Pre season freindlys in japan

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sat May 21, 2005 9:36 am

:angry: Was hopeing they would be in Cork in Ierland  :glare:

Liverpool set for Japanese friendlies
First Published: May 20, 2005

Steven Gerrard celebrates after Liverpool defeated Chelsea in the Champions League semi-final. The Reds announced that they will begin preparations for next season with two friendlies in Japan.
Champions League finalists Liverpool announced that they will begin preparations for next season with two friendlies in Japan.

Liverpool, who bid for a fifth European title against Italian side AC Milan in the Champions League final in Istanbul next Wednesday, will play friendly fixtures against major J-League club's at the end of July.

Rafael Benitez's side will open against Shimizu S Pulse on July 27 at the Nihondaira stadium before taking on Kashima Antlers three days later at the Kashima stadium.

The English Premiership side are due to arrive in Japan on July 25 and return the day after the final game.

The Reds last visited Japan in 1984 when they lost the World Club Championship to Independiente in Tokyo. They also played in the Japanese capital three years previous against Flamengo, a game they also lost.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat May 21, 2005 4:19 pm

Well hopefully we can play a lil better than we did before....
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat May 21, 2005 4:26 pm

Its important to have Asian tours etc to spread our support in my opinion.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sat May 21, 2005 6:48 pm

That's the only reason the matches are going out there... for extra revenue. They're probably getting paid a fortune in appearance fee's and they also get to increase exposure. That's why they aren't going to Cork. They don't need to
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sat May 21, 2005 6:49 pm

I know selling more merchandises over there will be a great help to our finances in Liverpool(not sayin we r in debt)
joependo

Postby XSD » Sun May 22, 2005 12:36 am

I've watched J league a bit. These 2 teams have a lot of support, always lots of flags etc. It isn't that bad so it will be fun to see them play us.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion