PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:14 am

Midfieldduo of Xabi and Mascerano looks solid
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:17 am

Well done, reds! Now I can't help being overconfident to feel that we've been secured into semi-final. The only question left is who we will take then. Valencia, I hope:D
It looks to me that PSV didn't have much desire to win the game, even in their home pitch. They seemed to have kind of giving it up even before Gerrard's head score. When Gerrard was heading the ball, their defenders and goalkeeper looked as if they had not the slightest idea of what's going on there and just blankly watched the ball flying into the net. A really beautiful thing to watch, isn't it? :laugh:
Since then they had been completely overwhemled by us. Riise took the chance from their misplay and turned it into the second goal for us. A nice one! Crouch seemed finally learned how to use his head to score. A good thing for a man with such a height. And for us, too. :laugh:
Bring us more goal at Anfield, reds! :buttrock
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:40 am

I love going on Bluekipper every now and then just to see how jealous they are after we have a good win or something. The best times are like now. Every now and then a thread created by a jealous c**t pops up in the "Everton only discussion". Then all hell breaks loose and they start slagging one another off for starting threads about us in "Everton only" and asking for one another to get banned, Lol!. Watching those bitter c**ts is a sport in itself :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby tithead » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:51 am

Anfield rapper wrote:
What a result for us. A clear message to the rest of Europe that we can beat teams home and away. Just spoke to a mate who's a Man U fan and he is bricking it that they get to the final and face us.  :D

"EXCITE ME EVERTON!!!" LMFAO!! :D

First of, it was a brilliant result, to score 3 goals away from home in Europe is a brilliant result, even if the opposition were poor.

Secondly, most people I know felt that you had one hand in the semi's as soon as the draw was made and PSV started to get their injuries.

About your mate who bricking it if we come up against yous, you must surely be scared of the prospect of meeting us in the final as well?
tithead

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:57 am

tithead wrote:First of, it was a brilliant result, to score 3 goals away from home in Europe is a brilliant result, even if the opposition were poor.

Secondly, most people I know felt that you had one hand in the semi's as soon as the draw was made and PSV started to get their injuries.

About your mate who bricking it if we come up against yous, you must surely be scared of the prospect of meeting us in the final as well?

We dont fear NO ONE in Europe, just couldnt bare the hasstle of getting drawn with you lot, Id like to relax and enjoy the final not be living on my nerves.
Whomever got beat there would be world war 3 in Greece both clubs getting banned it aint worth it.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:29 am

Fantastic win last night. The best thing for me was Mascherano - again. We've got ourselves a gem of a midfielder there.
We've now got four amazing midfielders, and they each bring something different to the table. I wouldn't lose too much sleep if one of them got injured due to the strength and depth. Look at last year when we lost Momo - we struggled. We're not even missing him at the moment.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:37 am

It would be Carnage mate.

In a way it would suit Liverpool, who no doubt would suddenly become the 'underdogs'. But i dread to think of the trail of destruction across Europe after...

(impossible i know.. but if it IS LFC v MUFC in the Final, what a great game that could have been if it switched to Wembley- for security reasons at the very least) That aint happening in any event. But it would be sensible, under the circumstances. Of course, from an administrative POV - totally out of the question this late on.

I have a sneaky feeling it could well be AC again and it wont matter anyhow. On second thoughts...im not sure between them 2 who would be the least stressful to play.  I cannot go through all that 3:0 down stuff again and emerge with an intact digestive system!!   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby kunilson » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:59 am

luverly jubberly.....

that performance was brilliant, the thing i liked about it was that there wasn't only one standout from one of our boys that u can say won us the match, they all just played really well together.....i was a bit worried when we started off with all those long balls, but once we got our passing game sorted it was great to watch...all the goals were scored at good intervals so we never allowed them back in the match, solid performance...
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:06 pm

Very good performance.

Can't believe PSV beat Arsenal.

I thought we were taking the p1$$ though bringing on Zendan and Pennant, how demoralising must be for the oppposition to see us saying, "we can beat you, even with these guys on" :D

Finnan was class.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Very, very comfortable - which is why it'd be daft to read too much into it. However, Xabi and The Chief has more than an alliterative ring to it as a combination; they look very classy together. The goals were all quality and kudos to Steve Finnan for his contribution. I've actually always rated his attacking play as his two-footedness means he can cross with either foot - a nightmare for defenders. The only thing he lacks is pace, which is why he is often more circumspect going forward as it can leave him isolated up the pitch if the attack breaks down quickly. Last night though, that wasn't a factor; he was class. Also, it was a shame about Aurelio as he's been doing well. Unfortunately, it's entirely in keeping with his fitness record of the last few years though. Oh, and well-in Dirk; good thinking.

Also, this game demonstrated the main difference under the current regime. Yes PSV were poor, but under Houllier, having gone in 1-0 up at half time, could you really have seen us coming out so attacking and killing the game off in the first 20 minutes of the second half?
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:18 pm

Made up with the performance, to win 3-0 away in the first leg of the Champions league quarter finals was beyond most peoples expectations.
I have never seen a home side less interested though, it was bizarre to watch at times. Agger and Carragher for about 10 minutes were just knocking it to each other with nobody coming near them, i changed the channel for a second to make sure it wasnt me sky f'ckin up  :D

Gutted for Aurellio the lad was starting to really look the part and then gets a freak injury that end his season, more than a shame and the worst thing is it could mean that we have to see more of Zenden or Gonzalez in the first team, both not good enough.

All three goals were class, and the last two games with Mascherano and Alonso in the centre we have totally dominated posession.
The argentine again was fantastic and looks and inspired signing.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby premiership fan » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Bunch of video clips from this game are availableHERE
premiership fan

Postby PSV Eindhoven » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 pm

Well played Liverpool, just the better team. We are having difficulties in the league and some injured so we could not face you guys at our best. As a PSV-supporter am very happy we managed to get into the 1/4 final. It is not something we reach every year and am still quite proud.

Cant talk really well, been supporting our boys the entire evening on the East section. You were quite noise sometimes as well.. although at the other side of the stadium you cant hear the away sectiont hat well.

Again well played and I hope you face Bayern Munchen in the final. Our Mark van Bommel plays there and I hope he plays the final. Cheers..
PSV Eindhoven

Postby grayghost » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:54 pm

grayghost wrote:I  think we could book are selfs in to the next rond with a 3-0 win tomo i just get the felling we are starting to take off again like when we won it last time come on you reds

I thank you   :buttrock  :buttrock
grayghost

Postby Marccc » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:55 pm

Congratulations all people:;): 

Liverpool played very well againt PSV, wonderfull shot from Riise!!

You Liverpool fans are the greatest fans from Europe/the world, it was fantastic at Eindhoven yesterday! A great football party on the square @ EHV:D

Sorry for my english! I'm Dutch!
Marccc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion