Praise where praise is due - Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:21 pm

there have been 100's of threads slagging off Kewell recently, but today he played superb and was 1 of our best players on the pitch.  Made great runs, good passes and looked like the guy we bought from leeds.  At least thats a positive we can take from today, our injured player has returned with his old form
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:29 pm

lets just hope he can keep this up.
i think kewell crosses would of came in better use with crouch though.
nando was just not on top of his game today.
oh well, lets hope it doesnt affect our premiership campaign
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:30 pm

He didn't tire out did he? Good on him. Stevie made a few uncharacteristic miscued shots. I think I ocunted three. Sissoko was non-existant.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:31 pm

I don't want to criticise Rafa but why did he take so long to bring on Crouch? Also towards the end Cisse's speed could have come in handy.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:32 pm

AussieKopite wrote:He didn't tire out did he? Good on him. Stevie made a few uncharacteristic miscued shots. I think I ocunted three. Sissoko was non-existant.

sorry.. i think the most non-existence player is morientes. he did basically nothing. for a man of his calibre, he should have scored on the first chance. seriously i think his career is going down.
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Gaunt » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:33 pm

I think it was because we were on top and he didn't want to make any changes that might have broke the flow that the team had in the 2nd half when we were all over them. But Kewell played really well today, glad to see that he starting to regain old form. Hope he can keep it up  :)
Gaunt

Postby Gareth G » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:35 pm

Staying on topic, I was well pleased for Kewell, he had "the next Cafu" safely in his back pocket. Showed great skill throughout the game and hit in a right few quality crosses - which weren't taken advantage of, well done Harry and keep it up.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 pm

well done Harry and keep it up.

If he can do that every week i think we'll have the Harry of Old back again  :oh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:37 pm

AussieKopite wrote:I don't want to criticise Rafa but why did he take so long to bring on Crouch? Also towards the end Cisse's speed could have come in handy.

Cisse would have been useless as they were defending really deep. His pace would have been useless in that situation.

Kewell was probably man of the match for me.
Either him or Alonso.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:39 pm

Alonso_Rulz wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:He didn't tire out did he? Good on him. Stevie made a few uncharacteristic miscued shots. I think I ocunted three. Sissoko was non-existant.

sorry.. i think the most non-existence player is morientes. he did basically nothing. for a man of his calibre, he should have scored on the first chance. seriously i think his career is going down.

I was going to add him to the list however he did make a few shots on goal in goal-mouth scrambles and his lack of height is not his fault. Don't worry, he was nearby.

Just so you guys know Gerrard wasn't included because he was ineffective, it was just that his usual superb finishing wasn't quite there.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:39 pm

Kewell probably played his best game for 2 years!
oakton

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:40 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
AussieKopite wrote:I don't want to criticise Rafa but why did he take so long to bring on Crouch? Also towards the end Cisse's speed could have come in handy.

Cisse would have been useless as they were defending really deep. His pace would have been useless in that situation.

Kewell was probably man of the match for me.
Either him or Alonso.

Although because of his pace Diego Lugano would have tripped him and picked up a second yellow card.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:41 pm

??? If thats his best i dont wanna see his worst. Crouch should have started but we have some important league games coming up,Id rather have him fresh for them.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:47 pm

kewell played well and i hope he can keep it up. variety of crosses as mentioned on MOTD aswell. lets hope harry can light up and sparkle over xmas and into the new year (see what i did then, clever pun eh)
gary106

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:50 pm

lets hope harry can light up and sparkle over xmas and into the new year (see what i did then, clever pun eh)

:D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion