Press conference at 3pm today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:17 pm

liverpool have called a press conference for 3pm today. i fear that it may just be confirming what we have been dreading for ages. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:23 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if the press conference wasn't about Gerrard but about a relatively "minor" matter like the appointment of Benetiz' assistant or even the signing of a new player.

We'll probably hear about Stevie moving through a Chelsea press conference.

Did anyone hear of Michael Owen's interview with one of the Sunday tabloids yesterday in which he suggested he might leave if Stevie is sold.

He said that he, Gerrard, Carragher and Sammy Lee soke with Benetiz and were all "very impressed".

The tone he was taking implied that if Stevie leaves it will because the club are willing to sell him.

The rumours continue to build and it wouldn't surprise me if this press conference dodged the issue.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:28 pm

it's all conjecture and the players do not want to make themselves out to be the bad guy's so they try to blame the club either by doing so straight forwardly or by putting little stories in the papers. Remember they all have agents and publisists who want to keep there image as wholesome as possable. so the thought of Michael just going for the money would not go down well with his personal sponsors.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:31 pm

michael owen will sign a 65k a week 2 year extension in the next fortnight. stevie g leaving would be a lame excuse for mikey to leave, especially if we can bring some quality players in during the summer. i see no reason why we can't finish above chelsea in the league next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:33 pm

too right and rub steve's nose in it as he comes behind us.

I think if michael was serious about staying then he would have done a longer contract if what you say is right.

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:39 pm

i just don't see any footballing superpowers coming in for mikey at the moment. lets face it, he didn't exactly set the world on fire in portugal did he? as a result, he has little choice but to sign an extension because he has already given his word that he will not "do a mcmanaman". owen wants to stay, as long as we are challenging. now that a new era has begun, lets hope that we take a step in that direction. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:47 pm

Look Owen is well within his rights to sign a two year contract... he has said that if Liverpoolwere challenging for the title every year it wouldn't even be an issue. But they are not and he doesn't even have to sign a new contract, he could just stay until it runs out and leave for nothing, making a bucket load of cash for himself in the process. At least he is giving Benitez a chance (if the SG rumours are true) , provided of curse that he does sign a new contract
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:53 pm

More speculation  ??? Only 1 hour+ to go then we'll know! :blues:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:59 pm

then again, we might be unveiling cisse a couple of days early. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:02 pm

Whatever is announced I can only say I'm relieved that something is finally being ****** announced.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redman25 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:05 pm

i heard heskey is resigning!!!! :laugh:
redman25

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:06 pm

stmichel, i think you could of just hit the nail on the head mate.

No player has ever left a club by calling a press conference have they? So it's either Cisse has landed, Benitez has quit, a deal has been done behind the scenes (similar to thai deal) or both Gerard & Owen have extand their contracts.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:07 pm

they cannot do Cisse early as he does not officially leave Auxxare until 1200 on the 30th.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:08 pm

Unless Cisse has given back word and has gone to Everton in a swap deal for Roooooooney!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:10 pm

Im sh!tting myself now. I've gone really nervous. I hate it when an annoucment is made.

need the loo again .....
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion