Post match everton v liverpool - Are we happy now ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:58 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

Quality  :D  I was down there last week in the bingo orrible place. Heard a good Joke today from my grandaughter

What do you get an Evertonian for Christmas?

2 PENS AND A KUYT  :D  I laughed anyway
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:01 pm

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Ah, great. It's good to see that most of the bickering has simmered down and that the thread is turning into some comedy relief at the expense of the blue noses. The DVD gag had me in stitches, as does David Moyes going boogaloo in Jonny's sig. Quality. :laugh:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:08 am

clattenburg has been given the weekend of this week as a punishment from the PL, he will not be allowed to referee
112-1077774096

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:15 am

I actually think he didn't have a bad game   :D No seriously, had he given the Lescott penalty at the end (which lets be honest he should have) then there wouldn't have been any complaints form anyone I wouldn't think, Everton staff and fans included. The two sendings off were a given I thought, as were our two penalties. Some have said that Kuyt should have walked but I don't buy that. If there had been contact then fair enough, as it was it was little more than a backwards swallow dive.

I do think on a slightly seperate note that it's about time that football considered using some video coverage. Something siliar to the tennis thing where the captain of the team in question has two incidents per half which they can question might work, or even a system like in rugby where the ref goes to kind of a "third umpire" over penalties. We';ve only had nine league games this season andit seems there's been extremely controversial instances in almost every one.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:14 am

bigmick wrote:I do think on a slightly seperate note that it's about time that football considered using some video coverage. Something siliar to the tennis thing where the captain of the team in question has two incidents per half which they can question might work, or even a system like in rugby where the ref goes to kind of a "third umpire" over penalties. We';ve only had nine league games this season andit seems there's been extremely controversial instances in almost every one.

I believe someone has mentioned this before. I don't mind that kind of system at all. But I do think 2 decisions per half is too many... imagine some referees like to stop the game alot and on top of that you can have 4 challenges/stoppages in a half (2 from each team) not to mention injury disruptions. I would think that 1 challenge from each team per half is sufficient if ever this kind of system is implemented. After all you don't want to put too much power into the hands of the players given the fact that referees are already under alot of pressure and you also would want to make the respective captains of the team think carefully before making any challenge calls as they won't want to waste them.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:25 am

Even if Lescott had won a penalty, Reina would have saved it anyway, so we still win 1-2.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:53 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Even if Lescott had won a penalty, Reina would have saved it anyway, so we still win 1-2.

That would really drive Everton fans mad!  :wwww  :D
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby burjennio » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:31 am

Just to live up to the bitters tag, Phil Nevilles still whinging

From BBC

Neville has called on referees to be more consistent when making key decisions.

"Dirk Kuyt is not a malicious player but the bottom line is that he should have been sent off," the Everton captain told his club website evertonfc.com.

"We've had instances this season where players have been booked for the most trivial of incidents.

"But when you see a leg-breaking tackle like that one receive the same punishment that's when you get upset.

"We just want referees to be consistent. We have had officials come into our changing rooms this season and explain the rules.

"Two feet off the ground is a red card. That's why the players, the manager and our supporters feel so let down.

"This isn't asking for favouritism. We just want consistency and tackles like that to be outlawed."

If Kuyts tackle had been in the same time zone as Neville maybe, but let it frekkin go already
burjennio

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:34 am

Lucky wrote:
The Manhattan Project wrote:Even if Lescott had won a penalty, Reina would have saved it anyway, so we still win 1-2.

That would really drive Everton fans mad!  :wwww  :D

And me too, I can see myself laughing and crying histerycally of joy if we had ended the match that way  :D

Neville says

"Two feet off the ground is a red card. That's why the players, the manager and our supporters feel so let down.

Is it? I ask it seriously, is it on the rules of refs? FFS, the worst tackle of Kuyt this season is the one that left Oubiña, the Birmingham city player, injured for months. Of course it wasn't spectacular nor noticeable, but much worse than any tackle seen in the last game.

There are far worse things that elevating a bit the legs. Kuyt didn't put the studs anywhere, nor kicked from behind a leaning leg. His tackle was more spectacular than dangerous, IMHO.  (And as far as I can remember, I didn't pay much attention to that)
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:38 am

to be fair, as much as i dislike neville he has a point, we were all pretty annoyed when chelsea were given a penalty they didnt deserve agaisnt us, if we complain about ref decisions then we cant suddenly say a wrong decison is right when it goes in our favour
112-1077774096

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 pm

peewee wrote:to be fair, as much as i dislike neville he has a point, we were all pretty annoyed when chelsea were given a penalty they didnt deserve agaisnt us, if we complain about ref decisions then we cant suddenly say a wrong decison is right when it goes in our favour

This is why I did not go mad at the decision v chelsea as these things even themselves out over the season.  Kuyt should of went, it was an awful challenege and everton deserved the minimum of 1 penalty.  It was bad decision from the ref, no doubt about it.

At Wigan they had a perfectly good goal disallowed as well.  These things happen which benefit us and we have to accept those same sort of decisions will go against us.
puroresu

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:16 pm

puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:to be fair, as much as i dislike neville he has a point, we were all pretty annoyed when chelsea were given a penalty they didnt deserve agaisnt us, if we complain about ref decisions then we cant suddenly say a wrong decison is right when it goes in our favour

This is why I did not go mad at the decision v chelsea as these things even themselves out over the season.  Kuyt should of went, it was an awful challenege and everton deserved the minimum of 1 penalty.  It was bad decision from the ref, no doubt about it.

At Wigan they had a perfectly good goal disallowed as well.  These things happen which benefit us and we have to accept those same sort of decisions will go against us.

not to mention kuyt put the ball in the net on saturday and was wrongly adjudged offside, many mistakes were made in the derby, and not just by rafa    :D

i really think very soon they will turn to technology to help the ref
112-1077774096

Postby puroresu » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:42 pm

peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:

not to mention kuyt put the ball in the net on saturday and was wrongly adjudged offside, many mistakes were made in the derby, and not just by rafa    :D

Technology can only work with goal line decisions as its a fact which cant be denied.  Things like penalties and offsides can be debated so technology wouldnt work.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:54 pm

puroresu wrote:
peewee wrote:
puroresu wrote:

Technology can only work with goal line decisions as its a fact which cant be denied.  Things like penalties and offsides can be debated so technology wouldnt work.

Thats not strictly true as technology will be able to show a fourth official different angles which give a far clearer indication.
Not saying it should definately happen for things like penalties but it would help get decisions right without question.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion