Praise where praise is due - Harry kewell

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Macca » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:51 pm

I thought he done great considering how much Hansen and Lawrenson were praising Cicinho the right back before the game

he'll settle in at madrid as he cares as much about defending as Real Madrid do, Kewell looked good taday hopefully he'll keep fit throughout the season and have a good world cup as well
Macca

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:11 pm

Can only assume that this tread was started by a hairband importer - Kewell has not made a meaningful impression on any game this season Not worth his wages, not worth his reputation and not worth his place.
You saying he was a better starter than Garcia ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:15 pm

I've sl3gged Kewell off a lot since he's been here but lately he's looking better, still not 100% but he's been better which is a start, just hope he continues to progress :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:16 pm

Just as I find some of the Kewell bashing exagerated, I find this thread exagerated. Last player that got a thread called "A praise, where a praise is due", it was Xabi Alonso, who's making 2 brilliant seasons in a row. Kewell has played well yes, but must be regular to earn a thread like this.

IMHO.
Last edited by Sabre on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:23 pm

He just costs as much as a proper player
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:37 pm

7_Kewell wrote:there have been 100's of threads slagging off Kewell recently, but today he played superb and was 1 of our best players on the pitch.  Made great runs, good passes and looked like the guy we bought from leeds.  At least thats a positive we can take from today, our injured player has returned with his old form

agree 100%
jack66

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:38 pm

Still not quite there for me, but what I saw from him today was very, very encouraging. Him and Garcia were the best players on the park for me today, apart perhaps from the Sao Paolo keeper.
ivor_the_injun

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Dec 18, 2005 6:46 pm

HK played well today, lets hope he continues and gets better over the next few months.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:05 pm

kewell played well today not back to his best but hopefully getting there, i think its best to talk about the positives of this match and not start slagging individuals again,we played well and lost sh!t happens,we can go home with alot of confidance,we won't play that well again and lose,i'm sure of that, now back to the serious business of the premiership,come on red men
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:39 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:kewell played well today not back to his best

Remind me ?
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:52 pm

remind you of what?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:42 pm

too early to say but harry has and always will be a great player. Liverpool needs a player of his calibre down the left his interchanging with luis and stevie today was good. I have never slagged the lad off, but even i know its too early for great praise.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:53 pm

JohnBull wrote:Can only assume that this tread was started by a hairband importer

:D John you are consistent in your dislike of Kewell and that's a good line. He is improving a tad though mate, even if I would concede that it's from a fairly low starting point. I personally thought he was Ok today and had his moments, but he still has a long way to go to convince me that he really "wants it". Talk of him being Liverpools best player today is wide of the mark and probably wishful thinking from his band of loyal supporters, but he is getting a bit a bit less annoying I'll give him that.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kukilon » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:05 pm

Good game for Kewell today.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby GunGod » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:35 pm

kewell played a good game today and deserves our recognition, particularly since he had gone through much slagging in here.

kewell recovering, isn't that what we all want to see? And for all the posters in this thread who don't seem willing to give him credit for what he gave for us today, you are doing well to dampen whatever motivation he has. i don't see the need for wet blankets in this thread.
GunGod

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion