PSV VS LIVERPOOL - C/L Quarter final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedBlood » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:35 pm

great performance for the lads exactly what you need away in europe

i have to say i cant see anything but a semi final place now and i would give a few players like paletta anderson and el zahr time on the pitch in the next leg but not go all out with the changes because as we have proved ourselves in the past anything is possible

i am gutted about auerillo he has had no luck this season and i would have loved to have seen a player with such great ability play more this season, hopefully he can recover and play for us soon
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 pm

would love to see anderson on the wing with el zhar and fowler up top and lindfield to come on after god's hat trick. would start with reina just in case
JoeTerp

Postby Elchris » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 pm

what a patnership with alonso and mascherano in the middle...if gerrard gets to play behind a striker with that 2 behind him , he looks to be more dangerous . Kuyt did not have a good game. The refree was oso kinda hard against crouch.

Overall a fantastic profesional display by the side. Very Happy  :)
Elchris

Postby premiership fan » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:51 pm

Clips from the game are here http://championsleaguegoals.blogspot.com/
premiership fan

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:53 pm

Elchris wrote:what a patnership with alonso and mascherano in the middle...

:cool: Superb arnt they we can sell Sissoko to Barca now.

*Runs for cover*
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Alonso IMO was terrible in the first half, wasn't looking for the ball at all
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 pm

When Riise scored Rafa was writting, didnt even look, and Paco had a clipboard to his face and didnt even put it down.
:laugh: These two make me laugh either Rafa looks at his watch or starts shouting orders Maureen and Fergie run up and down the touchline.
Even when the final whistle went in Istanbul Rafa looked at his watch  :D
Feckin class.
Even though Id like him to show some emotion sometimes.
Best ever when the steward at Anfield hugged him and lifted him up in the air when Gerrard scored he was like WTF :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:09 pm

Don't we look fantastic?  It's all coming together.

Mascherano was quality, looks like he has fantastic ability on the ball and can spot a pass.  The defence were great again, our wide play was excellent, the tempo was high.  We didn't look tired or complacent anywhere on the park.  Everyone did their job well.

Absolutely no complaints.  The Anfield leg is going to be brilliant.

Plus, (forgive me for saying this but I think we've done enough to go through to the semi-finals) we will know who we're going to play out of Valencia and Chelsea by the time the next leg comes around.
jonnymac1979

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Loved that bits Ciggy too :)

ANother question I may have missed, what exactly happened in that ball that bounced strangely just when the second half started when it seemed it was going away? was it due to the curl? or due to a little heap of grass? I haven't seen such a thing never! and in the tv I couldn't see a close view of the event.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 pm

Sabre wrote:Loved that bits Ciggy too :)

ANother question I may have missed, what exactly happened in that ball that bounced strangely just when the second half started when it seemed it was going away? was it due to the curl? or due to a little heap of grass? I haven't seen such a thing never! and in the tv I couldn't see a close view of the event.

The ground was bad off the pitch it happened on sunday Heracles V Ajax, Ajax's ground is out of this world but it doesnt get no sun due to the roof it can be closed there was divets everywhere.
Tonight the ball hit a mound of mud and just swung back in weird  :suspect:
There is another ground in Holland I think NAC they lift the turf out on wheels after a game to get sun light then wheel it back in to play a game.  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:21 pm

I thought it was just mad backspin on that one Sabre.

Tonight's performance is the kind of dominant, efficient display that I think we should be putting in week in, week out in the league. Not all teams will be so anaemic up front, but we kept possession as well as I've seen from us for absolutely ages.

PSV were incredibly poor, that has to be said, but we looked absolutely on the money throughout. I couldn't believe how much time Carra and Agger had to play with the ball almost at the halfway line at times.

Huge sour note is the injury to Aurelio. He had a good game tonight until that point, and has been starting to look like a fixture on the left, but I'm guessing that's his season done, and he may find himself fighting to make the start of next season. Get well soon mate.

Other than that though I was delighted. That PSV side will not score 3 goals away from home, and even if they do they'll concede hatfuls while they do it. For a quarter final, it was an incredibly comfortable hour and a half of viewing.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm

Ciggy wrote:When Riise scored Rafa was writting, didnt even look, and Paco had a clipboard to his face and didnt even put it down.
:laugh: These two make me laugh either Rafa looks at his watch or starts shouting orders Maureen and Fergie run up and down the touchline.
Even when the final whistle went in Istanbul Rafa looked at his watch  :D
Feckin class.
Even though Id like him to show some emotion sometimes.
Best ever when the steward at Anfield hugged him and lifted him up in the air when Gerrard scored he was like WTF :D

:D

Good observations on all things Rafa Lyns. The mans so inaminate sometimes you feel like checking for a pulse to see if he's still with us !   :D

Given the choice I'd rather have an ice cool Rafa than a demented Scotchman dancing like my Dad every time his team scores or that Portugese fist pumping wannabee they have at Chelsea !  :p

Back to the game and you can almost smell the anticipation and expectation around the team at present. The last 2 games have lifted the whole club and in Mascherano I believe we have awakened an obvious talrent. I was impressed watching him on Saturday and tonight he was superb.

Maybe Athens won't be a Greek tragedy after all ! :D 

I'll get my coat  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:29 pm

Very impressive performance.

Total BS booking for Kuyt at the end though.

Can't be overconfident, but it's looking likely we are through to the Semis.

Excellent performance.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:41 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Total BS booking for Kuyt at the end though.

Kuyt said on NOS3 he took the booking on purpose to play in the semi final.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 pm

Damn that wily sneaky devil.

Dirk, Manhattan applauds your absurdly brilliant and scheming mind.

BTW- I forgot to mention Aurelio. Looked really bad. Out for the rest of the season apparently. I wish him a speedy recovery. At first, I thought he had been bitten by a snake.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion