Premiership rich list - We could be worse

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:07 am

You could fix your teeth if you were Ronaldinho.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:42 am

if i was ronaldinho i'd get 'em gold plated. imagine the glare in the sunlight - blinding defenders. ha! :laugh:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:05 am

That's a great idea but I'm sure the F.A. will step in and stop it. By then, Ronaldinho may be left without any teeth....:p
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:07 am

saddens me that they earn so much money and people all over the world live in poverty and die of starvation, esepcially at this time of the year, and in the wake of the tsunami disaster. :(
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:45 am

lfc
theres millionaires everywhere, not just in football. at least they have to give up a lot of there lives for what they do. think of mega millionaire business men and movie stars as well.
we cant complain about footballers, they bring in the revenue and get to keep a fair chunk as well. they do get paid stupid amounts, but so do many many people
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:33 am

i agree with LFC. every time i'm there enjoying a game or reading about football or getting excited about it in any way i also realise that i'm having to stop myself thinking about the ridiculous amounts these guys are on and the fact that football is just a massive financial business - the kind of which i would normally hate with a passion. yeah, they work hard (mostly), yeah, they have to give up a lot for it but as professional footballers they should have that motivation anyway.

i've no idea how many players think about the world in a wider context and how many get involved in charity projects, but i'm betting that the majority don't. especially the younger ones who only know about the game since it changed into a cash cow.

i know that football is used as a tool for good in a lot of ways - there are schemes all over the world to bring people together and give them something to enjoy with football. but as far as individual players goes, and many of those on club boards - i see mostly greed and self interest these days.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion