PSV EINDHOVEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to buck up lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:49 pm

Well......time to up that eversh1t result behind us and concerntrate on the trophy which we are gonna win come may 2007....  :buttrock

Hope rafa gets back to basic and picks his strongest side for this game....

No more "who performs the best in training"...No more "who is the most freshest" ...... Just pick the strongest team rafa and we will do fine. Yeah we have a stonger squad and all but this could be a disadvantage if rafa keeps chopping and changing his squad every match....

Anyway, coming to the champions league match....i would like to see -

1)Alonso dropped - Don't get me wrong...i like alonso and all, but he hasn't been performing well at all. He needs a few games on the bench

2)Gerrard has to be in the centre - All this :censored: about gerrard being a great RW is :censored:. The fact is gerrard is a such an awesome player that he can do a great job in any position. Give him RB and he will be great...Give him support striker and he will be great. But for Gerrard to fully impose himself, he has to be playing in the centre of midfield, with sissoko cleaning up behind him (Looks like we are missing hamann now). I also don't like that fact that gerrard always seem to cut in when playing RW, and that leave a lot of space for the opposition LB & LW to expose. So Gerrard has to be in the centre.

3)Make sure we play either Bellamy or Kujit every game. Fowler and Crouch combo is no different from Crouch and Morientes combo (Slow and unmobile strikers)...They just don't work..... (BTW, this is not a dig at crouch as i am starting to become a massive crouch fan. He just needs a more mobile striker to play off him...not Fowler).

Well...thats all folks.

Here is how my team line-up will be.

- Although hyppia looked slow, he always raises his game in the champions league...So start with him.

- Carra to play if he is fit...if not being in agger.

- Still not convinced with gonzales (i always knew that english league was a lot tougher to play in than the spanish league)... so i will start with garcia. Hope kewell recovers soon.

- Kujit has to start because he is so familiar with the dutch league..... (also cos crouch is looking preety knackered after the international matches).

Hoping for a scrappy 1-0 win.

Reina
     Finnan    Carra/Agger    Hyppia    Auerlio
                            Sissoko
    Pennant             Gerrard              Garcia
                   Bellamy
                                      Kujit
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby molovinPSV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:18 pm

after what I've seen today from Liverpool, they really must raise their game if they don't  wanna lose at Eindhoven. Beacause our 2 attackers (farfan and kone) are faster and better than that of everton and your defence really sucked today
molovinPSV

Postby matrix » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:42 pm

molovinPSV wrote:after what I've seen today from Liverpool, they really must raise their game if they don't  wanna lose at Eindhoven. Beacause our 2 attackers (farfan and kone) are faster and better than that of everton and your defence really sucked today

no offence dude  but you will face a much different liverpool  you dont offer the same kind of threat that the bitters do...i dont mean this in a bad way but you are not as phisical as the bitters...  kuyt cant wait to get at you...   :nod

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby molovinPSV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:17 pm

I realise now that we miss our captain, Cocu. He will be a great miss for us, without him we aren't as good as with him
molovinPSV

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:45 pm

molovinPSV wrote:after what I've seen today from Liverpool, they really must raise their game if they don't  wanna lose at Eindhoven. Beacause our 2 attackers (farfan and kone) are faster and better than that of everton and your defence really sucked today

Yep we will need to get better organised and play better too. But it has been less than a day and half since most of the first team were back from those poxy internationals, Kuyt included (though he looks great).

We should be in better shape for the next games, and you should certainly expect different perfromances.

Today was the first time we lost in 18 matches.. not bad going I'd say and but for some amateurish errors, the margin of defeat would not have been so flattering to the 'oppossition'.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:25 pm

Reina HAS to be dropped. Bring back Dudek for a run of games :(
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:47 pm

time for dudek to take over reina IMO, kuyt should play as he knows the opposition more than any of our players. Hopefully the slap in the face today will kick start our season
onizukaeikichi

Postby redsince2001 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:19 pm

more like kick in the nuts!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Rush » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:37 pm

Well Red wrote:Reina HAS to be dropped. Bring back Dudek for a run of games :(

And when Dudek starts fecking up I suppose it will be time for Reina to have a run of games.   :no
Rush

Postby stew_the_red » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:44 pm

Rest Hyypia and let him get refreshed for the Chelsea game next weekend. Give Kuyt a start, stick with Alonso, he will play himself into form, even when he hasn’t got his passing game going his defesive work is superb. Bring Gonzalez in on the left to give us some width with Gerrard both going wide and coming in off the touch line from the right.

Reina

Finnan   Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Gerrard    Alonso    Sissoko  Gonzalez

Kuyt      Bellamy
stew_the_red

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:50 pm

stew_the_red wrote:Rest Hyypia and let him get refreshed for the Chelsea game next weekend. Give Kuyt a start, stick with Alonso, he will play himself into form, even when he hasn’t got his passing game going his defesive work is superb. Bring Gonzalez in on the left to give us some width with Gerrard both going wide and coming in off the touch line from the right.

Reina

Finnan   Carragher   Agger   Aurelio

Gerrard    Alonso    Sissoko  Gonzalez

Kuyt      Bellamy

That team looks good to me. Save Crouch and Hyypia for Chelsea.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:29 pm

It'll be a very difficult game no doubt about it. I'm tempted to say that I'd be happy with a draw, although I still maintain that we have the quality to beat them if we're switched on.

In many ways I'm glad Guus Hiddink has left PSV because he's the only manager who can match Rafa tactically in Europe imo. They've got some decent players still, Patrick Kluivert, Farfan (Forwards), Philip Cocu (Midfielder) and Alex (Defender). However when you look at the players they've lost in the last 2-3 years (Van Bommel, Kezman, Robben, Venegoor of Hesselink, Bouma) they're not what they used to be.

Kuyt has to start upfront because we're playing against opposition which he knows better than most. Bellamy should start alongside him. At the back, Agger should come in for the clearly unfit Carragher, who should be rested for the Chelsea game.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby molovinPSV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:30 pm

I think that bellamy will have a tough night against alex, last week with Wales he was completely dominated bij alex
molovinPSV

Postby Red Dotty » Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:50 pm

Chance to get the season underway and boost the confidence ahead of the Chelski game.

2-0 away win

Reina
Finnan
Agger
Carra
Aurellio
Pennant
Gerrard
Alonso
Sissoko
Garcia
Kuyt

We won it 5 times la la la la :hearts
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby molovinPSV » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:03 pm

I would be happy with a draw against you guys, though I (offcourse) prefer a win. But cocu will prove a real miss to us, he could be the man to outplay gerrard. I really fear him with his shots from outside the box
molovinPSV

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion