Premiereship teams next season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:20 am

Since weve won the EUROPEAN CUP 5 times, and now it is officially known to everyone well atleast on paper that we are the best team in europe  :D .
How are teams going to react to us in the prem next season?
The bitters will be twice as angry and kick ten lots of :censored: out of our players at derby games.
Chelsea will want to prove a point that they are better than us so therefore will raise their game much much higher, than last season with us knocking them out.
Arsenal will also have a point to prove with wenger maoning and being openly jealous of us.

The mancs well say no more they will be green with envy now we have our own EUROPEAN CUP :D , and with that yank taking over they will be a very unhappy bunch I should imagine.
Then we have the likes of fat Sams Bolton who will also want to prove a point finishing on the same points as us, only our goal difference being higher, and we went on to win the CL.
Teams like this will start to think now oh hang on a minute if Liverpool can do it so can we.

We wont get respect and no one will fear us either mainly due to our premiereship form of last season.
Years ago when we where a force teams where terrified to come to Anfield or dreaded there fixture of having to play against us.
We used to do the bizz by half time shut up shop and bobs your uncle.
But footballs changed so much you no longer need a prolific goal scorer banging 20 odd goals a season in, cause the goals are coming from the defence, wings, and midfield now and that long ball game basically destroyed the beauty of our pass and move what we where so famous for.

If I am honest I am a bit worried about next season a top 3 finish is the most we can hope for, aome people are saying we will win the prem but there is no chance of that yet, maybe in 3-4 years time, when we have the right players and Rafa knows the prem inside out.
Plus we had a difficult time last season with injuries new foriegn players and competing with euros elite.

To be a serious contender to challenge the top 3 we will need 22 good, fit strong players to challenge on all fronts IMO, cause we know Rafa favours squad rotation sometimes I wish he wouldnt, as we lost a lot of games last season through this, but there is also the burn out factor.

I suppose my question is am I living in the past? Hopeing that we terrify teams into submission will teams ever fear or respect us again?
Some how I dont think so, and next season we are going to be up against a lot of angry players/managers that will want to prove a point of beating euros best.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:34 am

Cggy, i agree teams will be playing us next year will have  a point to prove. esp Chelsea and everton, those games are gonna be crackers.

But i am not to worried. Other teams will raise the bar against us and lower teams will take shots at us based on our premiership performance last year. I am of the opinion that they will be facing a completely new team in epl next season. Liverpool have done the impossible, a comeback like that will instill enormous belief in the squad and in Rafa. They will underestimate us early on.

Having said that, finishing in the top 3 or 4 next will be a relief . :p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:34 am

everyone always wants to beat liverpool in the league anyway. but this coming season it looks like the bitters, manure and @rse will be even more p!ssed off, as us being in the CL means they each lose about £5million in revenue. many clubs also feel we never deserved to win the cup and will want to make their point by beating us. its going to be an interesting season and our reception wherever we go is going to be pretty unfriendly i'd guess.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:57 am

I think the premier league should allow us to parade the European Cup on the pitch before every away game next season........................................just to rub salt in their fcukin wounds  :rasp  :D

I would pay to see Moyes, Wenger, Ferguson and Maureens face while we do a lap of honour before each game with the trophy  :laugh:
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:03 am

The thing is though I think our players lack self belief escpecially against lower opititon they should now be saying to themselves, er hang on a minute weve just beaten Juventus, Ac Milan, and Chelsea over 2 legs, they should fear no one.
And rafa should come out with his half time speech in Istanbul at every game from now on.
A great, noble and wise man once said

'Don't let your heads drop. All the players who will get on the pitch after half-time have to keep their heads held high.

We are Liverpool, you are playing for Liverpool. Do not forget that.
You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them.
You cannot call yourselves Liverpool players if you have your heads down.
If we create a few chances we have the possibility of getting back into this.
Believe you can do it and we will. Give yourselves the chance to be heroes'.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PabloAimar » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:29 am

i just hope josey maureen's "ideal" squad size suffers a couple of horrific injuries once the transfer window has closed... that's our only hope. manure are :censored: n arsenal's form has been erratic since them 49 games season before last.
we've only won it 5 times
PabloAimar

Postby neilE » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 am

Its right that teams will try even harder against us, but its also true that our name has always made teams up their game. Against that, the belief and confidence our players are bound to have has got to count for more. The squad will be better next season too. If I'm honest I don't think we'll win the league next season either, but this time last year I wouldn't have given a lot for our European cup chances......................
neilE

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:21 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Since weve won the EUROPEAN CUP 5 times, and now it is officially known to everyone well atleast on paper that we are the best team in europe  :D .
How are teams going to react to us in the prem next season?
The bitters will be twice as angry and kick ten lots of :censored: out of our players at derby games.
Chelsea will want to prove a point that they are better than us so therefore will raise their game much much higher, than last season with us knocking them out.
Arsenal will also have a point to prove with wenger maoning and being openly jealous of us.

The mancs well say no more they will be green with envy now we have our own EUROPEAN CUP :D , and with that yank taking over they will be a very unhappy bunch I should imagine.
Then we have the likes of fat Sams Bolton who will also want to prove a point finishing on the same points as us, only our goal difference being higher, and we went on to win the CL.
Teams like this will start to think now oh hang on a minute if Liverpool can do it so can we.

We wont get respect and no one will fear us either mainly due to our premiereship form of last season.
Years ago when we where a force teams where terrified to come to Anfield or dreaded there fixture of having to play against us.
We used to do the bizz by half time shut up shop and bobs your uncle.
But footballs changed so much you no longer need a prolific goal scorer banging 20 odd goals a season in, cause the goals are coming from the defence, wings, and midfield now and that long ball game basically destroyed the beauty of our pass and move what we where so famous for.

If I am honest I am a bit worried about next season a top 3 finish is the most we can hope for, aome people are saying we will win the prem but there is no chance of that yet, maybe in 3-4 years time, when we have the right players and Rafa knows the prem inside out.
Plus we had a difficult time last season with injuries new foriegn players and competing with euros elite.

To be a serious contender to challenge the top 3 we will need 22 good, fit strong players to challenge on all fronts IMO, cause we know Rafa favours squad rotation sometimes I wish he wouldnt, as we lost a lot of games last season through this, but there is also the burn out factor.

I suppose my question is am I living in the past? Hopeing that we terrify teams into submission will teams ever fear or respect us again?
Some how I dont think so, and next season we are going to be up against a lot of angry players/managers that will want to prove a point of beating euros best.

I beleive that our winning the european cup will have a completly diffrent effect to what your saying. Teams WILL fear us when they play us, without a doubt. Every team in the league will have it in the back of their heads that they are playing the European champions when they face us.

Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd no this not a small acheivment as they have tried many times to win the competition themselves and failed, so i really believe it will put fear and respect from into every team thats plays us.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Belfastred » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:28 pm

I think arsenal, chelsea & the salford buccaneers raise their game when they play against us anyway. Its the smaller clubs that will be out to get us more. Agree with point on squad rotation, I wish we would stick to our best 11( available)for the league games, thats why we struggle at times, some clubs see it as a slight on themselves that we have rested our big players and try even harder.
Belfastred

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:53 pm

my concern is not how other teams react to playing the european champions, it's how we react to being european champions. with that title comes an awful lot more expectation. our fans have always demanded success but now it is time to prove that istanbul was not a one off and that we can start making inroads on the top three.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RED ANT » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:55 pm

stmichael wrote:my concern is not how other teams react to playing the european champions, it's how we react to being european champions. with that title comes an awful lot more expectation. our fans have always demanded success but now it is time to prove that istanbul was not a one off and that we can start making inroads on the top three.

couldn't agree more
RED ANT

Postby A.B. » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:58 pm

I don't expect us to win the Premiership next season but I expect us to move on up, I would be happy with 3rd place.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:07 pm

stmichael wrote:my concern is not how other teams react to playing the european champions, it's how we react to being european champions. with that title comes an awful lot more expectation. our fans have always demanded success but now it is time to prove that istanbul was not a one off and that we can start making inroads on the top three.

Its great isnt it? The fear we have now is of success. I funking love it................ :buttrock
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:07 pm

We CAN win.Every manager in the league has wisened up to Mourinho's flank tactics which employ Duff and Robben running down to the box.MU is facing internal problems over Glazer while Arsenal's main players are becoming veterans.(Respectable word for old).Luck doesn't last forever even for Everton.
116-1104673748

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:12 pm

thomas88 wrote:Every manager in the league has wisened up to Mourinho's flank tactics which employ Duff and Robben running down to the box.

oh really is that why Chelsea only lost once in the league last year.

Arsenal's main players are becoming veterans.(Respectable word for old).

like who Henry, Viera, Reyes, yeah there really on their last legs aint they. the only veterans Arsenal have are Bergkamp and Pires
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion