Premiership high earners - We have 2

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:32 am

keane 90k  ???  for bitching ? :D

If gerrard is gonna stay, we will have to raise his salary to 90K.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages....id=1779

The Premiership's top wage earners

FRANK LAMPARD (Chelsea)
£90,000-a-week

ROY KEANE (Man Utd)
£90,000

PATRICK VIEIRA (Arsenal)
£87,000

RIO FERDINAND (Man Utd)
£85,000

SOL CAMPBELL (Arsenal)
£81,000

JOHN TERRY (Chelsea)
£80,000

RUUD VAN NISTELROOY (Man Utd)
£75,000

THIERRY HENRY (Arsenal)
£74,000

STEVEN GERRARD (Liverpool)
£70,000

HARRY KEWELL (Liverpool)
£65,000
Last edited by The_Rock on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:13 am

so much f/uckin cash, rich ****** dont derserve ****** espicially when they play like ******
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:44 am

it is a lot of money but ive always said that they do deserve it. when u see people like tom cruise can command 20 million a movie (plus the odd 30 million for exec producer rights) then this money for football is nothing new. They play football yes, it is easier no doubt than any job anyone of the posters on this forum have (students not included) but they lose out on everything as well. No longer can they have the 'normal' lvies we have.
They cant drink, cant smoke, have to eat what they are told to, sleep when they are told to, drink, ££££ when they are told to. Basically they are machines, they dont erally have lives. And when they do go out, they are followed around by paparazzi non stop 24/7. Personally i think they get paid what the clubs can afford. If we buy the tickets then they can get paid. Are we gonna boycott the matches?

Not a chance.

We love football, they play football.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:02 pm

Kewell gets £65,000 a week?  Holy ******!  Thats a sh1tload!
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby JohnBull » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:it is a lot of money but ive always said that they do deserve it. when u see people like tom cruise can command 20 million a movie (plus the odd 30 million for exec producer rights) then this money for football is nothing new. They play football yes, it is easier no doubt than any job anyone of the posters on this forum have (students not included) but they lose out on everything as well. No longer can they have the 'normal' lvies we have.
They cant drink, cant smoke, have to eat what they are told to, sleep when they are told to, drink, ££££ when they are told to. Basically they are machines, they dont erally have lives. And when they do go out, they are followed around by paparazzi non stop 24/7. Personally i think they get paid what the clubs can afford. If we buy the tickets then they can get paid. Are we gonna boycott the matches?

Not a chance.

We love football, they play football.

What colour's the moon where you are ?

We've got the biggest gang of spoilt brats playing "the game they love" for fortunes.

Before I bought my pub I was a drain layer who spent half my life juggling other peoples turds down deep holes that could fall in any moment.

If you've got sewerage piling up in your house at 10 'o'clock at night how much would you pay to get it sorted ? £60K ?
No way - It's alright to pay that to some slacker who's mugging the club though!!!
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:37 pm

JohnBull
ok, are you gonna stop buying the liverpool tops and stop going to the matches? neither am i.
If the clubs can afford it they will pay it. it really is that simple. and people arent gonna pay £40 a time to watch u clean turds, altho i might pay a fiver hehe
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:45 pm

Agree with John Bull......sadly we're the mugs who sanction it by going to watch them every week.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 pm

but... oh well, i guess its up to the individual. i think they earn it smetmies and im willing to pay for them to play
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:52 pm

??? 65 K harry kewell thats a bloody disgrace infact all there salaries are a disgrace, its pathetic :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:09 pm

You guys won't have to wait too long there's only so much money in the game and only so far the fans can be squeezed. 

Presently the wages and transfer fees are spiralling out of control so it wont be long before more clubs go bust and then the FA and UEFFA will get off their sorry ar$es and do something about it.

There are too many taking from the game and fans and not putting enuff back and the guys who could control it, UEFFA, the FA etc are doing jack sh*t.

Perhaps the government might step in a clean it up but then labour promised to sort it out but did jack sh$t again.

Oh well pretty soon it will grind to a halt and then they may wake up to what's going on or perhaps they do know but are afraid to do something.

When has the FA done something positive other than to pick on players and managers what a sorry ar$e wipers they are.
Last edited by kindaconfused on Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:19 pm

I think a salary cap, as practiced in NBA will help clubs to better managed their salaries and prevent them going bust when the music finally stops.

I agree there are too much money in the game right now and some ambitious chairman or two will crave for success only to see them finally drive the club to receivership.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:44 pm

but teh salary cap would have to be made amongst the entire world. that includes the arab states and the far east.
NBA it works easier as it is one country, doing it for the whole world...dunno about that. All ud need is a few countries to say no and everyone would go where the money is.

its not all black and white
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:55 pm

If any shyte wants to go to the arabs - then let him , he's not an LFC player.

It's love or nothing , as far as I'm bothered
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:24 pm

Looks like manure are going to do something about it if so I think all the prem clubs should follow suit escpecially chelsea :Oo:
Man Utd eye pay-as-you-play deals 

The players need to understand the economics of the game have changed over the last few years

David Gill 
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has warned Old Trafford's high-earners they could be placed on pay-as-you-play deals in future.
Gill hinted at changes as he told United's annual meeting: "We'd like, particularly for the younger players, to have more appearance-based money.

"The players need to understand the economics of the game have changed over the last few years.

"But we're still talking about putting together very attactive packages."

Gill added: "Wage cuts would depend on the player."

United's finances were hit because they claimed a smaller share of the Champions League cash pot after finishing third in the Premiership last year.

And the club has a number of high earners whose contracts are up for renewel at the end of next season.

Captain Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs are among those who could be affected, along with young defender John O'Shea.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:27 pm

£74k a month for Henry? A bargain, or at least he is well worth every penny paid him!!
gabbyh

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion