Post match everton v liverpool - Are we happy now ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:41 pm

Have to say that while some decisions were perplexing on Saturday the result is one all of us would have accepted beforehand so we should take positives rather than negatives from the match overall.

Gerrard has played alot of football recently, which recovering from an injury so not playing the last 20mins should be beneficial to him come Weds night in Turkey, also his replacement made an impact which ultimately led to the winning goal

Sammi Hypia had Evertons only shot on target, now to go away from home and stiffle a side in that fashion, especially in a heated derby game shows that Rafa's tactics were spot on, and if the finishing had been better, we'd be talking about the hiding the Reds just handed out rather than the current "How could he sub Gerrard?" quagmire the conversation has become bogged down in

For the record I thought it was wrong to sub Gerrard as he had started to impose himself on the game at the time but I did find it ironic that if Gerrard had been dropped from the starting line up no-one on here could have said it wasn't justified after some of his recent performances. As for what Benitez said after the game Im sure something has been lost in translation and it'll be rectified today at training

Can't believe no ones updated the AB Key Moments thread  BTW! I'd have thought a last minute penalty against your hometown rivals would be the kinda thing that makes it on to that list?

:D
burjennio

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:14 pm

Moyes won't accept apology
Everton boss questions Clattenburg's relationship with Liverpool
By James Dall   Last updated: 22nd October 2007

Moyes: Furious
Everton boss David Moyes has insisted that he would not accept an apology from referee Mark Clattenburg.

Still reeling after Saturday's Merseyside derby defeat, Moyes has hit out at Clattenburg's display and questioned his relationship with Rafa Benitez's side.

The 32-year-old official chose not to award Everton a penalty in the dying seconds after Joleon Lescott was tugged down by Jamie Carragher.

Clattenburg also chose not to send off Dirk Kuyt after the Dutchman lunged wildly at Phil Neville, and dubiously switched from a yellow to a red card when dealing with Tony Hibbert's foul on Steven Gerrard.

Earlier in the season, Liverpool were victim of poor refereeing when Rob Styles awarded Chelsea a soft penalty at Anfield.

Friend

Styles subsequently contacted Benitez in order to apologise to the Spaniard for his costly error.

However, Moyes has revealed that he has no intention of even speaking to Clattenburg, and also questioned the referee's relationship with the Anfield club - comments which may land him in hot water with the Football Association.

"Rob Styles phoned Liverpool to apologise over a penalty against Chelsea, but if Clattenburg did the same, I wouldn't take the call," he said.

"You wonder whether they allow themselves to be influenced by the top four. Didn't Clattenburg go to Hong Kong with Liverpool for the Asia Cup this summer? Maybe he wants to be their friend."

Blatant

Moyes further vented his frustration at Clattenburg's performance, insisting that his decisions were 'incredible'.

"I've tried not to talk about referees, but the decisions he has made have cost us," he added.

"You could have said 'okay, he got a couple of things wrong', and I can, but the one in the final second is so blatant that to get that wrong on top of everything else was just incredible.

"I have to question whether you can referee if you don't see that foul on Joleon Lescott by Jamie Carragher."

SKYSPORTS

------------------------------

Bitter Bitter Moyes

I feel sorry for the bluenoses... oh wait I dont
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:18 pm

:D @ Moyes

Good post from Burjennio. BTW I agree about the thread of key moments (who creates the thread is not important), I think it's a good idea to review the season afterwards, especially for me who I have not a good memory for details. I do not update it myself, because I prefer Red37's prose, but if he doesn't update soon, I'll have to start, this is a threat.

SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:22 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:40 pm

Im just after putting a summary on the key moments thread, its not quite as detailed as some of the others but it gets the point across

FWIW that dvd is the feckin hilarious!
:laugh:
burjennio

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:48 pm

:laugh: nice one Leon
maypaxvobiscum

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:21 pm

jonnymac1979

Postby Sabre » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Priceless. When you're opposition is like this, it means you have to be happy :D

BTW, both the opposition and Rafa wore ribbons in their jackets, what were they supposed to represent/remember?
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:27 pm

Sabre wrote:BTW, both the opposition and Rafa wore ribbons in their jackets, what were they supposed to represent/remember?

Keeping gun crime off the streets of Liverpool.  It's going bonkers round here, I'm hearing of at least one story a week from people where a gun has been pulled in some scuffle or other.  It's getting mad.
jonnymac1979

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:28 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Image

:laugh: PRICELESS :laugh:
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm

Sabre wrote:Image

Priceless. When you're opposition is like this, it means you have to be happy :D

BTW, both the opposition and Rafa wore ribbons in their jackets, what were they supposed to represent/remember?

It was about the Rhys Jones murder mate, the city uniting to try and combat gun crime. See this from the Echo.

TODAY the ECHO calls on the people of Merseyside to band together in memory of murdered schoolboy Rhys Jones.

We are asking you to back our Liverpool Unites campaign by wearing a purple wristband.

They go on sale at 8am tomorrow at Tesco stores across the region.

They cost £1 - and every penny will go towards our Liverpool Unites appeal.

Earlier this week, we asked you to help us raise £100,000 towards a new community centre in Croxteth Park.

Named after the 11-year-old, shot dead as he walked home from football practice, the project has the full backing of his parents Melanie and Stephen.

Campaigners want the £1.5m centre to be a permanent reminder of Rhys.

They want it to include all-weather outdoor pitches, which the Everton fan would have loved.

By selling the wristbands and accepting donations for our purple ribbons, we hope to help make the Rhys Jones community centre dream become a reality.

Tesco have agreed to sell 100,000 wristbands, embossed with the words Liverpool Unites. You can get our purple ribbons at bakers’ chain Sayers.

Rhys’s mother Melanie said today: “Rhys would have loved the wristbands. He had a boatload of them, all different colours which are sat in his room..”

Since we launched the anti-gun crime Liverpool Unites campaign three weeks ago, support has flooded in. We turned the city purple with our purple ribbons which are worn by Liverpool’s celebs and sporting stars.

* Join the hundreds who have signed our petition at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/LiverpoolUnites

GET your wristbands from 8am tomorrow at the following Tesco stores:

Superstores: Allerton Road, Heswall, Old Swan, Helsby, Formby, St Helens, Deysbrook Barracks, Burscough Bridge, Woolton, Newton-le-Willows, Bromborough Homeplus.

Tesco Metro: Bootle Metro, Liverpool Metro, Ormskirk Metro, Rock Ferry Metro, Runcorn Metro.

Tesco Express: Little Sutton Express, Wavertree Express, Hoylake Rd Express, Ashton In Makerfield Express, Longmoor Lane Express, Greenfield Road St Helens Express, Brownlow Hill Express, Windle St Helens Express, Churchtown Express, Birkdale Southport Express, Mossley Hill Express.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote: :laugh: PRICELESS :laugh:

Beast isn't it?  :laugh:  :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:32 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote::laugh: PRICELESS :laugh:

Beast isn't it?  :laugh:  :laugh:

That picture's not far off anyway Jonny, County roads a feckin sh!thole.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Sabre wrote: :D @ Moyes

Good post from Burjennio. BTW I agree about the thread of key moments (who creates the thread is not important), I think it's a good idea to review the season afterwards, especially for me who I have not a good memory for details. I do not update it myself, because I prefer Red37's prose, but if he doesn't update soon, I'll have to start, this is a threat.

Sabre, fill your boots mate. Thats the intention of that thread; to offer a place where anyone can put an entry in - not just me. Your command of English is excellent and is always a pleasure to see progressing. The only reason ive stayed out of it for a bit is because A.B had taken over the role of 'narrator in chief' recently - and with being made up to mod and recovery from surgery, my attention hasn't been focussed entirely in one place.

In truth there hasn't really been ANY key moments of late anyway...until Saturday to speak of. But please go ahead and do your own piece on the events.

red.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:37 pm

I hate even driving down the place.  Try and avoid it at all costs usually.  I'll bet that's what it looked like Sunday morning though. 

jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion