PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:56 pm

Just on a sidenote, can anybody confirm if FIFA has outlawed Peter Crouch? The way the ref blew his whistle for a free kick to PSV anytime the ball went anywhere near Crouch got me wondering. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Barca Murph » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:22 pm

Abit lucky last night weren't you :;):  :laugh:
Barca Murph

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:03 pm

Barca Murph wrote:Abit lucky last night weren't you :;):  :laugh:

sarcastic b.astard!  :laugh:
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PSV Eindhoven » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:13 pm

Made a little movie of the players coming up the pitch. Our noise was average...

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=4559141559116826282
PSV Eindhoven

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:58 pm

tithead wrote:About your mate who bricking it if we come up against yous, you must surely be scared of the prospect of meeting us in the final as well?

Fucking right.  :sniffle

I've posted elsewhere about it.  Might start a thread on it later.
jonnymac1979

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:46 pm

If Liverpool face Man U in the final, it will be the most nervy yet stagnant final in history. For the sake of this I hope it doesn't happen.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:57 am

It won't happen. They will be knocked out by Rome and even cannot get in the semi-final.:D
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:37 am

I just watched the game last night, Liverpool worked really hard for that result. PSV were shockingly poor as were Arsenal at the weekend. I think Reading will give us a much harder game than those two did.

Players that impressed me were Mascha, Finnan and Gerrard too. Aurelion had a good game until his unfortunate injury hope he recovers well enough. Agger and Carra were never troubled Reina could of got his tea set out. Alonso was poor in the first half but got better in the second. Crouch is playing well and I'm not with the club who want him out or sold in the summer, he brings another dimension to us and on top of that he's scoring goals. 7 in his last 7 appearances I think and Liverpools top score this season with 17, not bad for a player who hasnt been used much of late.

Kuyt's dissapointed me TBH, I dont know what Rafa's askng him to do because he's not playing as an out and out striker. we may aswell have a five man midfield and play Gerrard behind Crouch because Kuyt to me cant seem to get into any of our games he's ineffective IMO and we hardly ever see him in goal scoring positions.

I expect a comfortable game in the return leg and an easy passage through to the semi's, IF we can reach the final I reckon we've had one of the easyists routes any team has had.

Note: Paddy power has made Liverpool favourites to lift the European cup at 3/1 :O
66-1112520797

Postby babu » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:45 am

Maybe i am in the minority. But i don't want to meet Man U in the final.

Its not that i am worried we would get done, despite losing to them we have played pretty well against them.

Its just if we did get to the final and lost to Man U, i think i would have to start watching netball or something for a few years.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:47 am

Its not that i am worried we would get done, despite losing to them we have played pretty well against them.

Its just if we did get to the final and lost to Man U, i think i would have to start watching netball or something for a few years.

Agreed. I want them to get knocked out before the Semis.

Liverpool vs AC Milan would be the best final, with us winning of course, LOL.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:52 am

We're not there yet lads - don't get carried away.

There's a long way to go...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:53 am

True.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:05 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:

Agreed. I want them to get knocked out before the Semis.

Liverpool vs AC Milan would be the best final, with us winning of course, LOL.

I also like to see us play AC Milan in the final. But their 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich in the first leg made me a little bit concerned about their prospect through the semi.
I wouldn't like a LFC vc Man united final, just because I don't like to see uefa CL turn out to be another EPL. It should be a more exciting game against other European club.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby whylongball? » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:35 am

i dont know about you but i quite like the idea of playing ManU in the final. if you want to be the best you have to bet the best and what can be better beating them?They are actually very good this season and if paired up with them, i think we would win :)
whylongball?

Postby Lucky » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:02 am

I watched a program about CL quarter final last nignt. When the topic came to the prospect of PSV in the second leg game, the host asked the guest, began like if PSV had a slightest chance...the guest (an Arsenal fan) just shook his head and said firmly, no, there won't be any chance for them.
I know we shouldn't be carried away and still have a way to go, but I'm just glad to hear people begin to give us more credit.:laugh:
Lucky

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion