anywhere anyone can recommend to park - I know that this is not the right place for this but could not find anywhere else to post??

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated?? :D
Moop123

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:51 am

I'm not one of the "let the squad players have a game" brigade, Rafa's gotta turn out his strongest side in every game between now and the end of the season..... Tiredness doesn't come into it either, these lads are superfit now, only injuries and knocks should keep them out..... Fergie said on Saturday that it was difficult going away in the EPL after a European week.... It didn't do our boys any harm!!!

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:37 pm

Got meself a ticket late in the day for this one and thoroughly looking forward to it. Only problem is that it's another ticket on someone else's fan card so getting a final ticket is gonna be very difficult  :(

I don't like the idea of playing anything other than our strongest team (if Rafa knows what that is) for this one and i really hope the players and the crowd take this match as seriously as any other despite the scoreline. An early goal for them could really spice things up so it's important we score first and finish the tie before it has a chance to get going.
Last edited by Scottbot on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:58 pm

I think robbie will get a run out for this game and with his scoring ratio this season i would not be surprised to see him get 1 or 2 wot ya reckon
grayghost

Postby jaytoothetee » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:41 pm

raring to go for the psv game after united's win tonight. let's stuff psv and show those cu.nts how to play real football
YNWA

One time, I saw a man looking at me, yes, with his eyes. And then, he, he picked up a tube. And he looked, in the tube, and he made the moon big, inside the tube. The moon big inside a tube! Waahaha... Aaah. Telescope.
jaytoothetee

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion