Praise where praise is due - Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:09 am

I thought peachy @rse played well today, cant wait for him to start against the Toon and the bitters :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:34 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:...peachy @rse...

I've never thought of Harry in this way...and I'm glad I haven't!!  :eyebrow    :eyebrow

Nice one CGGY but you've provided me with mental images I just DIDN'T need!!  Bleah!!  :p

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:31 am

when discussing first half game, steve mcmahon said that kewell shouldn't play and he prefer riise. From what i saw, kewell gave his full commitment and he create tension at sao paulo defence..he workhard to beat people and make a cross. he also share defence duties. It unfair to say he play :censored: in that game.
darwisigila

Postby JC_81 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:50 am

Kewell has improved I'll give him that, he beat the fullback a few times and got in some good crosses, his touch is also coming back.

But let's not get carried away, he's still carrying too much weight for a premiership player and because of that he still lacks that excellent turn of pace he used to have.  His workrate isn't good enough either, but again I'll put that down to his lack of match fitness.  If he has any chance of saving his Liverpool career he needs to stay injury free for the whole season and get into some form.  His average displays have improved from about 6/10 to 7/10 these days but a player of his calibre should be 8/10 almost every week.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kewellAlonsoGerard » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:16 am

3 finals and Kewell starts in all of them...nuff said
kewellAlonsoGerard

Postby hobbes » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:02 pm

I never like Kewell.. So I am surely not going to praise him. I find him not suitable to th eteam. I spotted several attempts by Riise to move
forward, but Kewell didnt pass the ball but just kept the ball.

Kewell did nothing extraordinary. He didn't score. He shot and crossed. He couldnt get pass the Brazilian Defender most of the time. Gerrard went to the left and deliverd some crosses.

I will only praise Gerrard. He deserved to be man of the match. His desire to win was astonishing. Incomparable. So please dont take that credit away from Gerrard in the pretext of proving your opinion on Kewell. Be fair.

Gerrard was sitting alone in the field. He knows no matter what he complaints nothing could be done. Watching him staring at the camera in disapointment  was terrible. Worst than loosing.

It was a unfair result. And I am not saying it as a LFC fan but as a football fan.

Lets just March on. Concentrate on Newcastle
hobbes

Postby kewellAlonsoGerard » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:18 pm

will only praise Gerrard. He deserved to be man of the match. His desire to win was astonishing. Incomparable.

Gerard missed a sitter (well as close as you're gonna get to one) - ironically off a Kewell dribble and cross - Is anybody bagging Gerard?
kewellAlonsoGerard

Postby geking27 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:50 pm

hobbes wrote:I never like Kewell.. So I am surely not going to praise him. I find him not suitable to th eteam. I spotted several attempts by Riise to move

Kewell did nothing extraordinary. He didn't score. He shot and crossed. He couldnt get pass the Brazilian Defender most of the time. Gerrard went to the left and deliverd some crosses.

I will only praise Gerrard. He deserved to be man of the match. His desire to win was astonishing. Incomparable. So please dont take that credit away from Gerrard in the pretext of proving your opinion on Kewell. Be fair.

Gerrard was sitting alone in the field. He knows no matter what he complaints nothing could be done. Watching him staring at the camera in disapointment  was terrible. Worst than loosing.

It was a unfair result. And I am not saying it as a LFC fan but as a football fan.

Totally agree.
I think steven was more efficient in the game than kewell.
He really did a good job from passing to shooting....but ...the result was not what he wanted.
geking27

Postby gordy_123 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:00 pm

hobbes wrote:I never like Kewell.. So I am surely not going to praise him. I find him not suitable to th eteam. I spotted several attempts by Riise to move

Haha god your ugly  :nod
gordy_123

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion