PSV EINDHOVEN VS LIVERPOOL - Time to buck up lads

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:24 am

GOAT wrote:Just be quiet girl you know, act your age, any need for silly little comments like that? just for the record, last time i checked i was a scouser, yknow being born and growing up in liverpool an all.. Just be quiet and try to talk football instead of causin arguments, im done with you  :sleep

edit
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:28 am

christ aint pmt a bitch
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:29 am

Graeme Noble wrote:Robbie Fowler is too old and slow to play for us.

Hmmm...

Didn't you or some other pr*ck say that last season?

Two games after an injury, and you make that declaration.

Knobhead.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:39 am

edit
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:58 am

Ciggy wrote:
GOAT wrote:Just be quiet girl you know, act your age, any need for silly little comments like that? just for the record, last time i checked i was a scouser, yknow being born and growing up in liverpool an all.. Just be quiet and try to talk football instead of causin arguments, im done with you  :sleep

Sorry but any person with a name like Goat is not a scouser.
And for two who the feck do you think you are threatening me  :) And for what its worth I am ashamed to say after supporting LFC for 30 years you have made an appearence.
I appoligise my fellow brethren for such a knob :)  Who has to name as the one with little horns.  :laugh:

:laugh: Yeah, whatevar u say, keep em comin
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:03 am

a lot of improvement needed....they arent gelling as a team.....defensively tho it was a big improvement, very impressed with Agger in particular....he gets better by the game and looks very confident, midfield not good at all, zenden was a passenger and pennant was v poor, aurelio was shocking, his corners were awful...a junior level footballer would have done better...up front Kuyt and Bellamy did well and look promising....sort out the midfield and things will get better. A xabi alonso playing well again is badly needed, and Stevie Gs role needs to be sorted This right midfield/centre midfield thing (In a way Rafa is spoiled for choice with Momo, Xabi and Stevie vying for two positions.....I dont buy into resting Stevie in a European game ..if he gets tired then take him off) Roll on Chelsea and the team Rafa decides to pick
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:04 am

As far as I am concerned, it was a good point for us against a strong side.

The players who were criticised for their displays against Neverton aquitted themselves well, I feel.

Reina kept a clean sheet, and Alonso played really well. Not spectacular, but very well.

Just how you want your defensive midfielder to play.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:05 am

and who went an upset Ciggy...? tut tut
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby GOAT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:07 am

Well now that torrent of uncalled for abuse from that charming lady is over maybe we can all finally talk football.

It wasnt exactly an easy game today, that is the hardest one of the group out of the way though, we had many chances to win it but at the end of the day 0-0 aint bad. 1st clean sheet of the season aswell, bound to give us confidence. I thought there was a lot of improvement in the performance tonight, hopefully we can keep on improving. Now to put one over chavski on sunday, cant wait
:buttrock
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am

Pedro O'Maradona wrote:a lot of improvement needed....they arent gelling as a team.....defensively tho it was a big improvement, very impressed with Agger in particular....he gets better by the game and looks very confident, midfield not good at all, zenden was a passenger and pennant was v poor, aurelio was shocking, his corners were awful...a junior level footballer would have done better...up front Kuyt and Bellamy did well and look promising....sort out the midfield and things will get better. A xabi alonso playing well again is badly needed, and Stevie Gs role needs to be sorted This right midfield/centre midfield thing (In a way Rafa is spoiled for choice with Momo, Xabi and Stevie vying for two positions.....I dont buy into resting Stevie in a European game ..if he gets tired then take him off) Roll on Chelsea and the team Rafa decides to pick

Well the emergence of Agger could benefit us more than we suspect.

The "Gerrard problem" you refer to could be solved by playing the following 3-5-2 formation:

Reina

JC                 Sami              Agger

Alonso                Sissoko

Pennant                            Gerrard                       Gonzalez

Crouch           Kuyt.

Defensively, Alonso and Sissoko can easily switch to the flanks to play as wing-backs, with Stevie dropping back as a central defensive midfielder, essentially giving us 2 banks of 3. Drop Pennant and Gonzalez back aswell, and we have a 5-3-2 formation, which allows for a quick break on the counter.

Finnan is obviously the fall-guy, and I can't really justify dropping him, so he could play instead of Pennant, giving more solidity to the righthand side.

Either way - it's a heck of a team.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:11 am

GOAT wrote:It wasnt exactly an easy game today, that is the hardest one of the group out of the way though

you think tonight was easier than galatasaray away is going to be? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:15 am

stmichael wrote:
GOAT wrote:It wasnt exactly an easy game today, that is the hardest one of the group out of the way though

you think tonight was easier than galatasaray away is going to be? ???

Well yeah galatasaray away will be a bit of a problem obviously..just trying to find positives!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:15 am

GOAT wrote:Well now that torrent of uncalled for abuse from that charming lady is over maybe we can all finally talk football.

I did not upset you's it was the other way around.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro O'Maradona » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:21 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Pedro O'Maradona wrote:a lot of improvement needed....they arent gelling as a team.....defensively tho it was a big improvement, very impressed with Agger in particular....he gets better by the game and looks very confident, midfield not good at all, zenden was a passenger and pennant was v poor, aurelio was shocking, his corners were awful...a junior level footballer would have done better...up front Kuyt and Bellamy did well and look promising....sort out the midfield and things will get better. A xabi alonso playing well again is badly needed, and Stevie Gs role needs to be sorted This right midfield/centre midfield thing (In a way Rafa is spoiled for choice with Momo, Xabi and Stevie vying for two positions.....I dont buy into resting Stevie in a European game ..if he gets tired then take him off) Roll on Chelsea and the team Rafa decides to pick

Well the emergence of Agger could benefit us more than we suspect.

The "Gerrard problem" you refer to could be solved by playing the following 3-5-2 formation:

Reina

JC                 Sami              Agger

Alonso                Sissoko

Pennant                            Gerrard                       Gonzalez

Crouch           Kuyt.

Defensively, Alonso and Sissoko can easily switch to the flanks to play as wing-backs, with Stevie dropping back as a central defensive midfielder, essentially giving us 2 banks of 3. Drop Pennant and Gonzalez back aswell, and we have a 5-3-2 formation, which allows for a quick break on the counter.

Finnan is obviously the fall-guy, and I can't really justify dropping him, so he could play instead of Pennant, giving more solidity to the righthand side.

Either way - it's a heck of a team.

Roy Evans would be very proud!  :laugh:
pennant and gonzo as wingbacks? hmmm maybe finnan and aurelio tho
Pedro O'Maradona

Postby el_stinger » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:25 am

Ciggy wrote:
GOAT wrote:Well now that torrent of uncalled for abuse from that charming lady is over maybe we can all finally talk football.

You cheeky kunt, no need for that what so ever.
I did not upset you's it was the other way around.

Get a room you two, sort it out, get it out your systems. You know you want to.....  :D
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion