PSV EINDHOVEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to buck up lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:46 am

[quote] Liverpool fans already have a reputation for being thickle (dont know how to spell that word) [quote]

Thats news to me.

Oh, and its fickle
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:13 pm

Ciggy wrote:Time to put the derby to bed now, Im still gutted but a win and a good performance tommorrow will ease the pain no doubt.

There will be more changes to the squad probably Agger coming in for Carra as he is not match fit.
I hope to god Warnocks back because Aurelio is a liability at present at LB.

Zenden will probably play Alonso is just not at the races at the moment, but he will come good form is temperary you know the rest.

We really need a good performance tommorrow, to get some confidence back and to give us something to cheer about.

Reina

Finnan             Agger            Hyypia         Warnock/Aurelio

Pennant           Sissoko          Zenden        Gonzales

Gerrard

Bellamy

sorry cig but that lineup looks to similar to the one which struggled against haifa at home to me. with that lineup, we'll end up with bellamy running the channels and we'll have nobody in the box again.

also, gerrard should not be played as a second striker. it's not his position and doesn't make the best use of his strengths.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby onizukaeikichi » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Octopuses Garden, Reina has numerous mistakes not only one, since the FA cup Final he hasnt looed solid.

I will defo hope Kuyt and Bellamy playing up front against PSV, please not a lone striker tactic!
onizukaeikichi

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:20 pm

stmichael wrote:sorry cig but that lineup looks to similar to the one which struggled against haifa at home to me. with that lineup, we'll end up with bellamy running the channels and we'll have nobody in the box again.

also, gerrard should not be played as a second striker. it's not his position and doesn't make the best use of his strengths.

Your probably right St and it wont be anything like that line up knowing Rafa  :D
I meant Gerrard in a free roaming roll, not as a 2nd striker, but good news anyway Bellamys in the squad for tommorrow as is Paletta.
No news on Warnock tho.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kuyt » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:29 pm

I think Kuyt should start, as he has played these many times if I am correct?

I wouldn't have thought for a minute that PSV could cause us any serious problems, until Saturdays Derby performance.

Once thing I have noticed about us in the warm ups and so far in the prem, we have started off at a very low tempo and taking a while to get into games.

We need to be at the races from the off.
Kuyt

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:51 pm

it's a fair point about not starting particularly well. we've gone behind in most of the competitive games we've played this season. our strong point last season was that when we took the lead in games, teams found it very hard to get back into games due to our defensive solidity.

can anyone remember the last time we took the lead in a competitive game and lost? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:07 pm

stmichael wrote:it's a fair point about not starting particularly well. we've gone behind in most of the competitive games we've played this season. our strong point last season was that when we took the lead in games, teams found it very hard to get back into games due to our defensive solidity.

can anyone remember the last time we took the lead in a competitive game and lost? ???

Arsenal 2-1 ?
account deleted by request

Postby coddy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:48 pm

If Saturday is anything to go by then we are going to get humped by PSV. PSV are obviously a better side than the Bluenoses.

Even with certain decisions going against us, we cannot affords defensive errors, we are World reknown for having a solid defence and Saturday made us look like idiots.

Im hoping that Kuyt starts with Pennant and im guessing Bellamy will start after being dropped on saturday.

Maybe place Carra on the bench if he is still a bit jaded??
YNWA Drummerphil RIP

Immortalised by his own Legend. God Speed.

End Transmission.....
coddy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GFB_oNuR » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:49 pm

Come on Liverpool !!
GENC FENERBAHCELILER  &  THE  KOP     

WE HATE [G]alat[A]sara[Y]
GFB_oNuR

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:52 pm

from football365

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez says his players are being "too nice" after a 3-0 derby drubbing at Goodison Park.

The Reds defence was certainly generous against Everton at the weekend, with Jamie Carragher and Pepe Reina culpable for goals.

Sami Hyypia looked slow against the pace of Andrew Johnson while Fabio Aurelio made Liverpool vulnerable on the left.

"We will have to improve in defence," Benitez said. "We made a lot of mistakes, too many mistakes and in football, you pay for them.

"Our defending was really poor. It was not just one player to blame in the defence.

"Last season we had a lot of clean sheets so we need to analyse why we are conceding goals so easily.

"I thought we were too nice at times and put ourselves under pressure. Someone said to me we had 21 shots at goal but that counts for nothing if you don't take your chances.

"In the second half, we went forward and created chances but couldn't score, so in the end, we paid for that."

Benitez is set to ring the changes against PSV Eindhoven in the Champions League, with Damiel Agger possibly coming into the defence.

Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy look set to start up front after resting the Welshman in favour of a leaden-footed Peter Crouch and Robbie Fowler backfired on Saturday.
112-1077774096

Postby CardinalRed » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:16 pm

Starting this game against Dutch opposition without Kuyt up front would be unbelievable, he's just left their League and can you imagine their defenders? "sh*t, we thought we'd seen the last of him"
Let's go for pace in this one and let Crouchie have a bit of a rest and use him from the bench if needed, Carra would prefer to be up against a Kluivert type striker especially so soon after his injury.
Dunno about the rest of you but Xabi looked out of sorts on Saturday, quite a few passes went astray which is definitely unlike him... Let's try Stevie and Momo in the middle for this one...

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 pm

:cool:  The boys look very relaxed, Rafa's training kits boss.

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:12 pm

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:14 pm

why does everyone keep suggesting that alonso be dropped? the guy needs games so he can play himself back into form. dropping him's hardly going to help the guy is it?

funnily enough, this game has got me thinking of hamann again. it's the sort of match in which he would have excelled.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby MaccaLFC » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:15 pm

I'd drop Xabi. He needs a kick up the :censored:, badly off form. Gerrard & Momo in the middle with Gonzalez & Pennant as wide men. Bellamy & Dirk up top.
Der der der der der der der derrr!
MaccaLFC

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion